Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2

Posts 141 to 160 of 179

redd214

@toiletduck you need a capacitive stylus, there are fancy ones but you can get by with s $5 one from Amazon.

redd214

MysticGengar

Don't mind me. Just hoping for amiibo comatability.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Arbor

whatever the future new game style is, i really hope it's mario 64 or mario galaxy. how awesome would it be to design your own mini mario planet?!

Arbor

Late

I've seen that there's been some confusion regarding the multiplayer options in Super Mario Maker 2 and just wanted to say the eShop listing shows it's 1-4 players on same device and 2-4 local wireless and online. In other words, how one would expect it to be. Also find it funny that they have to specify that the preorder stylus cannot be used with the Switch while it's docked.

I can't use one of the vouchers to purchase the special edition which includes the stylus and NSO subscription, can I? Would have been nice if it were the case. I'll buy the vouchers but I'm not sure if I'll use one on Mario Maker yet since there's a chance they have 70€ games coming later this year. I'd rather save 20€ a game instead of 10€.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

DarthNocturnal

Seeing as how they aren't ruling out styles with more unique rules, a SMB2 and Super Mario Land style would be sweet.

I wonder if they'd consider a Super Paper Mario style...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Joeynator3000

I think SMB2 USA is the most likely style to happen next, but if they're going to go all out....Yoshi's island. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Plexagon

Just want to comment about people complaining about the fact that this game requires NSO for its online subscription. I don't understand why they are so mad. This is an online-focused game that will attract lots of people. If they don't make the online features require NSO, they are losing like millions of dollars. If every other game with online functions requires online, then why are so many people made about this game requiring the NSO Subscription. This is an online-focused game, why wouldn't you need the online service?

Hello my dudes. Why do I get stuck waving cages around while Piranha Plant gets all the fun?

Mountain_Man

Is it confirmed that level sharing will be locked behind a paywall? Or is it just multiplayer?

Because if it's required for basic level sharing then that reeeeeally sucks.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Joeynator3000

I just hate that sharing levels requires NSO, just like Smash Ultimate's custom stages.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Purgatorium

I'm hyped about this game but that NSO requirement to share levels might be a deal breaker. I know it's cheap but SMM2 would be the only reason I subscribe and I couldn't do it out of principle. Pay full price for a first party game and then pay continuously just to use it? I just can't.

So disappointing. This game looks great.

Purgatorium

RazorWind

Ah, I thought it might for uploading levels. I wonder if you'll need Online to download them, too.

RazorWind

toiletduck

Late wrote:

I've seen that there's been some confusion regarding the multiplayer options in Super Mario Maker 2 and just wanted to say the eShop listing shows it's 1-4 players on same device and 2-4 local wireless and online. In other words, how one would expect it to be. Also find it funny that they have to specify that the preorder stylus cannot be used with the Switch while it's docked.

I'm not sure whether that says anything. Two things are confirmed in the direct:
1) local co-op on one device for level creation (1-4 players same device)
2) use separate devices, either locally or online, to play levels together (2-4 local wireless or online)

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but playing levels together on 1 device is all but confirmed with your post. I sure hope you're right though.

toiletduck

Late

@toiletduck My bad. Totally forgot that building levels together was a thing. I still hope co-op is possible on one decice. Competitive really needs multiple screens to work, unless they do split screen which I very much doubt.

I was walking to work today and had some fun realizations. You could create a level based around Mario 64 level like Bob-omb Battlefield and upload it multiple times with different winning conditions. Defeat King Bob-omb, collect 100 coins, collect 8 red coins, etc. Could be fun.

I also created a Bubble Bobble stage in Mario Maker once and it would work even better now that we have clear pipes. They can replicate the screen wrapping effect.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Skid

I just want to clam some people down and some wrong information that is being put on youtube videos.

Proof tiny pipes are just ground blocks.

The tiny pipes in SMB3 are just ground blocks in the forest theme. Just think pipe land.

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S+0 | RM: S+1 | CB: A+

rallydefault

@Purgatorium
I just wanna be clear: I think you're being a little ridiculous, but I also think it's awesome you're sticking to your convictions. It's good to see people actually willing to not buy into these console online systems. I was weak and gave in lol

(I've gotten more than my 20 bucks worth this year, even if just through the free NES games I would've ended up paying a few bucks a pop for, but I do think it's cool you're not gonna give in.)

rallydefault

Fowlersrs

Cant understand why people are so tight over NSO. It's so cheap...

Fowlersrs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic