Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 3,599

AlohaPizzaJack

Why wouldn’t they? I’ve still not had any issues online, though. I’ve played at a coffee shop, hospital, my house, friend’s house.
I’m fortunate I suppose, because I’m just not seeing it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

jarvismp

It’s so bad.

baldspur
SW 7900 0401 0051

SilentHunter382

I am being a complete noob here but when I do the Spirit Board option it automatically selects Kirby and my starting spirit. Is there any way for me to change this or am I stuck with playing with kirby and the starting spirit, if there is I see no way in changing it or else I am blind?

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

Ralizah

I've had a few laggy matches, but most of them have been pretty stable.

Ralizah

subpopz

Same here, almost all of mine have been perfectly fine. I've had one or two laggy matches out of hundreds.

Switch - Tetris 99, Portal Knights, Owl Boy
3DS -
PC - Guild Wars 2

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Paraka

@PikPi @jarvismp - Not sure your location, but I have had more issues with Paladins and Splatoon than I have with Smash. One really poor connection from someone in Indonesia.

Paraka

jarvismp

Cheers folks.

baldspur
SW 7900 0401 0051

ReaderRagfish

My online matches are usually on par with offline. Occasionally it's a bit laggy (especially with 4 players who don't have great connections) but it's far from broken and unplayable.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

AlohaPizzaJack

@SilentHunter382 Before you fight the spirit you select, the “Party” option is above “Fight”. That’s where you can change fighter and spirits 😀

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SilentHunter382

@HobbitGamer Oh man. I was looking everywhere else bar there. I should have noticed that when I was selecting the spirit I wanted to fight. Cheers.

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

Lemmy_the_Koopa

... and I can confirm I unlocked every character. Again thank you for the help... everyone!

Lemmy_the_Koopa

MsJubilee

Can anyone tell me what is the point of having your own preferred rules if Nintendo is gonna disregard that and just put in a free for all with items on? I can accept the lag, but this is unacceptable.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ReaderRagfish

@MsJubilee What are your preferred rules set to? Usually the worst that happens to mine is that it'll sometimes pick battlefield if my preferred rules are set to final destination.

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

AlohaPizzaJack

@MsJubilee If it can't find anyone matching your preferred ruleset, it goes to default.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

EvilLucario

I do hope that there are updates to make individual rules weigh more or less depending on what you want. For example, you may not want to compromise 1-1, no items, and stock battles, but you don't care about the number of stocks and if it's Battlefield or FD. Or vice versa if you really care about stages and stock count but don't mind having items on.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@ReaderRagfish 1v1, 2 stock with an omega stage and no items. I refuse to believe Nintendo can't connect me to someone with those preferred rules, when Smash 4 had a mode that used those exact rules.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ReaderRagfish

@EvilLucario That'd be pretty neat. I'd also like to have it so you can set more than one preference. I enjoy 1 on 1 with no items on Final Destination, but I also enjoy 4 players with items on on Pokefloats (which is unfortunately not in this game).

@MsJubilee Weird, I use those rules too sometimes and have never seen any items or 4 player matches with them. Again, the worst that happens to me is battlefield instead of final destination.

Edited on by ReaderRagfish

MysticGengar

So, who is everybody maining right now? I'm maining Incineroar.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

ReaderRagfish

@MysticGengar Fish Stick, aka Mii Swordfighter. It literally started as a joke, but then he ended up being my best character by far.

EvilLucario

@MysticGengar Surprisingly, Link was my main during World of Light. He's just really good in this game, with the perfect balance of speed and power. Except his dash attack, that dash attack is slow as balls.

Ganondorf has received some extremely major buffs since Smash 4 (one of my two mains in Smash 4). His forward-smash has Ike's forward-smash range (meaning it hits like a truck), he's way faster overall, the new air dodging mechanic really improves his recovery, and he can do like 30% damage with uncharged smash attacks! His tilts are monsters too.

Needless to say, Ganondorf has been given some much needed buffs in this game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic