Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 4,508

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows lol. Not the first time gs let me order something they didn't really have. My first pro controller went the same exact way. Should have taken it as a sign, the thing didn't last a year.

Yeah, stick whacking is awful. Otoh i enjoy the rumble. Gcn keeps hurting... The little fleshy pad on the palm right below the pinky and ring fingers get red and that feeling of early blister building like I've been wielding the weed whacker or digging with shovels for an hour... Not sure why... No tough spots. Maybe oem doesnt do that. But..... Where is my oem? And my wireless?

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@Beedrill4Smash Honestly imo, WoL is automatically better than Subspace purely by the basis that it does focuses on the fights, being a spruced up Event Mode that has so many different combinations that fit the characters, even with multiple repeating conditions. WoL very much follows the BotW/Odyssey formula of having a wealth of content by using a comparatively little pool of conditions, that being Korok seeds and the 880 Moons which share similar goals, only it does it better by really tailoring each Spirit to as unique of a fight as possible which you cannot get from preferred rules, even in Special Smash.

What gets me, though, is that some people I follow seem to hate WoL but love the Spirit Board, which I find extremely hilarious because both are literally the same thing, except in WoL you have the skill tree and in the Spirit Board you have consumable items.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario don't get me wrong, I'm loving wol, but i do still think subspace, at least in concept, implementation aside given its quite old now and didn't age perfectly, is better by being something DIFFERENT do do with the systems in the game rather than just arena fights. Like tekken bowling, it's absence and sale as dlc on tekken7 actually netted lower scores in many reviews. Something different to do with the systems can count for lot.

Still, i love wol land will be depressed when it's over.

@Beedrill4Smash i largely agree with your about subspace, though i am almost equally addicted to wol

NEStalgia

Undead_terror

I got world of light 100% completed and all 124 challenges done, I still need to get around to beating classic with everyone.

Another thing I wonder is why is there some songs you can't use for anything. That horrible smash 64 menu theme can't be selected for the menu or a stage, yet you can buy it...unless it is just there to listen to.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Beedrill4Smash

@EvilLucario I think my biggest issue is that the spirit battles simply aren't to my preferred type of battle, and there isn't anything wrong with that, of course, but I can't help but feel somewhat underwhelmed. I will freely admit to being the type of player who dislikes items and only wants to battle on final destinations. I don't see WoL as a waste of time, far from it, and there are definitely some great moments to be had. The bosses, excluding Galeem, for the most part, were IMO the best part of WoL with the series specific areas being a very close second.

I do think @NEStalgia said it best. In general, I'll admit that WoL is the better adventure for a Smash game mostly because Brawl feels awful compared to Ultimate. In CONCEPT, however, Subspace IMO easily beats WoL.

Beedrill4Smash

Henmii

Now that I have quite some hours locked in its time for a short opinion:

Pros: Gigantic roster, including some new characters
Classic mode with different routes and endbosses
Old and new music
Lots of items
Beautiful graphics
Good controls and a overall strong feel
Gigantic level-roster...
Adventure mode is big and fun, so is the Spirit board
Adventure mode has a cool, big overworld-map with lots of secrets
Collecting Spirits is fun and there are many obscure ones!

Cons:

Smaller challenge list, some locked to online
Spirits should have some descriptions, I like those
All those Spirit battles are basically event-matches with the same objective, no "avoiding certain characters, preventing Fox for calling back-up, etc"
No break the targets, no home run contest
Almost no new stages
To few cutscenes in adventure mode, and overall the Subspace was better

But overall I am quite happy, and getting every Spirit will take a huge time (I might get bored after a while though). I couldn't sample every character so far though, but King Rool and Simon Belmont are awesome!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

Not certain but I think you can complete the online section of challenges just by using hammers rather than actually paying for Nintendo Switch Online.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GeoChrome

You can use hammers on any event, including those for online.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Joeynator3000

Well, aside from the ones with a padlock on it, doubt the online section has those, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

EvilLucario

Adventure Mode has some of those locked boards, yeah.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Quarth

So my favorites so far: Isabelle, Ike, Simon and Lucas.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Joeynator3000

A lot of the new Final Smashes I'm not a fan of (especially the ones when the CPUs target me constantly in 8-player battles even when I'm in last place. >_>), but I will say Sheik's is just awesome now. lol

I also like how you can control Starstorm's direction.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Eel

I feel like Jigglypuffs final smash is less... Bouncy.

It would usually completely launch other people off the stage and to their doom. Now they kinda just get gently pushed around.

Most of the deaths yesterday were from friends jumping off the stage trying to avoid the shockwave.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jasonbourne

@Delibheel why do you keep locking my forums about the Zip drive. What’s your problem

jasonbourne

Grumblevolcano

@LinkAtWild Erdrick would be a very Joker-esque DLC pick. Joker with main series Persona on Switch in return, Erdrick with Dragon Quest XI on Switch in return (sure it was the first Switch game announcement but the focus has been on the PS4 version), etc.

With Nintendo deciding the DLC characters this time, trying to get deals for 3rd party games on Switch in place so that the damage done by the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett existing is kept to a minimum could be a possibility.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

Erdrick is not from DQXI. He's from DQIII, one of the most popular games in the franchise.

Joeynator3000

Delibheel wrote:

I feel like Jigglypuffs final smash is less... Bouncy.

It would usually completely launch other people off the stage and to their doom. Now they kinda just get gently pushed around.

Most of the deaths yesterday were from friends jumping off the stage trying to avoid the shockwave.

I think it was changed in a way that we're not seeing...have you pressed A or something? shrugs

But yeah it seems even less useful now, but when I saw a CPU use it it was acting different. So there's something to it I think.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

HobbitGamer

@LinkAtWild It could be said that Cloud actually does represent an iconic history with Nintendo, given that his game was the one that got away after the SNES/PS fiasco. The series has been on just about everything, and that started on NES.

The Metal Gear franchise has been on multiple console generations, and it started on NES.

Richter being an echo is just a nice gesture to Castlevania fans, with Richter being one of the most powerful Belmont’s in the lore. But her was in Portrait of Ruin, I believe.

Can’t really have Ryu without Ken. I mean, it’s an echo as well, so it’s not much.

I think the fact that there’s quite a few third party offerings also make it more interesting to video game fans in general. It keeps it from requiring a knowledge and appreciation for ONLY Nintendo characters to get some fun out of it. Of course it’s you’re ipinion, and I’m not trying to say it’s invalid or some such ridiculousness, but I think if we all keep beating the “Not in my Smash” horse we’ll just keep ourselves from enjoying the games.

@EvilLucario Yeah, there’s that, too. There’s more franchise history for all the ones OP mentioned

(I do wish you could hide characters on the roster tho)

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Well it could still be used as part of a DQXI Switch deal. Doesn't necessarily have to be from the same game, just from the same franchise.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic