Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 3,646

HobbitGamer

@gerudochampion I redeemed my points for the physical on the 7th, just got the email today.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

Remember when I was having a nightmare of a time fighting the hoard of Yoshis? I tried a bunch of fighters and got nowhere? So I went int there with Mii Swordfighter and the up special ohko'd them one after another...there wasn't even a challenge....what the heck?

I've been trying to play all the fighters as I unlock them. Mii got me through that impossible battle as though it wasn't challenging, but in general, I've always been a Yoshi main but I'm finding a bunch of new mains this time. Yoshi, Pikachu, Kirby, Lucario all seem to work well for me. I'm also starting to love inkling. The roller, the ink refill, the splat bombs....actual Splatoon strategy has to be used...that's awesome! I don't suck with villager anymore (though the down special really kind of sucks)....mostly I seem to main furries. Link is ok in a pinch.....I can't quite get a handle on Sheik.

I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to use Jigglypuff. I really lean heavily on the tilt specials. Jigglypuffs are "sing" and "fall asleep on the battlefield'.....huh? Never tried her before....probably never will again.

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Rest requires you to be right up against the opponent. Does decent damage and high knockback.

There's a reason many used Jigglypuff to beat Event 51 in Melee.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

ReaderRagfish

I still haven't gotten my email.

I'm online if anyone wants to play.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

LetsGoSwitch

OK I was playing at my friend's house today and the LV 9 CPU (of Lucina and Lucina(sorry erm that clone of it)) jumped of Battlefield on a 1 stock match against me (A pichu, YES we were that stupid). Just tell me what happened plz, my friend is FREAKING OUT

LetsGoSwitch

LuigiTheGreenFire

HobbitGamer wrote:

@gerudochampion I redeemed my points for the physical on the 7th, just got the email today.

Mine just came today too. For a lot of people, it takes a few days.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

EvilLucario

World of Light completed! 25 hours, playing on Hard difficulty, and 100% completion. Damn was that awesome, and the finale is something you should absolutely NOT miss. I was on the edge of my seat with it.

Do not sleep on World of Light guys. This is way better than Adventure Mode from Melee and Subspace from Brawl.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario How....just how are you guys doing this in 25 hours?! I've spent probably 15+ on it and I've revealed, maybe, 1/3 (if that) of the map! And it's not that I'm losing most battles I have spent a long time endlessly retrying a few, but I'm winning the majority. I don't think I could go much faster, it's not much of a "git gud" thing if I'm winning, that's just the time it takes I mean, yeah, I'm admiring the little easter eggs on the map, but still....

NEStalgia

Morpheel

Gosh I FINALLY got my preorder

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AlternateButtons

@EvilLucario Better than Brawl eh? Those are gonna be some pretty big shoes to fill for me. SSE is my favorite mode in the entire Smash series. I'm maybe a quarter through World of Light and it IS a blast playing all these battles. I'm trying to go for 100% personally. I'm keeping my expectations in check for the ending but this is assuring to hear!

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Grumblevolcano

The most annoying spirit battle for me so far would have to be Guile, most of the Street Fighter stuff is ridiculous but that specific battle in particular was complete BS. Is his AI that annoying in the Street Fighter games?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Delibheel YES! How's Sweatin' to the Oldies Featuring Richard Simmons? Was it worth the wait?

@AlternateButtons At least you're the only other SSE superfan here I'm loving WoL...but I'm not sure anything replaces SSE for me. The themed Metroid and DK areas were just a blast to me.

@Grumblevolcano "His Guile's AI that annoying in SF?"
Yes. Yes it is. Eff Guile. In every game.

NEStalgia

Morpheel

@NEStalgia I’m currently in setup mode. Haven’t actually played the real game yet. Also I’m pleased to inform it’s not a movie.

My starter spirit was Zant. What did you guys get upon launching the game?

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsurii

Aww man, dude...
I'm trying to beat Richter's Classic on the highest difficulty and almost did it just now. Slept on Dracula having two forms in Richter's game/s (does SotN count for him? 😛) and got surprised that they recreated that for Smash. Stupid as hell on my part, died, too stubborn to lose my rank so I spent a ticket and "only" finished on 9.8 😔

I'm having an absolute blast with how varied, and often outright unique, a bunch of these classic modes feel tho. I wouldn't be surprised, if this alone took a lot of time to design at all. It's great. And it's stupid fun to me to try and go with the hardest settings because I feel like the way they picked enemies and stages actually helps you get better with a character. I can basically smell myself getting better and better with Richter every run.

I seriously doubt it'll help much against the hardcore, borderline no-lifers who breath Smash tho 😂

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia To be fair I just blaze through most games I play lol. In general I beat games much quicker than averaged estimates. The only game in recent memory where I didn't beat a game quicker than average was Samus Returns, which took me 10 hours to 100% just like a lot of other people I knew.

@Tsurii I first thought of Castlevania 1 with Dracula's second form, not Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night/Dawn of Sorrow. Most people attribute Dracula's beast form to those games, but I always first saw that in Castlevania 1, since that was my first ever Castlevania game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tsurii

@EvilLucario ahh, I didn't know that. My castlevania exposure basically starts and ends with RoB and the Metroidvanias. Well, a few of the Metroidvanias lol
Think I started Order of Eclisia and only finished Rondo, SotN and Dawn of Sorrow (the first one with Soma? On the GBA). TIL, I guess

The fight in Smash is super fun tho. I said it already but everything I've seen in Classic Mode so far feels so carefully picked and put-together it's amazing. I was sooo sceptical of Ultimate when it got announced and up until they revealed World of Light and ever since my joy with the game just exploded and keeps growing.

I've always enjoyed Smash really casually but Sakurai and his team outdid themselves this go around big time.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

NEStalgia

@Delibheel Aww, but Sweatin' to the Oldies is such a classic. Shame.

I got Rabbid Mario as my starter...that's a fun one to get!

NEStalgia

Morpheel

@Tsurii haha, and here I was disappointed thinking everyone had figured it out quickly. 😆

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic