Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 3,735

EvilLucario

@BeetonTheRobot Release-day level 9 CPUs in Smash 3DS were a damn joke. They were so easily exploitable and you could very easily meteor smash them every time you launched them off the arena. They did eventually patch CPUs to be much better and right out of the gate, Smash Wii U's CPUs were good, but man release-day of level 9 CPUs was not good.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ALinkToMyProfile

Hmm I still think level 9 CPU's are too exploitable, I kinda always know where to position myself for cheap K.O.'s. The only CPU's I find difficult are well trained level 50 amiibo's with abilities. It's a shame you have to overwrite your amiibo data to use them in Ultimate. Some of my trained Amiibo from Wii U are just too good and I doubt they will turn out better in Ultimate.

Some spirit battles are pretty hard (or extremely annoying if you prefer) So here's a question:
what was your hardest spirit battle so far?

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

EvilLucario

@BMO_Advanced The Boss. It locks you out of 1-2 Spirits because you need to have anti-poison floor Spirits, and Zero Suit Samus is extremely aggressive and hits like a truck. By and far that one Spirit that gave me a ton of trouble.

Trying to beat her is like trying to defeat her with CQC in the actual MGS3. It's just hard for me.

Granted, I am playing on Hard so that colors a lot of my perception of the fights, but still.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano 100? Yikes, how do you people do this this fast? Granted I haven't put 30 hours in, but probably a good 15+ and I'm maybe 1/5 at best into the map. Trying and failing Cap'n alone for like an hour and a half didn't help.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Lemmy_the_Koopa @EvilLucario Yeah that Yoshi battle is one of my problem battles too. So far it's the Yoshis, the Iggy battle in high winds for Cap'n, and Shulk & Lucina that are giving me a really hard time. All of them 3 star spirits (I did beat a few 3 stars.) I may not have the right spirits but it's frustrating when you don't know what spirits you need, or when you'll get them (and I HATE leaving an unfinished battle on the map when I go elsewhere....) Some of it is the fighter choice, but that Yoshi battle, I've tried Link and Falcon which seem good choices compared to Kirby and Pikachu, and I can do ok, but inevitably I still get launched out. I haven't tried easy yet, but I'm not sure (from playing someone elses momentarily) easy seems much easier.... Some of these battles are, truthfully, obnoxious. Even on normal (can't imagine hard.)

NEStalgia

ALinkToMyProfile

@EvilLucario Haha the Boss was pretty much the reason I asked that question. The boss made me seriously doubt my skills. Fought her like 25 times before I got very lucky edge guarding her off the stage.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

zool

Having never played Smash, I only play single player games, and so I'm not interested in Ultimate and I was not going to get this game. Then I seemed to get caught up in the hype. Commercials, and you tube reviews and I thought I'll give it a go, because it has a large 30 plus hour single player mode.

But some reviews have said that the single player adventure is 'repetitive' and the least best part of the game.

Has anyone finished World of Light, is it repetitive?

Edited on by zool

zool

link3710

@zool It's probably the least repetitive single player mode in the history of the series, short of Subspace. They do a lot of work to make sure they vary the battles about as much as possible while still keeping it Smash. That said, it's a fighting game. If you have to fight 300 (or maybe more, IDEK yet) fights, there's gonna be some repetition. But you also have about 70 characters to choose from, on top of all the various crazy types of events they do to keep things spruced up. I'm nearing the end and planning to do the new game + cause I want more, so it depends on the person I suppose.

link3710

NEStalgia

@zool I haven't finished it but "repetitive" is kind of subjective. It's a game about fighting battles in arena-like platforming stages. World of Light is a big map used to get to various battles stages using the same hundred or so battle stages, featuring the same 70 or so opponents. You may see Lucina a few times, or Guar Plains a few times but with different combos of enemies, hazard conditions, etc. etc. It's a fighting game (more or less) so whatever repetition goes with a fighting/brawler/action combat game applies here. Bayonetta is repetitive. If you're familiar with Bayo that can gauge your tolerance to combat based repetition.

World of Light is lots of fun IMO in as far as you can make a "large world game" out of a fighting game without it using custom linear platform stages like Brawl's Subspace Emissary did. There's also Classic mode. Each character (there's 70-some) gets their own custom set of 5 or 6 matches themed for their character (EG. Yoshi's set is against all dinosaurs (Ridley, Charizard, Bulbasaur, etc), features Yoshi themed music, then there's a platforming bonus stage (same for all characters), then a (a few bosses shared between a bunch of characters.) But that particular mini-campaign combination is unique to each figher. So for single player you have the whole World of Light map with all the fight matches in there, and then you have 70 mini 6-fight campaigns for each character. There's redundancy there, but the combination of stage/music/enemy(s)/hazards are generally unique.

If you dislike fighting games in general, you may not like Smash (though it's different.) If you like fighting games you may like Smash (but also may not, because, it's different.)

NEStalgia

Knuckles-Fajita

Im gonna say, just a little bit of the map left to reveal in World of Light and I can already tell...

There is another entire map isn't there? I havent found even half of the roster yet.

My biggest fear was that this Adventure mode would do the same thing wrong that Subspace did, and it does.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Beedrill4Smash

@EvilLucario @BMO_Advanced
The Boss was a devil. Although I was playing on normal, I didn't use a spirit for the sticky floor for whatever reason.

For me, Ho oh was the spirit who has given me the most trouble. Ho oh isn't the hardest, but I got so annoyed by its constant curry flame that stopped trying altogether.

Beedrill4Smash

Ralizah

@Beedrill4Smash I probably fought Curry Charizard 30 times or so before I figured out a way to beat it. Ugh.

Ralizah

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@NEStalgia I know what you are talking about "not wanting to leave something behind". On the other hand, I am tired of seeing my zoomed in characters face, pressed firmly against the screen... ;___;

Lemmy_the_Koopa

dkxcalibur

I've been taking advantage of using the Switch as a MP3 player to listen to the music in Smash for the last 2 hours. It's an awesome feature that when it was announced, I thought I would never use it. I was wrong.

A co-worker walked in my office and said, "is that the Switch? Are you playing video games?" I responded, "yes it's a Switch. No I'm LISTENING to video games."

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

AlternateButtons

I got a bunch of Smash headcanons. Here they are in no particular order

CRACKS KNUCKLES

-Bowser Jr and Inkling Girl are best friends due to their love of paint. Bowser Jr has a crush on Inkling girl. Inkling Girl is too sweet and naive to notice

-Marth took up Rosetta Stone to learn English. He learned it perfectly in a day. He tried to teach Cloud but he was not interested.

-There's a love triangle between Captain Falcon, Samus and Little Mac. Snake thinks she's hot but prefers to be alone. Mega Man also has a crush on Samus, believing shes a Robot.

-Literally everyone loves Isabelle and everyone feels guilty about beating her up. Even Ridley. But Isabelle insists on being tough and believes she needs to prove her worth as a fighter.

-Isabelle started dating the mayor a little before she left for Smash. The mayor sends her secret letters to show his support.

-All of Subspace is Canon.

-Nobody has mentioned or talked about Tabuu since his defeat. It's too taboo. (Especially for ROB)

-ROB and Megaman are best friends.

-Lucas still hates Wario. Bayonetta made a yo mamma joke towards him one time which made him cry. She now acts as a mother figure towards him.

-Mario and Peach are officially married. They had a secret wedding on the Moon a day before Smash. This is why they both have their wedding attire, they didnt have time to drop it off at the dry cleaners

-Luigi and Daisy are steady sweeties. And Daisy takes pleasure in kicking his ass.

-Samus and Ridley have made amends. They're not friends but since joining Smash, they've made a pact not to kill each other in order to not anger Master Hand.

-Likewise with DK/Diddy and King K Rool

-The reason why there are different Links, Zeldas and Ganons in each Smash iteration is because Master Hand knows the delicate nature of the Zelda timeline. He can't remove one Link or Zelda for too long, thus things become out of whack. For this game, he purposely picked Zelda characters with no relation to each other in order to avoid personal vendettas. Young Link and Ganon are the exception, but they barely know each other at this point so the animosity isnt quite there yet. Their memories are wiped upon being returned to their timelines.

-BOTW Link is somehow strangely okay with hanging out with two of his other selves and doesnt suffer from an existential crisis.

-Meta Knight, Lucario, Mewtwo and Shulk regularly play chess and drink tea together. They discuss intellectual stuff.

-Despite their obvious differences, Pit and Bayonetta get along very well. Pit was scared of her at first but once they chatted over tea and got to know each other, they became quick friends. Bayonetta will frequently pretend to threaten him to mess with his head. Pit does not take note of any sexual implications Bayonetta says or does. He has no idea how sex works.

-Sandbag not only allows fighters to vent their frustrations by smacking the crap out of him, he also likes to listen to their emotional problems. Lucas visits regularly.

-Waluigi is actually okay with not being in the Smash roster. His favorite hobby is cheering Wario on, thus his place as an assist trophy suits him. He gave his invitation to Daisy anyway.

-Kirby is the most expensive character to take care of in the mansion because he eats infinitely.

-The Ice Climbers are banned from ever touching the thermostat in the mansion. One time they cranked it down to -32F and nearly killed Charizard, Greninja and Shulk (because he was in his underwear at the time.) This is why they were not in Smash 4, it was punishment.

-The original 12 smash characters are seen as Legends by the newcomers. All of them are immensely respected.

-When not fighting, all sword and gun wielders are required to stock their weapons in an armory to avoid and unnecessary injury. Clown Cars are also included.

-Ryu and Ken teach a Junior Martial Arts class with Young Link, Pichu, Ness, Lucas, Bowser Jr, Villager and Isabelle.

-Any damage done in a battle is merely simulated and not lethal in anyway. This is why everyone can take literal bombs and laser beams of death to the face without a physical scratch.

-Everybody prefers fighting with items on

-Everybody despises traveling stages

-Everybody hates the Gustbellows. Anyone who uses it is made fun of.

I think that's all I got for now lol.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

NEStalgia

Oh no, head canon and fanfic have already invaded. closes eyes Please don't let this thread turn into the Rosalina Discord, please don't let this thread turn into the Rosalina Discord.....

Let's beg for Senran Peach..its way way way better than what went on on the Rosiecord.....

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I'm intrigued. Got a Discord invite link? Because I think I'd like in on some of that :^]

@Knuckles-Fajita The biggest problem with Subspace was not the length. It was the bland platforming that took up far too much of the game, and since the levels had to be balanced around everyone completing it like Ganondorf and Bowser, it led to a very watered-down platforming experience. Melee's Adventure Mode also suffered from that, but to a lesser degree. World of Light completely axing platforming to focus on as unique battles as possible is perfectly fine with me.

AlternateButtons

@NEStalgia Ah cmoooon at least I tried to be creative with it If this kind of thing isnt welcome here, I'll just delete the post. Sorry!

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons I had fun reading it. Takes me back to my younger years where Subspace's cutscenes really invigorated my young mind lol. I remember pairing up Snake and Samus together... for some reason. Idk lmao.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario LOL, oh heck no I'm not posting links to that s--tuff.....I'll get picked up by the internet police or something You know how the internet is filled with questionable applications of rule 34? I didn't know until the Rosiecord that most of that content is generated by women....................... It's like 75% rabid female Rosie fans in one place, all of them artists, and all of them with the most deviant minds ever, and there are things you will never, ever unsee that go on there. Half of it is....interpretations....of Rosalina. The other half is....interpretations.....of Fire Emblem husbandos....... I never want to hear anything about perverted men on the internet. The dudes are tame....it's the ladies the internet needs to watch out for..... As one of the few guys there felt like "I'm not supposed to be witnessing this....halp!"

We......we don't go to Rosiecord anymore......

Subspace: I feel like I'm the only one that loved the platforming in Subspace. I mean it wasn't Ninja Gaiden levels of challenge, but it was fun having huge side scrolling platform stages with Smash battles for all the enemies. I'd buy a whole game of that as a Smash spinoff....it was fun!

I really like World of Light, but....I do miss the long platforming levels...it felt like a whole other game inside the big game. I played the heck out of Subspace.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic