Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 3,448

PikPi

Jesus, the story mode is a bit bloated. For all this content they really should have invested more in actual story to break up the seemingly endless spirit fights. And no, I don't consider it potentially leaking to be a valid or even an excuse that makes sense.

PikPi

SonicMos

I'm new to the smash series. Any tips on who to main?
In fighting games i'm quite defensive, but then i like to let out a good combo.
Thanks

SonicMos

Switch Friend Code: sw-5474-8323-2325

JackEatsSparrows

@SonicMos Link is good at taking a beating to mid damage, and agile enough to string some hits together. His arrows and boomerang and good for forcing a dodge or shield into your Smash hits.
Ganondorf is also a tank again, with longer range on his Smash attacks this time.
Oh or zero suit Samus.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SonicMos

@JackEatsSparrows Thanks my friend said I should play Zero Suit Samus so I'll probably choose her or link since I'm not that into heavyweights.

SonicMos

Switch Friend Code: sw-5474-8323-2325

Ralizah

PikPi wrote:

Jesus, the story mode is a bit bloated.

You say bloated, I say thicc.

But, seriously, I wouldn't mind having a bit more depth in terms of what can be done with the spirits, but Smash is only really good when you're smashing, so I'm glad it's focusing on creative and challenging fights instead of cutscenes and platforming stages.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PikPi

@Ralizah I don't see why it has to be all one or the other. The fights are creative but they all blend together after a while save for the particularly annoying stages like Pauline and 9/18-volt. It's still not as good as subspace in my eyes, because at least the boring platforming was broken up with story to look forward to. This is just boring, at least until you manage to actually get to the bosses.

PikPi

scubydo

Finally unlocked all the fighters!!

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

scubydo

@LinkAtWild what is different in NG+?

Quarth

Wow! I might be alone in this, but Isabelle is a beast! My new favorite!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JaxonH

All characters are now unlocked.

Let the true battle begin!

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, No More Heroes, Diablo 3, Dark Souls
Wii U: Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Delibheel

I'm surprised nobody brought up the boomerang in the Link discussion.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

I think I'm at 40. Finally got Ridley. Spirit Board is a great way to kill time to unlock characters and still get some kind of progress for WoL.

Are any stages unlockable?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

scubydo

@LinkAtWild I still have to do the final battle. But with all characters unlocked I can slow down a bit on WoL

Grumblevolcano

Take advantage of King K. Rool being super overpowered if you want an easier than normal 9.9 Classic completion.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BMO_Advanced

No way... the Paz spirit equips you with a bomb-omb. That's so messed up... for those who haven't played Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and don't plan on doing so: two bombs were unwillingly planted in her in order to kill Big Boss. They tried to remove them and she was being operated in a helicopter, but after the first one was removed the second bomb was about to go off, in order to save Big Boss and the crew she jumped out off the helicopter and exploded. She died...

Also venom snake didn't accept her dead and began to hallucinate that she was still alive.

...Nice reference

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

EvilLucario

@BMO_Advanced That's exactly why I loved World of Light and Spirits in general. Story and cutscenes cannot save bad gameplay (which Subspace was outside of bosses), so instead they decided to make Spirit battles resemble what they came from along with stipulations that fit the characters in question. I got a big majority of references with Spirits, but there are some seriously obscure references that I didn't get because some games were Japan-exclusive like Monolith Soft's Soma Bringer.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JackEatsSparrows

My only complaint with WoL is that some areas don’t allow you to view the world map. On the flip side, I just realized last night that right stick pans the map 😂

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

AlternateButtons

@JackEatsSparrows Yeah I gotta say that's my one big complaint from this mode. Not only can you not zoom out but there are maps late in the game where it's just clutter. An absolute cluster**** of a map that isnt clear where to go and a lot of the paths railroad you to a certain direction to where you cant turn around until you get to the other side.

I almost missed Luigi and Mewtwo because of the asinine layout.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic