Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 4,507

Paraka

@NEStalgia - I just don't have room to accommodate wires for the GCN controller. Though honestly I don't see much the big fuss over it each time a new game comes out like without it Smash may as well be Brawlout and Nintendo go third party. It's pretty virile the response one gets when you dismiss the importance of the GCN controller. Regardless, outside watching my Incineroar GSP drop into FFA oblivion, I hold my own decently in online matches.

Still got a lot to improve on, but I hold my own.

Paraka

HobbitGamer

After 3 rounds of thorough smashing, I’m off to get some sweet, sweet spirits. WoL is tempting me with the lure of progress

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Trajan you can always connect a usb hub.... No different than connecting the crazy adapters, except you don't NEED one for only 2 players and everyone has at least one laying around already...

I wish i could find my old official gcn controller and adapter to compare grip. The powera is quite nice, and has the share button, but it gives terrible blister starters on the left hand where pro is comfy. Not sure if og would do that. But i do love the feel of the layout and high tension springs.

@EvilLucario wow, i mean i do play handheld, but other than that, id be terrified of joycons abuse with this game

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I was never the person who destroyed their 3DS playing Smash back in the day, the same'll apply here :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Eel

I guess at least replacing the controller should be easier with the switch...

In other news, I've been having fun playing world of light as Jigglypuff. It's always fun to see the biggest enemies go flying after the third rest, rollout and pound are also lots of fun.

Lots of funny moments were the computer kills itself too.

And of course, way too many instances of me rolling off the screen by accident.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

The stages in this game are just awesome now...the 3 Pokemon cycle through the same fight in Spear Pillar (similar case with N's Castle), Metal Face shows up in 8-Player battles now, you can turn Yellow Devil off. (I assume the platforms are still there, I never tried that yet, it would seem pointless to take those out when you can just choose the FD form, lol)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

@LinkAtWild TP Link had to retire someday. He isn't exactly the original smash Link though. He was the first Link to replace a Link.

I'm sure you can find one Link that plays somewhat similar to Link. There's plenty Links to choose from.

Link. Link. Link.

(That's a list of the Links in the game)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EvilLucario

@LinkAtWild That's not really Link specific and even then he's mostly kept to the same moveset, just that bombs work a bit differently now and the Hero of the Wild costume fits the old design just fine anyway. A more drastic example would be Charizard, who lost Rock Smash and instead kept Flare Blitz while other characters like Ganondorf got completely different smash attacks and Snake lost his mine down-smash in favor for a leg sweep. But even then they still feel like their old incarnations but better.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Trajan

@NEStalgia Yeah I gotcha. Idk if I'll ever play 4 player tbh. So a 2 port would make sense. I do like that I can share the controllers with my GC though. My cube is sitting right next to the Switch.

I too would worry about both joycons and the Pro (sticks) tbh with this game. But we will see.
@LinkAtWild I was a link main in 64 and played him a bit in Melee, and yeah he kind of sucks now. Young Link is pretty good now. Or Mii Swordfighter with the right moveset.

There was a TP link in the last game? How was he any different from OoT Link?

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Grumblevolcano

@Trajan The only differences between OoT Link in 64/Melee and TP Link in Brawl/3DS/Wii U outside of balancing were items being more relevant to the game the Link was from. For example OoT Link has the Hookshot meanwhile TP Link has the Clawshot.

BotW Link is more different from those because of the game's nature, like there's no Hookshot equivalent.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Late

I like Link's new bombs. You can do all sorts of stuff with them. I've seen some videos of Link throwing a bomb, shooting it with an arrow and then detonating it once it goes off the edge to kill a player who is trying to recover. I still try to grab people from far away once in a while but I'm starting to remember not to do that.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TuVictus

Jesus, the story mode is a bit bloated. For all this content they really should have invested more in actual story to break up the seemingly endless spirit fights. And no, I don't consider it potentially leaking to be a valid or even an excuse that makes sense.

TuVictus

HobbitGamer

@SonicMos Link is good at taking a beating to mid damage, and agile enough to string some hits together. His arrows and boomerang and good for forcing a dodge or shield into your Smash hits.
Ganondorf is also a tank again, with longer range on his Smash attacks this time.
Oh or zero suit Samus.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

PikPi wrote:

Jesus, the story mode is a bit bloated.

You say bloated, I say thicc.

But, seriously, I wouldn't mind having a bit more depth in terms of what can be done with the spirits, but Smash is only really good when you're smashing, so I'm glad it's focusing on creative and challenging fights instead of cutscenes and platforming stages.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TuVictus

@Ralizah I don't see why it has to be all one or the other. The fights are creative but they all blend together after a while save for the particularly annoying stages like Pauline and 9/18-volt. It's still not as good as subspace in my eyes, because at least the boring platforming was broken up with story to look forward to. This is just boring, at least until you manage to actually get to the bosses.

TuVictus

Quarth

Wow! I might be alone in this, but Isabelle is a beast! My new favorite!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JaxonH

All characters are now unlocked.

Let the true battle begin!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic