Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 4,508

Grumblevolcano

Take advantage of King K. Rool being super overpowered if you want an easier than normal 9.9 Classic completion.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Namco

No way... the Paz spirit equips you with a bomb-omb. That's so messed up... for those who haven't played Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and don't plan on doing so: two bombs were unwillingly planted in her in order to kill Big Boss. They tried to remove them and she was being operated in a helicopter, but after the first one was removed the second bomb was about to go off, in order to save Big Boss and the crew she jumped out off the helicopter and exploded. She died...

Also venom snake didn't accept her dead and began to hallucinate that she was still alive.

...Nice reference

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

EvilLucario

@BMO_Advanced That's exactly why I loved World of Light and Spirits in general. Story and cutscenes cannot save bad gameplay (which Subspace was outside of bosses), so instead they decided to make Spirit battles resemble what they came from along with stipulations that fit the characters in question. I got a big majority of references with Spirits, but there are some seriously obscure references that I didn't get because some games were Japan-exclusive like Monolith Soft's Soma Bringer.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

My only complaint with WoL is that some areas don’t allow you to view the world map. On the flip side, I just realized last night that right stick pans the map 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Trajan yeah, I've killed one pro and one gamepad stick with Splatoon2/1.... Smash has got to be worse. Pro is so comfy though..... Sticks are to floppy for smash in some ways though they work fine.

NEStalgia

Seacliff

My biggest complaint with WOL is that you can't replay a certain segment involving a character unplayable elsewhere without repeating the entire campaign.

Should have been added to Games and More.

Seacliff

Joeynator3000

Ugh...I think I need to get away from this game for a bit...I'm going back to Monster Hunter for now. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HobbitGamer

@AlternateButtons Yuuup, the late game segments are what I was thinking of. I wanna play Smash, not Chutes ‘N Ladders for the foreseeable future. I finished that and the uh left one. Taking a break 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

Geez Louise, the final boss fight is truly a test of patience, but also super cool and satisfying to play. Though it has shown me how useful dark samus/Samus can be

TuVictus

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfish Wii U also removed that feature sadly. A shame since it was one of my most favorite parts of the UI lol.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

It's such a shame the powera gcn manages to hurt my hand in one spot where the handle rubs. I like playing with it, but i can't do it long and go back to pro (not sure i do any better or worse with either). I have a wireless powera on the way, but gs let me order it a week ago, never shipped it, and now it's "not available online" so it may be a month before i actually get it. I have the wiiu era gcn controller somewhere but I'm not sure where. I got the smash 4 controller bundle and basically never played smash 4....

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia You’ve got some rough luck ordering games.
Dunno if you’ve tried it, but I’ve gotten some comfort on my Pro by setting the stick sensitivity to high. I end up keeping from whacking the sticks about like a C64 keyboard 😂

#MudStrongs

Beedrill4Smash

After 16 hours, I have finished WoL, and I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this adventure.

My major gripe with WoL is its length. By the time I had reached 8 hours, I was beginning to burn out from what felt like an endless amount of battles, but I still had about half the adventure left. By the last fight, I was more happy about it being over than an admittedly enjoyable "true" ending. I only need about 5% to 100% WoL, and I likely won't bother.

I think the cut scenes were also rather disappointing. Not for the general lack or scale of the cut scenes, but the focus of them. Instead of focusing on characters that I've loved for many years now, the cut scenes are all about Galeem. It would have been impossible to give every character in the game a healthy amount of time while making an interesting story, but I don't think focusing on an uninteresting, at least in my opinion, antagonist to be a satisfying alternative.

Having said that, I do believe Subspace to be the better adventure mode. Subspace had platforming sections, a varied assortment of cut scenes, and the regular fighting we all know and love in a Smash game. Sure, the platforming wasn't the best, and outright poor in some areas, but it allowed the fighters to function within the game that wasn't fighting. This was Subspace's greatest strength in my eyes, a healthy mix of varied level types and a, albeit shallow, story. I should make it clear, however, that Subspace ain't no spring chicken, and, after a recent play through before Ultimate came out, my nostalgia goggles were promptly removed to show how truly mediocre Subspace was.

WoL, on the other hand, only has you fighting battle after battle ad nauseam. Fighting is without question the best part of smash, but I would have appreciated some varied game play. And, in WoL's case, this fact worked against the adventure mode. If the only thing in WoL is fighting, then why don't I just go play some battles in normal Smash where I can play with me preferred rules? I suppose the spirits weren't enough to keep me interested.

Well, there's the equivalent of my life story dedicated to my thoughts on WoL.
TLDR: I think Subspace is better than WoL, but both aren't that good to begin with.

Edited on by Beedrill4Smash

Beedrill4Smash

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic