Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,507

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Gordon’s brand Fish Fillets confirmed as DLC fighter #4

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

hirokun

I am quite pleased and ready for the game. I used to play a lot with friends, but no one had a WiiU, but everyone has a Switch now. So this should be great.

I'm ready for the fishsticks character myself.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Is it weird I immediately went to the Mii studio to try and make Fishsticks??

@Cobalt ...So what? It doesn't remove anything of value from the game by changing his sprite. The "changing his historical appearence" doesn't mean anything in a video game, either. It's not like putting clothes on the Sistene Chapel

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@DarthNocturnal It's not! It's so sad. Why did September and October whiz by, but Nasty November drags?
I needs me some Ultimate. I'm coming down. My fingers are getting twitchy.

#MudStrongs

Matthew010

Can I just have something confirmed please? To unlock Pirahna Plant, do you have to preorder or is it just if you register the game to MyNintendo before January?

Matthew010

Matthew010

@Tsurii Ok thanks, because I want Piranha Plant, but don't want to preorder.

Matthew010

toiletduck

@Matthew010 you can even borrow the physical cart from a friend. They're not unique.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish I tried. It looks dumb. Not enough batter
I also haven't been able to get Filbert from Rocko's Modern Life out of my head.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

Though, he'd be more pliable and more resistant to launching power. Hmm... Down+Special to "Slather Up"?

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

Or if they jump onto you, can you swallow them whole? So many things we need to know!

#MudStrongs

Elvie

I was hoping Ultimate would have customs (now known as spirits) that would give fighters access to completely different moves based upon attacks from each of their series unlike Smash Bros. 4 where most of the fighters had variants of the same moves.

The reason I wanted this is because some characters have attacks that are either unfaithful, in others words original, or are ill-used. I understand that sometimes liberties had to be taken in order to create a viable fighter but other times we have cases like Ganondorf where he is a Captain Falcon clone through his special move set.

Does anyone think that the Spirits system could somehow remedy this by giving a fighter a Spirit based upon a different state/form of themselves that would at least restrict, if not replace, the unfaithful specials?

Elvie

HobbitGamer

So, something to remove or replace a move that doesn't seem faithful to the character's source material?
I hope there isn't. Otherwise Pirahna Plant will just stand in place, or Ness won't have PK Freeze or PK Fire.

#MudStrongs

Elvie

What I have in mind is supplying a fighter a Spirit that is actually another version of themselves like giving Kirby a Spirit based upon Mic Kirby that would replace his Down Special. Plus, Spirits are optional and they rely upon a player's decision/preferences.

Elvie

HobbitGamer

@Elvie I don't think that would work. That's alot of balancing to do. Changing PK Thunder to PK Rolling Thunder is one thing, but to replace Brick Smash with what is essentially Jigglypuff's Sleep scream attack would be problematic.

#MudStrongs

Elvie

@HobbitGamer I phrased this badly. I know adding varied custom moves would require a hefty amount of work, although I'm hoping it could happen someday, so I was trying to say restrict Kirby's down special and give him an Mic Kirby attribute in its place.

Edited on by Elvie

Elvie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic