Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,651

DarthNocturnal

@ValhallaOutcast

True enough, haha. But I was still surprised that they'd let one of their flagship series show up on another console. Even if it is just a skin pack (well, and textures and music).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

EvilLucario

@kkslider5552000 Samus has the Echo Visor to beat the crap out of Dark Samus though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

LordHammar

Is it just me or should Nintendo not redo the young link so that he turns into deku link, goron link, zora link and as final smash fierce deity link?

LordHammar

meleebrawler

@LordHammar What point is there in Zora Link in a game where swimming is incredibly barebones at best? And to be frank, each form doesn't exactly have enough to offer a complete moveset, even with a special removed for switching.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Snaplocket

@meleebrawler I'm pretty sure the only reason Pokemon Trainer was brought back is because a lot of fans demanded him/her in and Sakurai didn't want to spend the time or effort creating a unique move-set.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

MisterPi

@LordHammar I would absolutely love that. If they wanted to go whole hog they could even have each transformation act as pretty much a new character, like Sheik and Zelda pre-SSBU/3DS. What is Young Link's final smash, anyway? Surely it should incorporate Fierce Deity?

MisterPi

Yosheel

@Snaplocket I'm pretty sure the only reason pokemon trainer is back is because you can't say "everyone is back!" without bringing everyone back.

I'm surprised they reverted him back to a changing character though, and that they unfortunaly kept the down special as the method to switch (they could have used shield+b like the inkling does to recharge ink).

About young link. This is actually the ocarina version of him. He doesn't have the masks yet.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GoldenGamer88

@Nintendo_Nut Just put the link in your sig, like I have...

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

DarthNocturnal

Now I want an alt Young Link costume with the Gilded Sword and Terminian Mirror Shield. An awesome looking weapon, and one of my favorite MM sidequests.

MisterPi

@Yosheel That's so lame. With the needless amount of Links, they should really do something to differentiate them more.

MisterPi

DarthNocturnal

Actually, if this is Young Link pre-MM... where'd he get the Bow and Fire Arrows?

Yosheel

@DarthNocturnal from the same places adult Link got them. Obviously.

Giving him age-appropiate gear would involve actually making a unique moveset, shhhh

Tbh it would've been SO easy to give him the majoras mask equipment and call it a day, but for some reason they decided not to. It would've doubled as the Majora's Mask Zelda character too, that way every Zelda characer in smash would be from a different game.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

I was under the impression that all adult-only gear was sealed upon reverting to childhood. But upon further inspection, his bow in Ultimate is, in fact, the Fairy Bow from OoT.

I'm still hoping for a Fierce Deity Final Smash though. Doing Triforce Slash would be kinda weird, I guess. Let Toon Link have it.

Nintendo_Nut

Thanks for letting me know.

https://discord.gg/dDAsggG
Hi everyone! I host a Discord server for fans of Nintendo Switch! we're a relatively small but growing server, join! we play games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Arms, Fortnite, Rocket League & Minecraft and many more

meleebrawler

Yosheel wrote:

@Snaplocket I'm pretty sure the only reason pokemon trainer is back is because you can't say "everyone is back!" without bringing everyone back.

I'm surprised they reverted him back to a changing character though, and that they unfortunaly kept the down special as the method to switch (they could have used shield+b like the inkling does to recharge ink).

About young link. This is actually the ocarina version of him. He doesn't have the masks yet.

You're basically asking them to create a three-in-one character with absolutely no drawbacks. Their problem has never been a lack of a fourth special, it was their stamina, poorly thought out type matchups and being generally mediocre. Just buff all three to reasonable levels and use the horsepower of the Switch to make switching mid-fight doable, is all they need. And for those crying about Charizard losing his Rock Smash, just switch to Squirtle and use his speed to get out of trouble, or Withdraw if it still resists attacks.

MisterPi

It's not like making a final smash is something that requires extensive balancing, anyway. Especially in Ultimate where most of them are just insta kills.

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Yosheel

@DarthNocturnal We can pretend this Link went back to the past and cheated his way into the forest temple and other places to get the equipment as a kid.

Eh! My gameplay videos

LordHammar

@meleebrawler Zora Link uses kung fu and is the best fighter in Majoras's mask.
And it's easy to make a list of attacks to them, I can make one if you want.

LordHammar

meleebrawler

You know, when they said they made every character more expressive than before, it's impressive that they even pulled this off with Ridley. It's most evident in his trailer, but it also shows in his applause, where he has an expression that shows he's doing so VERY grudgingly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic