Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 3,011

Chris77

@ReaderRagfish I guess not enough of us here ordered it. Nevermind, there is a cheaper alternative but would have preferred the official one as I missed out on the Wii U version.

Edited on by Chris77

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

link3710

@BMO_Advanced All 5 new characters are confirmed to not be echoes. So most likely, they will in fact all be uniques. At 12 uniques total, that means the game will stand up to Melee at launch + free DLC, and to Brawl after DLC. That's not a bad at all considering that there's also 65 characters coming back with various levels of updates, and 4 additional clones have been added as well.

By the way, Sheik was introduced in Melee, not Brawl.

link3710

ReaderRagfish

@Chris77 Interesting, it looks like the UK Nintendo website lists the adapter's release date as being May 2019. I wonder why?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

JackEatsSparrows

@ReaderRagfish Nintendo must be afraid that the UK can't handle the full brunt of destructive force that is the Smashpocalypse.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DarkRula

So long as the other variants of the PowerA wireless GCN-syled controller come here, I'm good. I don't want a grey one and I don't want to go through GAME.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@ReaderRagfish Maybe too many people preordered the special edition (game + steelbook + GCN adapter + GCN controller) that there weren't enough standalone ones left to sell? Don't forget that outside Europe doesn't get that bundle but rather game + steelbook + pro controller.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

I haven't had my pre-order cancelled yet but I am assuming it's a matter of time. I think this is a real bad move on Nintendo's part from a PR point of view. The UK isn't exactly strong for Nintendo as it is so I cannot understand how this will help them at all.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

andrew20

@BMO_Advanced What about tiki from awakeing/shadow dragon you know the one that turns into a dragon from a human and she dose have an amiibo from warriors

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

andrew20

i was also thinking about aiai from super monkey ball,
also what about a tekken charchter i would like to have Ultra beast but UB-02 be the only one i could think of you know the buff bug thing.
Sora would be great or the main charter from DQ11 that is coming next year to the switch that everyone on earth forgot

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

BMO_Advanced

andrew20 wrote:

@BMO_Advanced What about tiki from awakeing/shadow dragon you know the one that turns into a dragon from a human and she dose have an amiibo from warriors

I would love Tiki to be included as a playable character. I already proposed a lot of Fire representation, but in addition to all that a Manakete character seems almost like a must, the games are all about dragons right? Tiki, Fae and Nowi are also some of my favourite characters. Anyway, I just hope the next Smash Bros game does something about adding diversity among the Fire Emblem characters. There are currently too many Marth clones and Chrom isn't very different either. If my idea is unreasonable they should at least try to create characters that wield different kind of weapons (Axe, Lance, Bow) or make their movesets much more diverse through other means.

Edited on by BMO_Advanced

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Delibheel

We technically have Manakete representation in the game already

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BMO_Advanced

Yosheel wrote:

We technically have Manakete representation in the game already

If you're talking about the Corrins, they only have dragon veins because they're descendants of Anankos, only part of their body changes into a dragon. I like how Corrin plays in Super Smash Bros, but I can't really appreciate Corrin for his/her personality. It was good marketing for Fire Emblem Fates but I don't need to see Corrin back personally, I think Tiki is a more iconic character in the Fire Emblem universe and I would like to see her as the transforming dragon character instead. Make Azura the Fates representation. That's just my opinion ofcourse.

Delibheel

No, he’s a full on dragon shifter, dragon gem and all. Smash just doesn’t let you change at will.

The only difference between Corrin and a normal Manakete, is that he seems to age at a normal rate, which is likely due to them being half human.

I guess, like Nowi's daughter in Awakening.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BMO_Advanced

Yosheel wrote:

No, he’s a full on dragon shifter, dragon gem and all. Smash just doesn’t let you change at will.

The only difference between Corrin and a normal Manakete, is that he seems to age at a normal rate.

Does it state that in the game? I got my info from the Fire Emblem wiki where it states that they transform similar to manaketes and they only change part of their body ¯(ツ)

Edited on by BMO_Advanced

Delibheel

Just using Corrin in Fates, or even Heroes, is enough to see the change is complete.

There's also the final smash in smash bros.

Either way, don't get me wrong, I never said Corring was strictly a manakete, the Fates universe doesn't actually have manaketes, lore-wise (presumably because they don't fomally exist yet). But fucntionally, Corrin is a manakete type character.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

LM97

I pre-ordered this game on the eShop , the thing is that Im afraid the game wont run on its release date on my switch because im not in the US anymore. Should I be afraid of that or not?

LM97

My Nintendo: L&M | Nintendo Network ID: Lill97

DarkRula

@LM97 The unlock is hardcoded based on the eShop region the game was bought from. Your physical location has no bearing on it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ReaderRagfish

Only 3 more weeks!

It looks like scalpers are trying to sell the Gamecube adapter on ebay for double the price. Are they really that hard to find? I just sorta walked into the store and bought one a week or two ago with no issues.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Bunkerneath

Anyone know if there is a website or something offering the full mural, with all the characters for the Smash Ultimate, for sale? It would look so sweet in my living room (not sure that the wife will say but hey)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

PikPi

In olden times Nintendo would have it as a Club Nintendo reward for either a chunk of coins or as a Gold Member reward.

But at least we can get .3 cents off the next digital game we buy

PikPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic