Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,014

PikPi

Bf and I have decided to make the very unwise decision to go for a midnight release. Unwise because we need to be up by 6am, haha. But it's always kind of special to do something like that for a game every once in a while

PikPi

Trajan

@NEStalgia Those were pretty decent controllers. After some update they ended up getting some input lag though.

"Although PS2 was a sales success because it had a DVD player function, it troubled me that we had moved to a hardware where the sole function wasn’t playing games,” - Satoru Iwata

MONOLITHSOFT and Rareware (SNES-GC) fanboy

Vee_Flames

Hallelujah! My Pro Controller and my copy of the game has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow. So hyped!

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

BrainOfGrimlock

Made the mistake of going through the soundtracks - I no longer want to play Smash, I want to play F-Zero!!

So far I’ve discovered I hate the default button layout (easily changed), I hate Kirby (or more likely he hates me controlling him so badly), I love the soundtracks & WoL/spirits seems reeeeally in-depth...

On that last point, Kotaku’s reviewer was not a fan of WoL. At all. Haven’t read a lot of other reviews yet (apart from NL’s) but was interesting; reviewer is a long term smash fan who hated the mode (despite otherwise loving the game) whereas it’s all i’ve really played so far?

BrainOfGrimlock

link3710

@BrainOfGrimlock Huh, all the reviews I've read so far have enjoyed WoL to varying degrees. Figures there's someone who can't stand it though.

link3710

BrainOfGrimlock

Yeah it seemed odd to me, but then it was WoL’s reveal in the direct that convinced me to get it (as a non-online player generally) so guess I was already sold on it - point me at a skill tree and i’ll be climbing around in it for hours!

BrainOfGrimlock

Ryzaerian

@BrainOfGrimlock

I’m a firm believer in the notion that there’s no such thing as a “professional reviewer.” It’s just some guy or girl with an opinion. And it’s often a stupid opinion based on limited understanding or experience. Or just plain crappy taste.

I’ve hated music, art, film, games, etc. that were highly rated, and loved ones that some “professional,” irately typing away at his laptop with a bag of Cheetos, trashed.

Screw that guy. He means nothing. It’s your opinion that matters to you, and no one else’s.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

BrainOfGrimlock

@Ryzaerian oh yeah ofc, zero poo’s given - i’m enjoying it a lot already so knickers to anyone who doesn’t!

@ReaderRagfish yeah it’s a bit of a pleasure/pain thing with Kotaku. There aren’t (unsurprisingly) many sites with localised Aussie game info/release dates so we kinda have to take what we can get. The useful local stuff aside, a lot of the content is pasted over from the US though and whilst there I end up reading it - the quality of it varies wildly though.

In the reviewers defence they did love pretty much everything else about the game so I think it was a legit disconnect? Didn’t feel like (fault for faults sake) but was interesting nonetheless!

BrainOfGrimlock

Silly_G

PSA. The boxed version (at least in Australia) only includes the steelbook. No standard case.

Not a dealbreaker, but disappointing all the same, especially considering the ridicuous asking price.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

scubydo

Anyone know if this will be like the WiiU version where if someone else played it on the same WiiU under their "ID" it still unlocked everything and kinda ruined the fun, or does EACH person/account on the same switch have their very own file???? For example on the WiiU me and my son each had an account on the same WiiU and when he played Smash it unlocked it for both of us with just having one save file. On the switch we have the same setup so I am hoping that it will allow each of us to have our very own save file and not unlock everything on my end when he plays.

Edited on by scubydo

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

redd214

Game is awesome, we've been on it for almost 7 hours straight! Well worth the wait!

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

JackEatsSparrows

@redd214 That’s awesome to hear. I just picked up my Katamari copy, playing that while I wait 2 more hours 😂

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

redd214

@bixente I have not yet. Just been doi g VS, Classic, and a bit of WoL

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

JackEatsSparrows

@BeetonTheRobot Only if they’re super slack. I’m EST, and I did my pre-ring and picked up Katamari but am going back in a few to get Smash.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BeetonTheRobot

@HobbitGamer I tried calling the nearest GameStop but the answering machine said they're busy with other customers. So i'm guessing it's not happening for me.

Momoko Hanasaki is such a cutie!

Yes, I'm a guy who likes magical girl anime... there I said it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858

Delibheel

WHAT

... persona on smash.

Can we get the game itself on switch?

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic