Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 4,508

CanisWolfred

Nakoruru would be fun in a Smash Bros. format, her fighting style is pretty unique and technical, and with her bird, she'd have built in aerial maneuvering, unlike Haohmaru.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magician

And then there's YouTuber, Blocked Content, who feels that the SNK Corp trademark is a copy/paste mistake, and that the Ryu Hayabusa leak is more likely accurate. Personally, I hope the Ryu Hayabusa leak is true. That would suggest incoming ports of the Ninja Gaiden trilogy to Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Euler

Smash already has a Ryu that people have actually heard of, and the SNK was a copy-paste mistake. Vergeben is about the only leaker worth taking seriously.

Euler

Toy_Link

Person who leaked last month's Indie World Direct says the next DLC character will be Terry Bogard.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

SKTTR

Terry Bogard's history on Nintendo consoles:

• Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (1991) SNES / WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Fatal Fury 2 (1992) SNES / GB / WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Fatal Fury Special (1993) SNES / WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory (1995) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury (1995) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (1997) GB / WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 – The Newcomers (1998) - WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters '94 (1994) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters '95 (1995) GB / WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters '96 (1996) GB / WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters '97 (1997) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters '98 (1998) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Real Bout Special (1998) GB
  • The King of Fighters '99 (1999) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves (1999) WiiVC-NG / Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters 2000 (2000) Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters 2001 (2001) Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters EX: NeoBlood (2002) GBA
  • The King of Fighters 2002 (2002) Switch-NG
  • The King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood (2002) GBA
  • The King of Fighters 2003 (2003) Switch-NG
  • CAPCOM vs. SNK 2 (2003) Gamecube
  • SNK VS. Capcom - Card Fighters DS (2006) DS
  • The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga (2008) Wii
  • SNK Arcade Hits Vol. 1 (2008) Wii
  • SNK Heroines (2018) Switch
  • TOTAL: 46 Nintendo-releases

Heihachi's history on Nintendo consoles:

• Tekken Advance (2002, GBA)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition (2012, Wii U)
  • Tekken 3D - Prime Edition (2012, 3DS)
  • TOTAL: 3 Nintendo-releases

Heihachi is from 1995 Playstation exclusive Tekken.
Tekken Advance was pretty forgettable even back then, and 10 years after that finally the first two proper Tekken games to ever grace a Nintendo console appeared: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition (which happens to be the best Tekken game ever for many) and Tekken 3D which was a nice handheld port. However, none of the numbered mainline Tekken games ever appeared on Nintendo.
Tekken is one of the most popular fighting game series ever, next to Super Smash Bros. and Street Fighter.

Akira Yuki is from Sega's Virtua Fighter.

• Spirit and Assist Trophy deconfirmation.

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat's Nintendo history is as follows:

• Mortal Kombat 1 - 1992 (SNES/GB)
  • Mortal Kombat 2 - 1993 (SNES/GB)
  • Mortal Kombat 3 - 1995 (SNES/GB)
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - 1996 (SNES/GBC)
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy - 1997 (N64)
  • Mortal Kombat Anthologies: Sub-Zero - 1997 (N64)
  • Mortal Kombat 4 - 1998 (N64/GBC)
  • Mortal Kombat Advance - 2001 (GBA)
  • Mortal Kombat V: Deadly Alliance - 2002 (Gamecube/GBA)
  • Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition - 2003 (GBA)
  • Mortal Kombat: Deception - 2004 (Gamecube)
  • Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - 2007 (Wii)
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat - 2007 (DS)
  • Mortal Kombat 11 - 2019 (Switch)
  • TOTAL: 20 Nintendo-releases.

Fulgore from the Killer Instinct series, exclusive Nintendo fighting game series until 2002:

• Killer Instinct - 1995 - Nintendo-Arcade
  • Killer Instinct - 1995 - SNES
  • Killer Instinct - 1995 - GB
  • Killer Instinct 2 - 1996 - Nintendo-Arcade
  • Killer Instinct Gold 1997 - N64
  • TOTAL: 5 Nintendo-releases

Mitsurugi from SoulBlade/SoulCalibur. Or Ivy? Yoshimitsu? Sophitia? Siegfried? Seung-Mina? Nightmare? Kilik? Cervantes? The fighting game characters I care for most personally, next to a couple from Samurai Shodown's roster. One of the best games ever and one of the worst in the series.

• Soul Calibur II (2003, Gamecube)
  • Soul Calibur Legends (2009, Wii)
  • TOTAL: 2 Nintendo-releases unfortunately

Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Ukyo, Hattori Hanzo, or Galford from SNK's Samurai Shodown:

• Samurai Shodown (SNES) 1994
  • Samurai Shodown (GB) 1994
  • Samurai Shodown (Wii-VC) 2007
  • Samurai Shodown II (Wii-VC) 2007
  • Samurai Shodown III (Wii-VC) 2008
  • Samurai Shodown IV (Wii-VC) 2008
  • Samurai Shodown V (Wii-VC) 2009
  • Samurai Shodown Anthology (Wii) 2009 - incl. even PS2 game Samurai Shodown VI + extras.
  • Samurai Shodown (Switch-Arcade) 2017
  • Samurai Shodown II (Switch-Arcade) 2017
  • Samurai Shodown III (Switch-Arcade) 2017
  • Samurai Shodown IV (Switch-Arcade) 2018
  • Samurai Shodown V (Switch-Arcade) 2018
  • Samurai Shodown V Special (Switch-Arcade) 2019
  • New Samurai Shodown (Switch) 2019
  • TOTAL: 15 Nintendo-releases

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Diddy64
Could this mean that we will get a Smash announcement? I don't know Japanese, so if any of you know what Sora (Sakurai) said, I will really appreciated.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

redd214

@Diddy64 if you just click on the tweet there's an option to auto translate, at least for me there is.

It says: "It's morning. Let's see!"

redd214

Diddy64

@redd214 Thanks. Since I don't use twitter often, I didn't know about it.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Euler

It would be really weird if we didn’t get a Smash announcement of some sort. Release date for Banjo and a reveal of Challenger Pack 4.

Euler

link3710

@Euler Having one Roy didn't stop them from adding the lesser known Roy Koopa now did it? Besides which, Ryu Hayabusa is pretty well known, he's almost certainly Koei Tecmo's most famous character (and NIntenod and Koei Tecmo are very close) and he's been appearing in games since the 80s. I wouldn't count him out so easily. I wouldn't count that out and the reveal of Ninja Gaiden 4 being on Switch (even if it's among other platforms).

Tracer would be incredibly fun, even if I think she's got little to no chance. I'd rank her third out of Activision-Blizzard's portfolio for my wants (Spyro and Diablo are both character's I'd prefer), but there's no discounting her entirely.

Terry Bogard would be... fine. I have no particular opinion of him (just like Heihachi), but he's quite iconic. I'd still prefer Soul Calibur over any other fighting game getting in, but that won't happen.

And outside of the top picks, I'm still going to say I suspect we'll get a Bandai-Namco character among the final two, either Agumon or Lloyd Irving being the top suspects, with a Tekken character right below (I'd like to see King most of all, but Nina Williams or Yoshimitsu with both his Tekken and Soul Calibur appearances would be great as well).

link3710

kkslider5552000

I'm not saying its my favorite, but I will say the case should be made at this point that this is the greatest Nintendo game ever created. I can say Metroid Prime or Xenoblade Chronicles, but I'm not sure I could properly argue this when compared to Smash Bros' insane, unlimited content.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HobbitGamer

5.0 is Live

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

The addition of Terry probably has most North American casuals scratching their heads. SNK isn't nearly as well known of a company as Sony or MS. But in Asia and South America? I guarantee the SNK collaboration just sold a whole bunch of Switches, copies of Smash, and fighter passes.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@Magician Yeah. I know who he is cuz I played some KoF, but wasn’t aware the franchise was that big. But to me it’s still a new character to try out and maybe enjoy. It’s not like there isn’t something for everyone already.
Banjo is fun, I’ve already used him more than I did Hero and Joker. And that music hits me in my nostalgia.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Toy_Link

So I wonder if the next DLC season will be completely third party (like this challenger's pack assuming the fifth character is also third party), completely first party characters or a mix of both.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

link3710

I'm really hoping the newly announced DLC includes Howard and Sword Legion. Astral Chain's been in development more than long enough for it to feasibly be included, and it's gone over as well as Xenoblade did (though not at Splatoon levels of course). I think it'll be all first party since we haven't gotten any first party DLC yet, so ARMS and Astral Chain are natural picks. Sakurai did imply they'd all be new IPs though so... might be just 3rd party still.

link3710

SKTTR

Sounded to me like another 3rd Party Fighters Pass with at least 5 more characters.
That means, Assist Trophies, Spirits, and Costumes are still not eligible.
Poor Chibi-Robo, Saki, Elma, Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, Bomberman, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, and Shadow fans, I feel with you.

Though there's always a chance that Nintendo will drop another 1st party character like Piranha-Plant, or just completely change the rules, but Sakurai did not hint about such a thing. He probably will give some more information when the 5th Fighters Pass character is revealed.

I have a strong feeling that the 5th character from the current Fighters Pass is one from BANDAI NAMCO. This ist the second Smash game they developed, and they still have only PAC-MAN in Smash, whereas Capcom, Konami, and Sega have 3 characters already!

BANDAI NAMCO owns one of the most popular fighting games (Tekken) and one of the best fighting games (Soul Calibur). And they also develop the excellent and popular 'Tales of' JRPG series. Long-time favourite and Wii U costume Lloyd Irving can get an invitation now that the JRPG-behemoth Dragon Quest is out of the way.

So for now, chances got even higher for brandnew 3rd party characters.

My picks:
1. Professor Layton (I love his games and his character. The series has strong ties to Nintendo. Please have him as the LEVEL-5 rep and not Yokai Watch!)
2. Travis Touchdown (Tone him down just a bit and let him in. He just has to crossover with Bayonetta. Dream match!) 10/10
3. Marina Liteyears (Because Treasure reps Saki Amamiya and Isa Jo are out of the equation. Well, I think Mischief Makers is Treasure's best game ever anyway.) 10/10
4. Crono (for many the best RPG ever. I hope it's not too soon for Square Enix's 3rd character. A Mana rep would also be huge!) 10/10
5. DOOM Marine (One of the monumental games that go into history + strong ties and respect to Nintendo since the very beginning.) 10/10

Also, I love Phoenix Wright, and to an extent Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Okami as well, but since Capcom has 3 characters already (and Ken is still pretty new) I wanna let other 3rd partys have a chance to keep up.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

If there's a 2nd pass (rather than DLC just being individual), my guesses would be:

• Master Chief (promo for Halo Infinite)
  • Crash
  • a Tekken character
  • Doomguy
  • Sora (if the Kingdom Hearts franchise comes to Switch)/Crono (if the Kingdom Hearts franchise doesn't come to Switch)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jimez

If Nintendo are feeling generous, perhaps include the new fighers on the existing pass. Doubt they will, and it'll be a nice pass (which i honestly don't mind paying)

Jimez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic