Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,651

Yosheel

If I remember correctly, the wiiu also had problems with the ice climbers on 8 player smash.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Megas75

Only real gripe I can say is that there are lots of characters i’d love to see be playable characters being made as assist trophies like Lyn, Krystal, Knuckles, etc., but I take that more as Sakurai trying to compromise considering he said there won’t be many newcomers this time around. On the other SNAKE IS BACK

Alright now I need a new character to support, i’d Love simon Belmont

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

DarthNocturnal

Isaac from Golden Sun remains my top pick.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Same here. Him, Chibi-Robo, and Dillon are probably my top three characters at this point.

link3710

EvilLucario

Issac and Rex + Pyra/Mythra are all I need. Come on Camelot, give us Golden Sun 4!

Echo Fighters make me extremely hyped though. I'd love to see Shadow for Sonic, Raiden for Snake, Ninten for Ness, Ken for Ryu, Zero/Proto Man for Mega Man, Jeanne for Bayonetta, and Dark Samus for Samus.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Snaplocket

@Megas75 I'm pretty sure "not many newcomers" just means there will only be 10 at most as opposed to 12 like the previous games (unique newcomers anyway).

@EvilLucario The chances for Issac and K. Rool are debatable. Sure, Ridley got in but every Smash game had at least one big in the West character to show up. We only saw two real newcomers so far and Inkling was pretty much a given.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Dysnomia

I’d really like to see a stage set on Sakurai’s desk and/or a Sakurai fighter.

Eapecially a good tribute if this is really his last game. This time I believe it, this is the culmination of everything he has done with the series. It really can’t get much bigger and keep all of the 3rd party characters.

It is really an “Ultimate” state of video games. There aren’t just a ton more that could be added outside of smaller fan bases, maybe a few more 3rd party characters (ie Crash, Conker)

Listen to my band at http://www.slowrecovery.com

Switch Friend Code: SW-2327-0425-6807 | My Nintendo: 101katie | Nintendo Network ID: Dysnomia

Aozz101x

Isabelle isnt confirmed as an Assist Trophy yet. maybe shell be an echo fighter for villager?

Aozz101x

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

Grumblevolcano

I think the Smash 4 ballot may have played a big role in the roster for Smash Ultimate regarding characters not in Smash 4. If you take out the joke requests like Shrek and Goku you're probably left with the characters confirmed at E3 as well as characters like Isaac and King K Rool.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think the Smash 4 ballot may have played a big role in the roster for Smash Ultimate regarding characters not in Smash 4. If you take out the joke requests like Shrek and Goku you're probably left with the characters confirmed at E3 as well as characters like Isaac and King K Rool.

I would of been shocked if Inklings weren't included regardless of the ballot, it's become such a big for Nintendo that it would amazing for it to be ignored.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

meleebrawler

If Nintendo vs. Capcom isn't in the near future, having Monster Hunter alongside Mega Man & Ryu would be a great tribute to three of their biggest franchises.

Oh, and Octolings were made to be echos for Inklings. For reference, here's a scale of how "clone-y" a character is;

1. Palette Swap: Absolutely no difference other than appearance. (Alph, Koopalings)
2. Echo Fighter: Identical moveset and physical attributes, but moves themselves have different stats or effects (Daisy, Lucina, Dark Pit)
3. Semi-clone: Varying amount of distinct moves, but at least one. In addition to different move attributes, may also have things like different movement speed or weight (Falco, Ganondorf, Pichu, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Toon Link, Roy).

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

link3710

@meleebrawler Having seen Ganondorf in action, does he even count as a semi-clone these days? He only shares four moves with the good captain as far as I can tell. And on the note of Echoes, echoes typically either have stat changes that make them non-competitive (so balancing isn't messed with, i.e. making Lucina more beginner friendly by spreading the damage along her sword) or only have a different final smash (Dark Pit, and I'd wager Daisy will be in this boat too. Doesn't affect competitive balancing since Final Smashes are banned there.) since we know that Echo fighters don't get separately balanced from the person they're copied from, I don't think we'll see any changes outside of those categories.

link3710

Elvie

@link3710 I think his down aerial is actually a Super Mario World reference when Mario does that Cape Spiral attack.His down aerial was originally his down+B in Melee which was before Galaxy.

His up+B with Cappy is only cosmetic and I was hoping a Odyssey based move would replace the Sunshine down+B because 70% of the time it is not practical for use.

I want to add that changing Mario's move set really isn't at the top of my list for move set updates but I mentioned him because it would be kind of a cool thing to see.

Elvie

Snaplocket

@link3710 While most of the semi clones have fairly different move-sets, they still feel VERY similar in terms of playstyle.

TheTetrisGuy

My top hopes are still Captain Toad and Banjo. Please Nintendo 😭

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Snaplocket

@TheTetrisGuy For Banjo to get in, Microsoft must no longer own him.

DarthNocturnal

@Snaplocket

Do they no longer own Halo then? Minecraft on Switch got the Halo mash-up pack.

Also, several Rare games (a few Banjo games among them) were officially published for GBA and DS, while Rare was still owned by Microsoft.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

kkslider5552000

If this game doesn't bring in Dark Samus and someone from Shadows of Valentia as Echo Fighters, I'm calling missed opportunity.

...someone will get this joke, I hope.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic