Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 4,508

Namco

Yesterday I organised an arena to celebrate the new year. Exploding items that resemble fireworks only (like the fake smash ball) and I picked Fourside and New Pork City as the stages. It seemed a lot of people enjoyed it, some of them even stayed for over an hour and I got some friend requests. Some players followed my lead and picked Villager, together we did some up smashing

BTW I won 16 battles in a row in online quick play against players with a GSP of at least 2 million. I thought this was pretty good considering I always leave when I win a battle. Perhaps this is an odd statement, but I'm always hoping I encounter a player that can beat me / has a playstyle that counters mine. So usually I only rematch when I lose, close calls being the exception.

I hope this doesn't sound cocky lol

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

GeoChrome

@Joeynator3000 I don’t think they can legally do that and get away with an E 10+ rating.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

@BMO_Advanced I also tend to only rematch randoms if I lose. My friend and I are gonna stay up late and do some couch co-op games, so we'll probably get some games in tonight.

@PolarExperience What would be nice is a system-wide player, like 360 had.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Joeynator3000

PolarExperience wrote:

@Joeynator3000 I don’t think they can legally do that and get away with an E 10+ rating.

It's not official, but it's still possible because it happened in Smash Wii U.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GeoChrome

Unless Switch modding gains a lot of progress, it’s not happening.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeeEmm

@JackEatsSparrows

Cheers. Ive been playing WOL but yet to unlock the activity areas. Thats cool that you can do that.

GeeEmm

HobbitGamer

@GeeEmm Yep, I figured you hadn't gotten that yet so didn't want to say much more than that. But once you do, you can also access them from the main menu without going into WoL, too.
I've only gotta get the River Adventure event spirit now, waiting for my board to cycle it in.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SKTTR

BMO_Advanced wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

1186 spirits and 80 hours later. I'm on the last stretch though I'm still getting bullied by the Metroid Queen and... Baby Bowser of all things.

Are you using Giant Killer? Soma Cruz can really help you out. Also I recommend using the spirit board item that gradually decreases their HP and evade as many attacks as you can.

I defeated Metroid Queen mostly by spamming projectiles and up smash with Link
Baby Bowser I defeated with one move only: Ike's up special... that worked somehow

On a different note... this game isn't really kind to completionists. No reward or milestone for completing all challenges, no reward for collecting all the soundtracks, no reward for collecting all the Mii outfits. I guess there won't be a reward for collecting the 1300+ spirits either. I know they're still adding stuff, but still...

Yoho, got them along with my other two nemesises Sukapon and Black Shadow. Such relief. Used Giant Killer, fire proof (for Baby Bowser's stage) and 50% off health booster

Just like with every other Smash I try to get as much as I can. I completed 64 and Melee 100%.

I had everything but one sticker and one trophy in Brawl.

In Smash 4 I wasn't hugely invested anymore for some reason. I miss around 10-15 of the challenges and all DLC.

Ultimate feels good again, the addiciton is back. I try to unlock everything possible.

After having unlocked all characters (by completing 100% in World of Light) my next goals are
collecting all spirits, music and costumes.
After that I will try to get the highest team-power possible by upgrading all the good spirits.
And then I'll check the challenges/milestones to unlock whatever else there is.

1207 Spirits. 95 left!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Namco

Who is most likely to become a DLC character realistically speaking? Here's my prediction

My first pick would be a Hunter from Capcom's Monster Hunter. It's insanely popular in Japan and since the release of Monster Hunter World it also gained a wide audience in the west. Rathalos is in the game as a boss and assist trophy, it doesn't feel right that you can't fight him as a Hunter. Also the Monster Hunter Mii outfits have been cut but no one would argue they didn't deserve to be in the game. There isn't a Hunter spirit either! Odd decision making if a Hunter doesn't join the fight in any form.

Okay some people will not like this pick but Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses is a realistic prediction. Nintendo will promote their new Fire Emblem main waifu like they did with Roy and Corrin. Besides if an old request from Awakening can make it in (Chrom) A relevant character from the upcoming game is almost a given. Also Edelgard is a Lance wielder, I hardly doubt this is a coincidence since a lot of players couldn't stand another sword fighter. The developers may have been done this on purpose with Smash Bros in the back of their mind.

It does seem Capcom is fond of Super Smash Bros, therefore I think Phoenix Wright has a shot. Phoenix Wright stars mostly on Nintendo consoles and the series is still going strong. The original game released on the gameboy advanced way back in 2001, the original trilogy has been announced for the Switch to be released early this year. We can also expect an entire new game to happen, perhaps even a Switch exclusive at first. Phoenix Wright is relevant and he has even been in a fighting game before! He has potential for a very unique and goofy move set. Any objections? (rhetorical question)

Though Phoenix Wright would also work fine as a Mii outfit... I guess...

My last prediction is one that may cause an even bigger riot. It's one for the younger generation: either Steve from Minecraft or wait for it... a character from Fortnite. My preference goes out for Steve, Minecraft appears to be a timeless classic. Fortnite on the other hand may last for a few more months or years before a new hype makes everyone forget about it. Steve is very recognisable and his moveset has tons of potential. So why mention Fortnite? The game is just incredibly relevant and succesful, the fanbase is so big I doubt there's any other character at the moment that would reel in more new players (yeah mostly kids, but they're the future and stuff) Besides it's Nintendo making the call and they're certainly on board the Fortnite hype train.

So who knows? Everything can happen ofcourse, we know that thanks to piranha plant!
Untitled

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

SKTTR

@BMO_Advanced I like all of your ideas, especially Phoenix Wright. He's great. Monster Hunter would be cool as well, not for the character, but for the game he'd represent and the new people, the new stage and music he would bring, same for Steve. But with Capcom already having a newcomer in Ken, and Mega Man and Ryu returning, it would seem that other Third Parties would get their chance now (Sega and BandaiNamco have only one fighter). Shadow (unfortunately), Tails, and Dr. Eggman are out of the race. Where are the costumes for Heihachi and Lloyd Irving in Ultimate? I'm all for Travis Touchdown though.

EvilLucario

@SKTTR Sega has two characters, actually, and are approaching three with Joker. (Atlus is owned by Sega) Bayonetta is owned by Sega. Capcom can easily have more characters if Nintendo and Sakurai picked them.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

SKTTR

EvilLucario wrote:

@SKTTR Sega has two characters, actually, and are approaching three with Joker. (Atlus is owned by Sega) Bayonetta is owned by Sega. Capcom can easily have more characters if Nintendo and Sakurai picked them.

In my mind Bayonetta is a Platinum Games character and Bayonetta 2 is produced by Nintendo but yeah, I often forget she's a Sega franchise. Also need to memorize that Atlus is now under Sega's wings.

Yeah, I think it's easily possible for Capcom, Sega, and Konami to have even more than 3 fighters in Smash, but I have a strong feeling it's Bandai Namco's turn now to get their second and third character in as well.

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR Given the fact that DLC Mii costumes are back, I wouldn't be surprised if 3rd party Smash 4 Mii costumes are re-released as DLC for Ultimate because of licensing.

I think we may also get a few returning stages as DLC or updates outside the Fighters Pass like Mute City (Melee) and Rainbow Road (3DS) as that's another thing that happened with Smash 4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

@Grumblevolcano: Do you have a costume list? Any costumes missing from Smash 4 (free and DLC)?

Poké Floats seems to be a favourite for returning stages. My favourite would be a Best-of-Smash Miiverse stage.

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR From comparing my Wii U file to my Switch file, all of the 3rd party costumes from Smash 4 are missing in Ultimate. Other stuff missing includes stuff like the Mii Plaza game costumes (like Mii Force Helmet) and some general stuff unrelated to specific games (like American Football Helmet).

I definitely have all costumes unlocked in Wii U and I'm pretty sure I have all costumes unlocked in Ultimate (you're not given milestones when you get everything).

Licensing is a likely reason why there's no 3rd party costumes in the base Ultimate game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fowlersrs

New update and Wendy added S a character, say what!

Fowlersrs

EvilLucario

Can we PLEASE not spread that meme to here? And I love me some memes, but god.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

It’s not even a meme as much as it is something dumb.

#MudStrongs

TOUGHDUDE94

I have an idea what about gunvolt from gunvolt games the only major Nintendo indie to not have sprits or anything in smash

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic