Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 4,508

TOUGHDUDE94

@Grumblevolcano pac man stage 3ds is better than pac land stage

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

Yeah we all know we want monster Hunter rep I mean Hunter with male and female formes

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Heavyarms55

Hey, I saw that a bunch of the new Smash Bros amiibo on Amazon Japan are listed as coming out on December 31st 2019. Is that a mistake on Amazon's part? Or maybe just a placeholder date? Any of you die-hard Smash fans know what's up with that?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 Placeholder, the only Smash Ultimate amiibo with specific release dates are the 3 that already released (Wolf, Inkling, Ridley) and the February 15th batch (Piranha Plant, King K. Rool, Ice Climbers). The rest was either given a 2019 release date (Isabelle, Pichu, Ken, Young Link, Daisy) or no release date at all.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano oh. That makes much more sense. Thanks!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

Pffft gas. My job pays my bills. Bonuses are always for video games lol. They might as well give us folk on here gift cards to eShops or Amazon. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Madnessman

Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place, I couldn't find a better one and I didn't think it worthy to make a new topic out of
I'm new to smash, so I decided to get Ultimate on launch day, and i've practically been on it non stop since. But I suuuuuck. I've tried everything. I'v spent around 8 hours in training mode locking down my combos for both R.O.B and Pichu/Pikachu (My three mains). Whenever I decide it would be fun to go online however, I get my ass handed to me by everyone I play. I went from around 100,000 GSP to now only 10,000, and I don't think I can take many more losses before I rage quit. I've played 200 matches online, and many more offline. I know what all of my attacks are, how to hit them, how to chain them into solid combos, and how to edge guard. When I get into the match though, my sense of what do do completely vanishes, and I end up just spamming smash attacks as my opponent beats me up. I can land some solid attacks when the clouds in my brain part for a few seconds, but then I get nervous and start spamming a single move until I land it, leading to a lot of punish options for my opponent.
In short, I need help. I've watched every guide I can, but I just can't seem to fit it through my skull.
Anything at all would be helpful, and thanks for reading.

Just joined - might be a while before i think of something to put here lol

HobbitGamer

@Madnessman I’ll suggest two things. Try not to remember your moves when you play. It sounds like you’re causing yourself stress and over thinking it all. Don’t try and emulate other players and what they do, just find your own groove.
Secondly, don’t worry too much about GSP. Mine has gone wilder than the stock market sometimes. GSP is basically your spot on the entire leaderboard. So say that you’re at 1000, but so are 200 other people. If you lose a match and they have NO change, your GSP is now like 800. So don’t put too much into that number unless you’re super competitive.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Namco

@Madnessman Here are some suggestions: Don't try to be a pro from the start, those videos that show you how to combo frame by frame ain't for starters. Don't worry now, you only need experience to get better. Do some other stuff before entering the online scene, for example: finish some adventures with 9.9 difficulty or fight every character on the roster as a lvl 9 CPU. When you do go online focus on reading your opponent and try to break their pattern. I guess your mistake was to focus mainly on your own pattern and how to combo, but smash is not just about reaction time and pushing the right buttons. It's about intercepting your opponent, so you have to know when to defend and when to attack. This is something you'll get better at the more you do it.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Grumblevolcano

I'm at the point where there's only 4 spirits I can't beat: Queen Metroid, Paula, Wind Fish and Baby Bowser

Though what's really annoying is I skipped the Federation Force Mech spirit around Ultimate's launch and it hasn't appeared since. It is what's stopping me from getting all the Xenoblade spirits.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Xyphon22

I bought this at the end of December as my final purchase before my Best Buy GCU expired, and finally played it for the first time today. I was always fairly good at Smash, but skipped the Wii U/3DS versions. I played one quick match against a level 3 CPU and got my butt handed to me. I think I'm going to have to spend some considerable time in the help menus re-learning how to play Smash.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Grumblevolcano

So I realized that a load of spirits are exclusive to the World of Light shops. What's the fastest way of getting SP?

Grumblevolcano

GeoChrome

Grinding Spirit Board.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

GyroZeppeli wrote:

Grinding Spirit Board.

Also sending folks on the expedition that gives SP. it’s not tons, but it’s no effort on your part

#MudStrongs

GeoChrome

True, but that can take hours.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

Haha, yeah, I meant that in addition to other tactics. I know fighting spirits with underpowered or no primary/secondary will net you more SP

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

I have been playing spirit board a lot but because I was using powerful spirits I got no rewards outside of the spirit except from Ace and Legend battles.

But yeah, I sent some spirits on the expeditions and faced easier spirits with using no spirits and ended up with plenty of SP.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Franklin Jigglypuff using rest very well but since the comment I beat it because Jigglypuff KO'd itself when using rollout. Only Baby Bowser left and even then, I beat him once but didn't get the spirit.

Grumblevolcano

gcunit

Sorry if asked before, but I can't find confirmation: there doesn't appear to be the function to allow you to save replays of spirit board/adventure matches. Am I missing something?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic