Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 4,508

Ralizah

@CdrJameson It sounds like you're trying too hard to be good at it right away. Skill comes with experience. Smash can be as casual or as hardcore an experience as you want it to be, so it'd probably be best to go slow with it, try out a variety of fighters, and find a few that you jive with particularly well. Enjoy the silly fights. Listen to the music. Just engage with it with the intent of having fun. Dial down the difficulty if you need to.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@AlternateButtons Dude that's awesome! I'm glad to hear you got it after all!

So as for myself, it just finally clicked with me. I was playing against the Geno spirit battle, and was thinking about how awesome it was fighting the whole SMRPG cast. And then I realized, that's what Everyone is Here truly means. You can fight... basically EVERYONE in this game people have asked for (short of rights issues).

Of course, some battle feel more like I'm actually facing an opponent than others, but still.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Out of the ones I've found so far, BotW Zelda would probably be at the top for me regarding representing the spirit's origins.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GeoChrome

@SuperWeird Ultimate doesn’t mean perfect or 10/10. It’s just supposed to be the game with every single fighter and more.
There’s a battle arena online, that’s the closest you can get to a private online match.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

RR529

Picked this up earlier today at Wal-Mart while doing my grocery shopping.

It's been fun so far. Played a few basic "Smash" matches, and did the obligatory first run through of "Classic" with Mario, but have mostly spent my time on the "Spirit Board" & "World of Light".

Now I've just got to figure out how to juggle my time between my Switch & PS4 (still working on Yakuza Kiwami), lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HobbitGamer

@antdickens Will there be a “Guide” for beginners of Smash? There’s quite a few newcomers that are feeling a struggle and it may help, rather than sifting the forum thread for tips from us vets

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GeoChrome

Tip #2: Shield

NEStalgia

Uhm. Iggy with high winds... Even with wind resistance spirit...... That battle is almost as bs as bayo. You need to jump but he punishes every time you do. And you can't approach without him countering but it's impossible against the winds. Got close twice, but no.... No idea how to win that one for now

NEStalgia

SuperWeird

@PolarExperience I seem to recall in Smash for Wii U we could have private online 1v1 battles and bring a CPU partner along for 2v2 matches. You can't do this with Ultimate. If this is really the ultimate version of Smash I expect more online features added, not taken away.

Edit: for example with the Wii U, I could take my Mii Brawler and Pac-Man online together and we could fight as a team. Ultimate Smash removed this option. Now I can only fight alone in 1v1 online matches.

Edited on by SuperWeird

SuperWeird

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Sheik on the right platform is how I did it. Toss impact grenades to left

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GeoChrome

Tip #4: Experiment with different characters to find a good main

MsJubilee

As much as i love this game, i feel like they dropped the ball on the music. Everything(except the remixes) sound the same except with a different twist, they used the same World Of Light tune for everything! It's terrible. They put so much effort in the remixes which sound phenomenal! But nothing for everything else.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GeoChrome

@NEStalgia What pathway is this encounter on? Just want to prepare myself in case the character I chose will lead me there.

Joeynator3000

MsJubilee wrote:

As much as i love this game, i feel like they dropped the ball on the music. Everything(except the remixes) sound the same except with a different twist, they used the same World Of Light tune for everything! It's terrible. They put so much effort in the remixes which sound phenomenal! But nothing for everything else.

....Ummmm, it has always been like this.
ugh, stupid site is having server issues again. >_>

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

Amazon seems to claim this is the best selling game of the year (on amazon at least):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2018/videogames/ref=zg_...

Can that possibly be correct? I guess it may be because the sales for COD and Red Dead are divided between 2 different platforms. So those 2 might be higher overall if you combine the platforms. Especially given that COD includes PC.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

HobbitGamer

@AlternateButtons Yep. Welcome to virtual hell 😂
I’ve fought Roy for an unlock 7 times and lost. Every. Flippin. Time.
He’s a Nope button at this point. I had to go play Woodle’s Adventure to get the salt out of me.

#MudStrongs

GeoChrome

@AlternateButtons Jigglypuff with a good player or AI can go absolute beast mode. I got 4 KOs on some really good players online just with sing, then rest. It is still much better than what happened to me: I got destroyed by Peach twice while using good characters (I think one of them was Captain Falcon).
@HobbitGamer Have you used another sword-user or long ranged character against him? Those seem to work well against FE fighters.

Edited on by GeoChrome

mikegamer

@HobbitGamer I feel your pain, but with Chrom. The little turd KO'd me many a time trying to unlock him.

mikegamer

GeoChrome

@AlternateButtons Some of the buffs/debuffs are kind of ridiculous. Jigglypuff was always very strategic, but now I think the rest time was shortened. I’m kind of bummed that Captain Falcon and DK got weakened, I loved those guys in Brawl (at least I think they got debuffs). Buffing Mario and weakening Link’s down air was a smart move, though.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic