Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 3,425

ReaderRagfihs

@PolarExperience The thing is that I don't really use him much like the Fire Emblem characters. I use special moves to zip around the screen and shoot tornadoes at everyone.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Illusion

@subpopz my friend and I have been trading off taking on the World of Light mode today. We barely made it past the stages you mentioned through kiting the AI or dumb luck, but if you're still having trouble with high wind stages there's a wind immunity sticker somewhere on the map. Some fights you can just walk away from and come back to when you have the right stickers/level. Its a choose your own adventure RPG, just go with the path of least resistance and you'll get through em all eventually.

Illusion

MegaMari0

Not sure if it's been said, but I've been able to unlock every character in smash do far by jumping into the WOL overworld, leaving and restarting the game after every new challenger.

Edited on by MegaMari0

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

JackEatsSparrows

@ReaderRagfish I made a Brawler with skull kid hat and outfit. He is beastly and I even did the Lucas unlock with him 😂

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Pianist88

World of Light reminds me of Soul Caliber 2's story mode. A more fleshed out world map, more overall variety...none of those paragraphs of storytelling that I never had the patience to bother reading. 😂 Definitely an improvement to that formula that I am very much enjoying.

If you like piano and/or organ music:
https://youtu.be/9k8r2bSpcWE

IceClimbers

Just unlocked a Lin spirit on the spirit board. So there is in fact Xenoblade X content in the game.

Honestly thinking the Fighters Pass will be all third party.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Got my first legend spirit: a Shine Sprite!

EvilLucario

So looking back at World of Light as of now since I'm not finished with it yet (at the final stretch though!): Ultimate easily has the best single-player of all of the Smash games. It even tops Adventure Mode from Melee! Subspace was plagued with boring platforming that was really dumbed down so characters like Ganondorf could have a fighting chance at stages (which Adventure Mode also struggled with but it was much shorter and had better Nintendo themes so it wasn't as noticeable), so World of Light cutting that out completely to focus solely on the thing that makes Smash good - the fighting - is something I'm all for.

Classic Mode is also the best of all the games. Each round is extremely short, yet varied in theming. I love how each character's route has something specific to that character that makes sense with their origins.

If it meant axing Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, Master/Crazy Orders, and Trophies for this, that's perfectly fine by me. I am extremely pleased with this game's single-player.

Unfortunately I think World of Light will just be a one-and-done deal for me. It's one of those games where it's great for the first romp, but doesn't provide as much replay value. That said, if I want to go do single-player stuff, I'd just replay Classic Mode.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@EvilLucario I'm just glad they didn't cut ALL platforming segments. Bringing back Race to the Finish in Classic mode was unexpected but a welcome surprise. Plus, sorting it by weight class means the platforming is usually not too dumbed down.

link3710

IceClimbers

One thing I'd like to see in an update is something that tells you which Smash game the older remixes are from. It only does that for tracks that have had multiple remixes like Gourmet Race

EvilLucario

@IceClimbers Not to mention, some songs are completely different names in Ultimate than previous Smash games. For example, the "Pokemon Red/Blue Medley" is actually just Poke Floats from Melee. The remix of Melee's Battlefield from Smash 4 was actually just called Menu ver. 2 (Melee).

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Mrtoad

Is there any way to make Dream Land GB back and white anymore?

Going nowhere at all...

Ralizah

I'm easily going to get 3 or 4x the amount of playtime out of this as I did out of Smash 4. The huge single-player offerings are very satisfying. Although I think I'm going to stop playing for long sessions, as it's repetitive and best suited to small doses.

Ralizah

SKTTR

Wow, takes a 2 minute walk to see all of Smash's subway advert.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Lemmy_the_Koopa

A SMASH newbie needs help, or at least soooome assurance.

So I have trouble with World of Light; a chest is guarded near the Bee Dojo; but it seems either

a) a 4 Yoshi Fight with Easy Launch, where I am thrown out with 70%; the best I could do is get two Yoshi's out, before I got thrown out. I do my best to try not get ganged up, but it happens eventually. They have a 9k+ strength...

the other direction is...

b) a Stamina battle with two regenerating villagers, that reenergize and villager has no soul... >.> They, too have 9+k strength

I admit, my blocking game is weak, But even with some L99 spirits I can't come close to their strength... which made me avoid two or so additional 9+k fights entirely...

So I gotta ask; will I ever get spirits that can match those and make these fights more manageable (yes I even switched for a short amount of time to "Easy" mode to see any difference in the fight)....

Lemmy_the_Koopa

EvilLucario

@Lemmy_the_Koopa 3-4 star Spirits are pretty nasty, especially if you're new to Smash. There's no shame in just keeping the difficulty at Easy. (I'm playing on Hard, but that's because I'm a Smash veteran)

Go back to your Spirits and see which Spirit is the best. For example, that 4 Yoshi fight has them easily launched out of the arena at lower percents than normal, so you should try putting on a super armor Spirit (if you have one) that lets you tank hits while you spam up-smashes and kill off all the Yoshis.

There are counters for every Spirit battle, but some are nasty no matter what. Come back to it and get more Spirits, then try again. Or you should try a different fighter. As another example, one of my friends easily breezed through a Spirit I had trouble with (Dr. Wily) because he used Lucas instead of me using Link.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@EvilLucario Okay, so basically grind a bit more spitirs and switch fighters... yeah I tried to bruteforce it with Kirby, since I think he has a versatile kit and is much more forgiving for out of arena shenanigans, but with also playing occ. classic mode, I am warming up to other fighters...

Funny, is that I got this game gifted, I was never interested in the SMASH series as for an onlooker it always looked confusing and here I am looking up how to get past some spirit battles XD!

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Grumblevolcano

Finished World of Light with 100% completion (took 30 hours), best single player mode in a Smash game for sure and there's even NG+ though I'll save that for another time.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BeetonTheRobot

I gotta admit, the level 9 CPU is far more smarter than it was in Smash Wii U/3DS.

Echo & the Bunnymen is one of the best bands of the 80s and 90s in my opinion.

I'm a guy who likes magical girl anime such as Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach. Not afraid to admit that in the slightest.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858

Beedrill4Smash

Random question, but does anybody know if the song VS Masked Dedede is in the game?

If so, where can find it?

Beedrill4Smash

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic