Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 4,508

Platinum777

Hey, I’m not sure if anyone else noticed, but since Chrom is here, what will happen to Robins final smash? I looked around and couldn’t find any footage of it anywhere. So obviously his must be changed, but that made me think, for any of the other characters who don’t have footage of their final smashes, could they have something to do with an upcoming character? (Young link for example, and many people theorizing that skull kid will have something to do with it)

Platinum777

SKTTR

What do you think about the 2 new Pokémon that have potentially been leaked?
Guardevoir and Gothitelle as her echo.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

EvilLucario

I like Gardevoir a ton (although Gallade is better imo), but... that's an exceedingly bizarre choice. Not sure what to think of it.

But regardless if it's likely or not, I think I'd enjoy a playable Gardevoir.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Still crushed that we probably aren't going to get a Heart of Fire remix in Ultimate. Instead we have Don't Wait Until Night... hopefully it also combines Heart of Fire like they did in Aria of Sorrow/Harmony of Despair.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RaphaBoss

@SKTTR I think all of those are better options though...

RaphaBoss

SKTTR

EvilLucario wrote:

I like Gardevoir a ton (although Gallade is better imo), but... that's an exceedingly bizarre choice. Not sure what to think of it.

But regardless if it's likely or not, I think I'd enjoy a playable Gardevoir.

Not a very suprising outcome for me if true.
She is a fighter in Pokémon Tekken and she was high up in the ballot for Smash 4.
If true I'm glad, I like both.

Edited on by SKTTR

RaphaBoss

@ReaderRagfish ikr? Never knew of it too.

I really don't want Gardevoir as it would be another floaty psychic type like mewtwo, I'd rather have something diferent( but that's just me).

Edited on by RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss

Platinum777 wrote:

Hey, I’m not sure if anyone else noticed, but since Chrom is here, what will happen to Robins final smash? I looked around and couldn’t find any footage of it anywhere. So obviously his must be changed, but that made me think, for any of the other characters who don’t have footage of their final smashes, could they have something to do with an upcoming character? (Young link for example, and many people theorizing that skull kid will have something to do with it)

@Platinum777

They will probably substitute Chom for somebody else, could be Morgan ( Robin's son/daughter), or maybe just a diferent final smash.

RaphaBoss

SKTTR

I had to make three different Most Wanted Fighters Smash Top 10's.
One for my Personal dreams, one for the Fan wishes, and one for the Surprises.

Top 10 - Personal dreams

1. Chibi-Robo
Starred in at least two of my highest rated games of all time, Chibi-Robo! (Gamecube) 10/10 and Chibi-Robo! Park Patrol (Nintendo DS) 10/10. While his latest game Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Nintendo 3DS) 7/10 wasn't great, the action-platformer gave Chibi-Robo plenty abilities that make him finally work as a Smash fighter. Also, his small size doesn't seem to be a problem, since he is about the same size as Olimar. I wanted him in Smash since Brawl because his debut game on the Gamecube was so much fun.
He was one of the best new IP's that debuted on the Gamecube, alongside Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and WarioWare (who are all represented).

2. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Also featured in my 10/10 review book, seeing my beloved Elma from the epic Xenoblade Chronicles X fighting in Smash would make my heart stop for a bit. Fighting in Noctilum stage with "Wir Fliegen" as a music track would get my Smash spirits high.

3. Isa (Sin And Punishment)
The Sin And Punishment series consists of two high quality 3rd person shooters made by Treasure and published by Nintendo. It's cult following, mostly hardcore shoot'em up fans, still play these overlooked classics religiously. I love the action and music, and dig the story and have even been into the online highscore chasing for a while.

4. Kachi (Sin And Punishment)
Echo Fighter of Isa. Quick way to implement another cool Sin And Punishment / Treasure representative. And I wouldn't mind if they take Saki and Airan (from the original N64 game) instead.

5. Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers)
The main heroine robot Ultra Cyborg G from Mischief Makers (1997, Nintendo 64). Again, created by Treasure (in co-operation with Enix) and published by Nintendo. One of my favourite games and characters of all time.

6. Goemon (Mystical Ninja)
I know chances are slim now that Konami has 3 reps in (Snake, Simon, Richter) but he was always my favourite Konami character. I enjoyed playing through the challenging Mystical Ninja on the SNES and loved Mystical Ninja on the N64. I still listen to the music of the series and would buy HD remakes and collections of the old games for Switch.

7. Ark (Terranigma)
I know that if we're getting another Square Enix rep, it's more likely a Dragon Quest character (because its as popular as Final Fantasy in Japan) or Geno, but I have my own list of personal Square Enix characters. The first one is Ark from Terranigma, the best SNES action-RPG that barely anyone has played. Playing on the underworld stage with the best music tracks of the series would be the most nostalgic thing ever. Right behind him is...

8. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Again, this character, a stage and music from that series alone would make a million Chrono Trigger fans pick up the game. If I wasn't a fan of Smash I would still pick it up because it has Chrono Trigger in it. And to complete the Square Enix triforce...

9. Randi (Secret of Mana)
I needed to google it up, but that's apparently the default name of the hero from Secret of Mana. I'm sure this fighter, a stage, and music from the series will make Secret of Mana fans fall from their seats, me included.

10. Peppy (Starfox)
Since we have Fox and Falco, I would really love to see and play as Peppy as well. At least as an Echo of Fox.

11. Slippy (Starfox)
Sorry, I had to include an 11th one, couldn't leave Slippy out. Had to make the Starfox team complete. Slippy as an Echo of Falco! It would work, they controlled all the same on foot anyway (when unlocked in Starfox 64). I know Peppy is old, and Slippy is weak, but since they all have the same gear on they wouldn't feel out of place with similar abilities. Apart from that even old and weak rabbits and frogs can jump very fast and high.

Top 10 - Fan wishes

1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
Fan Favourite! Hero of the Golden Sun RPG series on the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. Camelot rep that was very high up in the ballot for Smash 4. I played through Golden Sun but don't feel as attached to it or Isaac as to many other RPGs on this list. But his fans are probably dedicated enough to be heard. It almost feels inevitable that he's a fighter for Smash Ultimate - but maybe it's just the fans that are very noisy at the moment.

2. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Fan Favourite! Little sidekick that is somehow extremely popular and has another loud fanbase. Geno is also liked by Sakurai. So he could make it this time. Was also a costume in Smash 4. I didn't think he was very memorable when 99%ing Super Mario RPG (damn invisible missable 1% in the beginning of the game).

3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Some people think she would be a good Diddy Echo, but I think she might be too different. For some reason I think Lanky Kong would make a more natural Diddy Echo. I would like too see Dixie as well, she's the third DKC hero after all, and debuted in one of the best 2D platformers ever made.

4. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
I personally think it's too early for them to be in the game, for spoiling Mythra and not having a Xenoblade Chronicles X rep first. There was a Dunban costume in Smash 4, so keep that in mind as well.

5. Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
Heavily rumoured, high up on the ballots for Smash 4. But other Zelda characters like Impa, True Midna, Ruto, Fi, Urbosa, Tetra, Ghirahim, Zant, Darunia, Groose, and Tingle want a piece of Smash as well. At least hints pointing to Zelda's Echo being Hilda from A Link Between Worlds.

6. Flint (Earthbound)
Hasn't been discovered as an Assist Trophy yet and is not in the Final Smash for Lucas, so there's still a chance. Could be a Lucas Echo? Ninten is also romoured to be a Ness Echo, which I think is great.

7. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Since Samurai Goroh is deconfirmed and makes an appearance as an Assist Trophy, a new F-Zero fighter or Captain Falcon Echo could be Black Shadow. Some say Blood Falcon because he's literally a clone, but I think Black Shadow is the more interesting choice, and he is the boss in F-Zero GX and the mangas, so he would fulfil another villain role from a series that has none yet.

8. Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic The Hedehog)
This is the perfect Echo for Sonic. I'd love a Radical Highway stage, and tracks like White Jungle, Throw It All Away, and Supporting Me running on that stage. He was once considered a villain, so that's covered as well. He's my favourite character from the Sonic universe as well and I love that he could be in the game so easily.

9. King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
The plump Echo of Little Mac. One of the most iconic villains in the Punch-Out series. Mr. Dream was just a bland Tyson substitute and most players never got so far to fight him. I heard other people suggesting Glass Joe, but come on. Who would want to play as a weak loser? Why have the worst Punch-Out character as a second rep from this franchise? Even Doc Louis (the trainer) would make a far better fighter.

10. Professor Layton
I don't know how he would operate in Smash as he's supposed to use his brains instead of his muscles, but I love how he operates in his own games. Maybe he can use some of his machines and gimmicks from the story cutscenes? I know he's the best Level-5 rep, but he always felt like a Nintendo character anyway, so I wouldn't mind him joining.

Rest in Peace:

11. Pauline (Donkey Kong / Super Mario Odyssey)
Deconfirmed, as she appears in the new stage "New Donk City", but considered for next game.

12. Krystal (Starfox)
Deconfirmed, as she appears as an Assist Trophy, but considered for next game.

13. Waluigi (Mario Tennis)
Deconfirmed. Assist Trophy. Considered for next game. Or trolling us all and still gets in somehow.

14. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
Assist Trophy again.

Top 10 - Surprises

1. Steve (Minecraft)
Microsoft rep! Minecraft is one of the all-time greats in the videogame industry. It's popular in Japan as much as in the rest of the world. The Wii U and Switch versions of Minecraft even received the exclusive Mario Mash Up Pack. Steve would be an extraordinary fighter with his ability to build blocks everywhere. Tough decision between this and...

2. Banjo-Kazooie
Another Microsoft-rep! Extremely beloved Rareware icons of the N64 era from some of the best 3D platformers ever made. The second tier can go home now. Yeah, I mean Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Rayman. Sorry to sound harsh, but Banjo has every right to be included before any of those.

3. Tetromino (Tetris)
A fighting Tetris block! Tetris is another one of the all-time greats in the videogame history and Tetris music has been in Smash games for a long time now. Also, please bring back Tetrisphere (and all of its music)!

4. Miyu (Starfox 2)
Starfox 2 was released just recently. It had two new playable characters added to the original Starfox team. Miyu was one of them and would make a perfect surprise addition. Her Echo could be the other new Starfox 2 character...

5. Fay (Starfox 2)
Echo for Miyu. There's a also the possibility that Kat (from Starfox 64 and other Starfox games) makes it in.

6. Toad
Captain Toad can't jump because of his heavy backpack, but Toad (and Toadette) can! Toad is a popular Mario character since his first playable appearances in Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988) and Wario's Woods (1993). He is probably the next best addition from the Mario universe now that Pauline and Waluigi are deconfirmed.

7. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Big Surprise! Suda51/Grasshopper rep.

8. Dragonborn (Skyrim)
Some say the DOOM Marine would be a better Bethesda rep. I leave that up to you. Wishing for both of them only ends up in disappointment.

9. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate)
Comes in 8 different costumes. The only other huge Capcom franchise is Resident Evil, but do you really think Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine could be Smash fighters? Not as popular in sales but equally loved by its fans, Capcom also has Phoenix Wright under its wings. He would appear in my Personal dreams list at #12 (but that was meant to be a Top 10, so he didn't make the cut).

10. Zael (The Last Story)
The Last Story was one of Wii's Super-JRPG Triple Pack (next to Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower). Created by Final Fantasy director and musician, this was the favourite of the three games by many. Even though all 3 games were fantastic, Xenoblade was the only one to get really popular. If you ask me, Zael should have been a fighter in Smash as well. In my eyes he deserved to be added alongside Shulk. Even Aeron from Pandora's Tower should have also made the cut. Those two also would make my personal Top 20.

The rest Wouldn't be very surprising I think, but nevertheless are welcomed:

11. Animal Crossing
Echo of Villager. 8 different animal characters, one of them being Isabelle, others being fan favourites such as Tom Nook.

12. Ken (Street Fighter)
Echo for Ryu.

13. Guardevoir (Pokémon)
This was possibly leaked along with...

14. Gothitelle (Pokémon)
Echo for Guardevoir.

15. Mecha-Ridley (Metroid)
The Mecha-Ridley costume we saw is not one of Ridley's 8 colors. Must be Ridley's Echo then.

16. Octoling (Splatoon)
Inkling Echo.

17. Funky Kong
Donkey Kong Echo.

18. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Palutena Echo.

19. Spring Man (ARMS)
Nintendo's newest franchise's main character seems pretty obvious.

20. Heihachi (Tekken)
Second Namco rep (after Pac-Man). Was a costume in Smash 4. I'd rather have a rep from Soul Calibur which I like far more than Tekken. Link from Zelda was included as a fighter in the Gamecube version of Soul Calibur II, so it only makes sense to have a Soul Calibur fighter taking revenge on Link in Smash. ^^

Is there anyone important I missed this time? Any last words for Ashley (Another Code/Trace Memory), Oceana Louvier (Endless Ocean) and Doshin The Giant? I heard Custom Robo is still very popular in Japan.

Edited on by SKTTR

SKTTR

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Isaac was high up in the ballot? When was that confirmed?

I don't know when. Basically, the results of the ballot were reflected in the Characters and Costumes that came out as DLC for SSB4. And for SSBU, many of the Costumes and even Assist Trophys from SSB4 turned into fighters.

The fanbase never gave up on Isaac. He was an Assist Trophy in SSB4 and is not confirmed to appear as an Assist Trophy in SSBU yet. This could be an indication that he was upgraded to fighter status.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. He was only AT in Brawl, then disappered in Wii U. Something bad must happened after the release of Golden Sun for DS.

Edited on by SKTTR

SuperLuigi111

My top 3 fan picks for fighters are:

-Shadow
-Dr. Luigi
-Slippy Toad

To be honest, I'm shocked the first two aren't in the game.

SuperLuigi111

Grumblevolcano

It'll be interesting to see how Xenoblade is handled in Smash Ultimate. Quite a lot has happened with the franchise since Smash 4. I think we'll see at least some XCX and XC2 music as well as Elma playable in addition to the Smash 4 content already confirmed.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I would be so thrilled to see Isaac. Golden Sun is arguably the reason I got into JRPGs. (or to more exact, why I kept playing them)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haruki_NLI

@SKTTR He wasn't an assist trophy in 4. He was in Brawl, but on the move to 4 they removed all but one reference to the series which was a music track.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

@SKTTR It's already been pointed out that Isaac's AT was removed in SSB4. This, combined with his status as an unlockable AT in SSBB (we did not know about it until people had the game in their hands), the absence of anything so far isn't so hopeful as we may want to believe.

The only thing really going for Isaac this time is the Ballot, and if Sakurai took note of his place in the Ballot, then his absence so far might be more interesting. But I don't want to get hopes up too high here. I've been burnt twice hoping for him in a Smash game, and the SSB4 burn was the worst.

@Knuckles-Fajita True, except for one detail. An additional track from the series was added in SSB4 - the overworld theme from Dark Dawn.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Every Smash Ultimate fighter not in Smash 4 so far except maybe Daisy and Richter I think is a result of the Smash Ballot.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

Did Dark Samus score high?

As for Elma from Xenoblade X... eh. I would still be really happy and flip my crap if she got in, but the characters from X aren't really that interesting, even after you finish all of their affinity missions.

I'd try to main her though, because Xenoblade X is fantastic.

SKTTR

Thanks for the heads up @Knuckles-Fajita and @Harmonie
It seems that after the lukewarm reception of Golden Sun 3, Isaac's chances began to crumble.

Oh, I can take Samurai Goroh also off the list (didn't realise he's already a confirmed AT), so that makes more room for Blood Falcon and Black Shadow.

Assist Trophies since Brawl:

[Advance Wars] Advance Wars (Brawl) -> Advance Wars (Wii U) -> ?
[Starfox] Andross (Brawl) -> Andross (Wii U) -> Andross (Ultimate)
[Jam with the Band] Barbara (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[Devil World] Devil (Brawl) -> Devil (Wii U) -> ?
[Sim City] Dr. Wright (Brawl) -> Dr. Wright (Wii U) -> Dr. Wright (Ultimate)
[Excitebike] Excitebike (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[Metal Gear] Gray Fox (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> Gray Fox (Ultimate)
[Super Mario] Hammer Bro. (Brawl) -> Hammer Bro. (Wii U) -> Hammer Bro. (Ultimate)
[Kuru Kuru Kururin] Helirin (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[Golden Sun] Isaac (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[Earthbound] Jeff (Brawl) -> Jeff (Wii U) -> Jeff (Ultimate)
[Drill Dozer] Jill (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[WarioWare] Kat & Ana (Brawl) -> Kat & Ana (Wii U) -> ?
[Kirby] Knuckle Joe (Brawl) -> Knuckle Joe (Wii U) -> Knuckle Joe (Ultimate)
[Super Mario] Lakitu (Brawl) -> Lakitu (Wii U) -> ?
[Punch-Out!!] Little Mac (Brawl) -> Fighter in Wii U -> Fighter in Ultimate
[Fire Emblem] Lyn (Brawl) -> Lyn (Wii U) -> Lyn (Ultimate)
[Metroid] Metroid (Brawl) -> Metroid (Wii U) -> Metroid (Ultimate)
[Animal Crossing] Mr. Resetti (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[Nintendogs] Nintendog (Brawl) -> Nintendog (Wii U) -> Nintendog (Ultimate)
[Custom Robo] Ray MK II (Brawl) -> NA (Wii U) -> ?
[Sin And Punishment] Saki Amamiya (Brawl) -> Saki Amamiya (Wii U) -> ?
[F-Zero] Samurai Goroh (Brawl) -> Samurai Goroh (Wii U) -> Samurai Goroh (Ultimate)
[Sonic] Shadow (Brawl) -> Shadow (Wii U) -> ?
[Starfy] Starfy (Brawl) -> Starfy (Wii U) -> Starfy (Ultimate)
[Zelda] Tingle (Brawl) -> Tingle (Wii U) -> ?
[Super Mario] Waluigi (Brawl) -> Waluigi (Wii U) -> Waluigi (Ultimate)

Newcomers in Wii U:

[WarioWare] Ashley (Wii U) -> Ashley (Ultimate)
[Super Mario] Chain Chomp (Wii U) -> ?
[Retro] Color TV-Game 15 (Wii U) -> Color TV-Game 15 (Ultimate)
[Metroid] Dark Samus (Wii U) -> Fighter in Ultimate
[Dillon's Rolling Western] Dillon (Wii U) -> ?
[Brain Age] Dr. Kawashima (Wii U) -> Dr. Kawashima (Ultimate)
[Mega Man] Elec Man (Wii U) -> ?
[Zelda] Ghirahim (Wii U) -> Ghirahim (Ultimate)
[Pac-Man] Ghosts (Wii U) -> Ghosts (Ultimate)
[Animal Crossing] Isabelle (Wii U) -> ?
[Kid Icarus] Magnus (Wii U) -> ?
[Zelda] Midna (Wii U) -> Midna (Ultimate)
[Metroid] Mother Brain (Wii U) -> Mother Brain (Ultimate)
[Kirby] Nightmare (Wii U) -> ?
[Kid Icarus] Phosphora (Wii U) -> ?
[Xenoblade] Riki (Wii U) -> Riki (Ultimate)
[Kaeru No Tame Ni Kane Wa Naru] Sablé Prince (Wii U) -> ?
[Retro] Sheriff (Wii U) -> Sheriff (Ultimate)
[Zelda] Skull Kid (Wii U) -> ?
[Earthbound] Starman (Wii U) -> Starman (Ultimate)
[The Mysterious Murasame Castle] Takamaru (Wii U) -> Takamaru (Ultimate)

Newcomers in Ultimate:

[Castlevania] Alucard (Ultimate)
[Nintendo Badge Arcade] Arcade Bunny (Ultimate)
[Bomberman] Bomberman (Ultimate)
[Pikmin] Burrowing Snagnet (Ultimate)
[Kirby] Chef Kawasaki (Ultimate)
[Animal Crossing] Kapp'n (Ultimate)
[Donkey Kong] Klap Trap (Ultimate)
[Sonic] Knuckles (Ultimate)
[Starfox] Krystal (Ultimate)
[Zelda] Moon (Ultimate)
[Swapnote] Nikki (Ultimate)
[Monster Hunter] Rathalos (Ultimate)
[Bayonetta] Rodin (Ultimate)
[Shovel Knight] Shovel Knight (Ultimate)
[Splatoon] Squid Sisters (Ultimate)
[Joy Mech Fight] Sukapon (Ultimate)
[Mega Man] Zero (Ultimate)

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario The Direct said that both Chrom and Dark Samus were highly requested. Inklings, Ridley, Simon Belmont and King K Rool are obvious. Some of the veterans missing from Smash 4 are pretty obvious too, probably enough to push the "Everyone is Here" approach.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic