Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 4,508

electrolite77

Bloody hell this is good. Last Smash i got into was Melee but this is really addictive. No idea why this is grabbing me where others failed but it is. Quite the looker too.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Well in general, this is probably the second easiest Classic Mode in the series (easiest being Smash 4 on 3DS). While it's dumb that you can't get KOed at all without needing a continue, there is a silver lining to stuff: enemies are very easy to knockout compared to normal Smash, doubly true for Ganondorf, you can still use a Classic Ticket on the final boss if you got to 9.9 (you can't use a ticket on the boss to get to 9.9 if you're below though), and Ganondorf can make short work of pretty much anything.

If you're still struggling though, you might want to try Link. Despite Ganondorf being my main and getting 9.9 with him, I have higher GSP with Link than Ganondorf and also got him to 9.9.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons The one caveat to my "this is the second easiest Classic Mode" I guess is that Master & Crazy Hand has been made MUCH harder. I die against them very often, at least with characters I suck with. Link doesn't fight them though, he fights Ganon instead in his Classic Mode. If you're really struggling with the Hands, try Link instead since Ganon (imo) is much easier to dodge.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Hm, Idk dude. With Ganondorf I could KO things extremely easily. Then again, he IS my main, so maybe I just know how to wrack up more damage and how to really get the most out of him.

For some advice for using him though, neutral air is one of Ganondorf's best attacks. Very good frame data, it can very well wrack up a ton of damage. Then you can follow it up with side-B -> down-tilt for an easy 30% damage per use. And if they come back at you again, you can just side-B again and do another down-tilt and they would probably be at 50%.

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons With King K. Rool, you're fighting heavy characters and there's cheap stage victories you can do like vs. Ganondorf it's on the normal Bridge of Eldin stage so you can run and belly flop your way to victory without Ganondorf landing a single attack. Also King K. Rool's final boss is Galleom which is easier than the hands.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Euler

I managed to beat it on 9.9 with King K. Rool, Kirby, and the first member of the DK Crew (first try for all of them). The two hands together are the toughest Classic mode boss IMO, but you at least get help fighting them if you use either Kong.

Euler

EvilLucario

@SonicMos You can't use Spirits in Classic Mode. This isn't Smash 4 where custom fighters make you VERY weak in one area. Spirits just make you an outright god.

If you really want to break things though, Little Mac with Giga Mac as your primary and then having Victini and Great Zapfish as support lets you hit extremely hard on every boss right from the start. Giga Mac's innate fist attack+ as well as being a Punch-Out!! Spirit (meaning your power is increased by roughly 10%, yes that's a thing) makes everything you do a very swift and easy win.

Bonus points if you train Giga Mac in the dojo that increases offense at the cost of defense. Congratulations, you just snapped World of Light in two.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Ralizah

I've only managed to end Classic Mode with 9.5 so far. That was with Rosalina.

The two hands make for a really brutal boss encounter.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LadyCharlie

@Tsurii @Ralizah
how do you get the difficulty to reach 9.9? my record is 9.4.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Ralizah

@CharlieSmile The meter seems to go higher if you perform especially well in matches, such as smashing enemies quickly, or completing matches while taking little to no damage. You can obtain gains of at least as much as 0.9 in one match. So, do that a time or two, don't get knocked out (or use a classic ticket, if you have to), and it shouldn't be too difficult to reach 9.9.

(I say, having not actually reached it yet )

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

I think I’ve had one jump 1.3 before. But I could be nuts. I’ve gotten quite a few “Perfect!” marks, and those jump way up. I’ve only done a 9.9 with Ganondorf, and the last fight before the Race/Hands got me from 9.4 to 9.9.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Benjoo

Hey All,

I played the life out of smash 64 back in the day and never really given the newer versions a chance until ultimate. After playing around with it and learning the mechanics of the game I've come to the conclusion of a few things.

I enjoy the online more so than WoL. And I only play 1v1 no items.

I find WoL quite overwhelming in terms of what spirits do and builds etc, not really much thought goes into to it. Heck most of my time I'm just auto selecting my team.

I really dislike the amount of items in this game.

So my question is. Is there anything you guys might think I am missing with regards to getting more out this game?

Thanks.

Benjoo

jump

This is maddening! I'm on 99.83% completion on World of Light and I've backed tracked across the entire world multiple times now and can't find anymore spirits.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@jump Have you gotten all 3 endings? If not, that's where the rest of the completion is.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@jump There's a glitch in one of the areas that marks it as cleared even if you missed a spirit there. I think it might be the one in the top left corner in WoL, the temple.

link3710

Euler

@Benjoo World of Light is a lot more fun (and easier) if you pick your own team rather than using auto-select, which tends to be pretty random and useless. Try to train at least one primary spirit of each type (grab/attack/defend/neutral) to level-99 (especially high-rank spirits and spirits that say "enhanceable" on them). Also look at your skill tree and try to figure out what would be most useful (double final smash and fast-charging final-smash meter are good ones to work toward when you're starting out). As you progress you'll unlock a gym for training spirits as well as expeditions where the spirits can search for useful items (as well as increase their levels).

It's a lot to take in at first, and it's hard to give specific advice without looking at individual battles, but it's quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it. It kind of reminds me of Pokemon, in that you have to level-up/battle/capture/evolve your various spirits.

Euler

LadyCharlie

what are some good general tips for a Kirby main?
I'm pretty good playing friendly matches and playing online, but I keep getting my butt handed to me at tournaments.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii There's 4 fighters in the final area, 2 are visible from the start and 2 are revealed when you complete certain battles in that area.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Venus_Adept

Im using the mekkon spirit of xc that become the fighter big and metallic , only have 1 slot and i put in there the ugly palutena that increase the time of transformations. After use this combo one time the game automatically shows the credits because it know you are unable to lose.😎

Venus_Adept

HobbitGamer

@Venus_Adept does the transformation time indeed stack on the ‘start metal’ and ‘start giant’ stuff? I wondered, but never tried

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic