Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,742

bixente

I started playing earlier today, Mario is my guy. I'm almost a total beginner. I played a little of the original N64 game, but that's all. Naturally I'm struggling but still having fun with it. Mario's uppercut is a fantastic move.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous. Better than I expected, really.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

link3710

@AlternateButtons Well, I finally finished playing through Classic the last few times to unlock the final characters. My total losses to character unlocks were 3:
1. Died to the summoning thing on the FF stage that showed up. Had no idea that was a thing (didn't get the Smash 4 DLC)
2. Accidentally started with Inciniroar after never having played him (exiting from WoL after changing character) and dived off the edge with his up B.
3. Actually got beat up by Wolf as one of my normal characters.

But yeah, I didn't find them that hard? They were actually challenging occasionally at least, I didn't feel like it was instant wins for unlocks like usual. I unlocked about 10-20 through WoL near the start before I took a break there, got the final ~20 in a row through Classic mode (going off of how many little shield things I have on that page). Unlocked the middle set through mostly Spirit Board + normal brawls + Mob Smash.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Here's some NG+ info for those wanting to try it out:

• Seems identical to the base WoL but you have access to all the fighters, adventure skills and activities you had before you started NG+.
  • You can save your NG+ file in a separate slot (you don't have to overwrite your old file).
  • Think of NG+ as a way to get the all Adventure Skills challenge completed if you don't want to use a hammer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

...Okay yeah, I really hope Sakurai fixes this, I had like...a super long 4 vs. 4 fight, one of my chaotic battles and all that. Pit decided to target me with final smash...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I was constantly running out of my last life towards the end because he kept going after me no matter what. What's the deal with the CPUs and reticule Final Smashes? Zero Suit Samus is the same way and so is Bowser, makes me not want to fight against them with Finals because of this. Puts me in a crappy mood, they were only level 4s, too.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Quarth

Young Link just joined my roster. Seems to be a great character to use, at least for me.

And Pikachu is truly great in this game. And I think Ness and Lucas are pretty great too.

But I’m far from unlocking all the characters. Just missed out on the Wii Fit Trainer.

Oh! And I like Bowser!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Paraka

So enjoying Spirit Board more than I do WoL, it's basically a Pick-n-choose your challenges. And read up on that "event" for getting extra gold for fighting spirits with glasses on, got me thinking.

Do you think they'll hold events similar to this to add more spirits? Seems like an open-ended system that there isn't much of an effort to make more for the sake of having some more single player content to do in the midst of things.

Paraka

MysticGengar

Thanks for all yoru answers guys! Food to here most of you have settled down with some awesome mains.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

PikPi

That was an extremely irritating fight. I'm almost certain one of my spirits were Assist Killer and I butt smashed it once with bowser to get rid of it. After that it was still annoying, but not nearly as much

PikPi

RedderRugfish

Is there a way to make Guile's theme play on every stage?

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

bixente

I think you can only have tracks play on courses that strictly relate to the series in question. So Guile's theme could only be played on the Street Fighter themed stage.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

AlternateButtons

I dont want to jinx anything but SO FAR the only Spirit battle to give me a headache was Pauline. That one was awful. Wily was also pretty annoying but Fox can cheese Stamina battles pretty well. Other than that? I haven't been having much trouble with World of Light. I just uncovered the second half portions of the map (The areas after you get rid of the Light shield and cross the bridge.) Here's hoping my good luck continues!

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

EvilLucario

@subpopz Damn, I had way more trouble with Dr. Wily than 9-Volt. I had to come back with better Spirits for him since I didn't think to use Ness/Lucas, while 9-Volt went down when I already had the right Spirits to kill Sheriff instantly.

In fact 9-Volt being one of the "harder ones" surprised me because I took him down fairly easily.

@bixente The joke is that Guile's theme goes with everything. The guy wasn't being serious.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Has anyone tried to see if this game has a Black Hole glitch yet? I miss those, they were fun. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

link3710

@subpopz Hilariously, one of the best spirits to use against the Sheriff is the Sheriff. Luckily, there are a few other spirits with the same ability. But yeah, I struggled way more against Wily, he's one of only two Spirits I came back to clear later (the other being Geno... who is still uncleared)

link3710

Cynas

AlternateButtons wrote:

I dont want to jinx anything but SO FAR the only Spirit battle to give me a headache was Pauline. That one was awful. Wily was also pretty annoying but Fox can cheese Stamina battles pretty well. Other than that? I haven't been having much trouble with World of Light. I just uncovered the second half portions of the map (The areas after you get rid of the Light shield and cross the bridge.) Here's hoping my good luck continues!

That Pauline battle was so frustrating. Trying to catch up with Peach on that stage while also dealing with Mario and DK within the time limit was annoying. I got lucky on one of my attempts where Peach somehow killed herself.

I've done about 300 of the spirit battles in World of Light and so far the only other one I had troubles with was the Funky Kong fight. The enemies could aim the Bullet Bills perfectly and I never had the opportunity to dodge or get a Bullet Bill of my own because of it being 3 vs 1. Managed to beat it but it was a huge pain.

I do loathe going into fights that have the Galaga or Beetle items, though. I haven't had too hard of a time with them so far but that might change with later fights.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

link3710

@Cynas I totally cheesed the Funky Kong fight by equipping a Franklin Badge Spirit (Anna I think) and... well you can imagine how fast they died.

@subpopz Pffft well, poor timing I guess? But hey, at least you beat it.

link3710

AlternateButtons

@Cynas That's basically how I won. I got lucky and Peach misjudged a jump. They just HAD to make the challenge on 75m didnt they? Literally the worst stage ever made and its zoomed out, has a time limit, CPU's can grab the slow down timers and it just isn't fun to play.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

HobbitGamer

Yeah, I haven’t passed that Pauline one yet haha. I’m still having so much fun. I like just popping into the spirit board, too.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

Agreed, Pauline was a load of crap. That wasn't really a fun battle at all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic