Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 4,508

Dogorilla

muna1000 wrote:

Something has quite recently struck me, and is disturbing me unmistakably more than it should:

The Super Mario Bros.2 arrange is called 'Mushroom Kingdom 2', yet SMB2 isn't set in the Mushroom Kingdom, it happens in Subcon.

On subject, I got 9.9 with King K.Rool. Not my most loved character to utilize, just appears to be especially helpful for Classic mode.

W... what?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Euler

They're self-entitled whiners. Items are as much part of the game as special moves, and they can hold their own tournament if they don't like the way Nintendo does it.

Euler

Arbor

does anybody have any tips for getting used to different fighter? this is my first smash bros game ever and i started with kirby because he was the only fighter in world of light, and i’ve actually beaten world of light with him, but i can’t seem to get used to any other fighters. i can beat many legends with kirby but i have trouble beating even some novices with other fighters. i know there’s the training mode, but anything else?
edit: i have not beat world of light, i’m up to the very final battle, you know the one where you get three fighters. i go as far as i can with kirby but i always die and then it’s hopeless cause he’s the only fighter i can use :/

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

HobbitGamer

@Arbor Play Classic mode with different characters

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Elvie

@Euler I can understand the more competitive crowd since I usually play with rule sets like that but if Nintendo is going to use items, why won't they go all out with things like Spirits and Stage Morphing?

I guess like playing games of extremes where I play highly serious or highly casual. Nintendo is in the middle by having items on low which gives me the impression that they are trying to cater to both sides and I'm not sure that will work well.

But if that's how Nintendo wants it, I guess there's no point complaining about it. Either adapt to the rule set or make a formal request.

Edited on by Elvie

Elvie

Euler

@Elvie Who’s to say they won’t have different rulesets (spirits, stage morphs, whatever that elimination roster thing is called) in the future? The Nintendo World Championships feature all kinds of games, both retro and modern, and they’re different every year. You have to be on your toes and ready for anything if you want to win. Yet John Numbers made it to the finals two years in a row because he was so versatile.

Euler

Toy_Link

@Elvie They do have a point, we should get rid of all randomness in Smash Bros. Let’s ban Peach and Mr G&W due to their side and down special ‘s effectiveness completely depending on random odds! /s

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Elvie

@Mrtoad Under conditions like that, I would have to abandon all hope of playing Smash professionally because I main with Mr. Game & Watch.

Elvie

Joeynator3000

18-Volt was infuriating, even after having plenty of maxed out legend spirits. I still say the AI needs fixing, especially when fighting multiple CPUs. Even with team battles enabled and on level 2, I notice they are very viscous against human players. My CPU team were just...being level 2 CPUs, while the opponents were all going level 9 on me. And of course I lose all of my lives, they go back to being level 2s and the battle seems very tame and slow compared to when they were targeting me. -.-

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Euler

Don't remember exactly how I did it, but an Assist Trophy killer spirit (such as, well, the Sheriff) will make short work of the Sheriff Assist trophy. Take him out first.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

LadyCharlie

@Euler what is the "classic ticket trick"

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Elvie

Understandably, there has been people criticizing Ultimate for having a traditional, ranked leaderboard in favor of G.S.P.. I get that this is inconvenient but if people want a leaderboard, couldn't they just go online, set up one, and update it every week or so?

Elvie

Lolimon

After having played this game a lot, I do believe jumps have too much importance. Like, everything you do is centered around small jumps. The ground game is lacking. I often find myself playing against swordfighters, and the only thing they ever do is to jump around constantly using nair or similar. Then you have to have patience and wait for the right moment to counter through their pattern. I think it's a very boring way to play, but maybe that's just me.

Lolimon

Namco

@Lolimon Players in Ultimate do jump a lot, especially sword fighters like Ike, Cloud and Shulk. You have to learn how to deal with it and when you do, you will gain the advantage. Players who think they can win by hopping around are just plain predictable. Certain characters can very easily counter their aerial game. My favourite counter is to use Mii Swordfighter and launch tornados in the air. You can also surprise them by releasing a charged shot in the air. Some characters with powerful up-smashes like Ganondorfs can also make it hard for them to approach you.

I agree that it's a boring way to play, but I'd argue that any strategy that involves only a few moves is boring. It's their loss really because all of those strategies have a counter.

I reached Elite with Samus and Dark Samus this week. I stopped using Samus in a linear way like the majority does. Projectiles are a powerful tool in the air. You don't follow up a grounded projectile with another grounded projectile. The opponent has reached you before you know it just by hopping over them. Always try to put pressure in the air as well.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

HobbitGamer

@ALinkToMyProfile How’d you like the subtle differences between the two? I’ve found myself preferring Dark Samus due to its ‘floaty’ feel.

I’ve not really gotten the impression that the air game is overused. It could be due to the fighters and play style I have, but I’ve never come across folks that persist in relying on air alone. At least not after they lose a stock because they’re trying to beat my anti-air

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Namco

@AlohaPizzaJack I prefer Samus. The floatiness in addition to the slightly larger hurtbox makes Dark Samus vulnerable to a few more combos. Samus going into the morph ball when rolling also makes you harder to hit for a brief moment. Although Samus reacts 3 frames slower after a backroll, I don't feel like this is an issue. Down smash comes out super fast and works excellent against opponents who rush in on the ground.

However Dark Samus has her pros as well and I use her for certain matchups. Dark Samus's attacks are electric instead of fire. This prevents her from instantly blowing bombs up with her attacks. Useful against Link and Snake! Also Dark Samus looks cooler...

Edited on by Namco

Namco

When I see a PK fire spammer, I think by myself: I despise everything you aspire to be. I had the pleasure of fighting against two Ness at the same time, both with two lives left. They killed my partner and thought they had an easy win, one of them even dared to crouch taunt. So I decided to release all my Ness hate and made a comeback:

https://streamable.com/985vm

I also made a similar comeback with King K. Rool against two Ganondorfs:

https://streamable.com/042fx

Never give up guys!

EvilLucario

Stage Builder is confirmed for 3.0 of Smash Ultimate!

Look closely at 0:02 at the bottom right corner.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic