Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 4,508

Henmii

The ending sold it for me: Yessssss, a adventure mode with a map and all (probably just like missions, but cool nonetheless)! Beautiful video, with voice-acting. And Nintendo did a theme-song again, this may be a new standard for Nintendo. I wonder if you unlock the characters that way, it isn't 100% clear.

Also missions and challenges and stuff you can buy (Spirits, music and other stuff).

No trophy's, sadly. But collectable Spirits (Stickers if you will). I guess there will be tons of them.

As for the characters: Ken looks okay, Incinerator looks like fun, Piranha plant is bonkers but cool! And there are dlc characters on the way. I wonder though if Piranha plant is also part of the fighter-pass, I guess so. I want to buy the game at a not yet decided date, and at a shop of my choosing. But if I ever buy the pass I also want Piranha plant, of course.

Overall I am excited. It looks like there is still quite some stuff for us single-players. Nintendo, I am in again!

Henmii

HobbitGamer

Just glancing at the Smash website, Spirits is a part of the adventure mode (World of Light)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DarkRula

There's already half hour extended videos of the theme. I'm sorted.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

GrailUK

Folk just want Waluigi to appease their ocd. Try to design Waluigi and all you can say is "Well..he could hit someone with a tennis racket" Sakurai has managed to make a plant work as a fighter. The man is a mad genius!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

Waluigi was gonna be in there, but Petey Piranha ate him.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Sadist

I need Smash in my veins

Hnnnggghh

Sadist

strumdrum

Nintendo STILL doesn't understand online gaming.

No way to play on a team with one of my friends in matchmaking...UNLESS he's in the room with me. Ugh.

No way to communicate with friends in game unless I use a phone. Seriously? Fortnite has showed us that in game voice chat is absolutely possible on the Switch and there's no reason Nintendo should make us use our phones.

It looks like an incredible game but it's such a shame that Nintendo has to throw a wet blanket on it with its online ineptness.

strumdrum

OfNullAndVoid

So many Infinity War jokes with that intro, here's some adjusted ones:

"I don't feel so good Dr. Mario" and "Should have gone for the hand"

But this is what I was waiting for, confirmation of a story/adventure mode. I'm hoping there'll be more cutscenes beyond the intro, but what has been shown so far will definitely keep me occupied. I'll probably stink at online matches since I'm more of a casual player, so get ready to get my collect my tag!

I actually liked Ken over Ryu, so seeing him as a echo fighter definitely pleases me. It was fun however to see him KO'd by Incineroar. Of course, not having played any pokemon since red/blue/yellow, I have absolutely no idea what to expect of him. Isn't he an evolution of one of the later starter pokemon?

And Piranha plant? I thought villager was an interesting addition to the Wii U/3DS version because of the non violent nature of the Animal Crossing series, as well as Isabelle to ultimate (same reason), but Piranha Plant takes the top spot right now for funkiest character in Smash for me. Which is probably why I can't wait to play that character.

But as I said, the adventure mode is what I was waiting for. I would have gotten the game anyway, but I felt the Wii U version lacked a solid single player mode, and seeing this I feel the game finally has one now. Can't wait to help Kirby free his friends!

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

IceClimbers

I'm excited! Ken looks great of course while Incineroar looks fun. Piranha Plant made me spit my coffee out in laughter. Just such a left field character lol

Very curious to see who the 5 DLC fighters in the pass will be.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

HobbitGamer

Honestly, I’ve not used voice chat on Fortnite at all. If keeping voice out helps optimize the online play, I don’t mind the lack of chat. Did Smash 4 have voice chat?

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

@OfNullAndVoid Incineroar is the final evolution of the Sun/Moon starter Litten so yeah, recent (2016). Continues the pattern of a Pokemon from the latest generation being in Smash (Pikachu + Jigglypuff in 64, Pichu in Melee, Lucario in Brawl, Greninja in 3DS/Wii U).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

@Henmii Nintendo's website says Piranha Plant won't be part of the fighter pass. It doesn't matter what shop you buy the game from though (as you said you want to buy it at a shop of your choosing), you get PP for free as long as you buy the game before the end of January.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Quarth

Wow! This game is HUGE! A little bit more hyped now.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

HobbitGamer

Tsurii wrote:

What would voice chat even add to Smash? Yay, now I can hear the neckbeards talk smack about my mother while they show me how little of a life they have playing Smash all day long!! 😊

Pretty much my thoughts. That, or hear a bunch of hollerin' and yellin'. I'm gonna do that on my own, I don't need it in my ear. I only want silence as I mete out indiscriminate justice

#MudStrongs

Joeynator3000

...Now I'm wondering, will it end with just the 6 DLC characters? Will there be another Fighters Pass? Or what about DLC characters that are outside the Pass like Piranha?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

-Green-

Incineroar in Smash looks much better than he does in Pokemon, for obvious reasons. I always thought he looked stiff and lifeless, and it gave me costume mascot vibes. His model and animations are so much more lively and appealing, that I, despite my negative bias, actually really like him now.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

RR529

Looks awesome.

I'm a bit bummed at the lack of trophies, but Spirits look like they could be a decent enough collectable (hopefully they still have character background lore to read like trophies).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Joeynator3000

.....goes back to corner T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

The-Nate

THE 31ST CHROMIDIUM WARRIOR IS READY TO KICK SOME SHINE IN THE WORLD OF LIGHT

Bren McGuire DLC, coming

[del]never[del]

(continues to weep for Bren's presence)