Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2

Posts 141 to 160 of 385

toiletduck

Late wrote:

I've seen that there's been some confusion regarding the multiplayer options in Super Mario Maker 2 and just wanted to say the eShop listing shows it's 1-4 players on same device and 2-4 local wireless and online. In other words, how one would expect it to be. Also find it funny that they have to specify that the preorder stylus cannot be used with the Switch while it's docked.

I'm not sure whether that says anything. Two things are confirmed in the direct:
1) local co-op on one device for level creation (1-4 players same device)
2) use separate devices, either locally or online, to play levels together (2-4 local wireless or online)

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but playing levels together on 1 device is all but confirmed with your post. I sure hope you're right though.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Late

@toiletduck My bad. Totally forgot that building levels together was a thing. I still hope co-op is possible on one decice. Competitive really needs multiple screens to work, unless they do split screen which I very much doubt.

I was walking to work today and had some fun realizations. You could create a level based around Mario 64 level like Bob-omb Battlefield and upload it multiple times with different winning conditions. Defeat King Bob-omb, collect 100 coins, collect 8 red coins, etc. Could be fun.

I also created a Bubble Bobble stage in Mario Maker once and it would work even better now that we have clear pipes. They can replicate the screen wrapping effect.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Skid

I just want to clam some people down and some wrong information that is being put on youtube videos.

Proof tiny pipes are just ground blocks.

The tiny pipes in SMB3 are just ground blocks in the forest theme. Just think pipe land.

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

rallydefault

@Purgatorium
I just wanna be clear: I think you're being a little ridiculous, but I also think it's awesome you're sticking to your convictions. It's good to see people actually willing to not buy into these console online systems. I was weak and gave in lol

(I've gotten more than my 20 bucks worth this year, even if just through the free NES games I would've ended up paying a few bucks a pop for, but I do think it's cool you're not gonna give in.)

rallydefault

Fowlersrs

Cant understand why people are so tight over NSO. It's so cheap...

Fowlersrs

LawnChairMan

@TheAwesomeBowser Most of the things you so is correct but the virtual console argument. THis is superior to virtual console since you pay a lot less to get NES games. Mind you Nintendo does need to make this Netflix like service on par with virtual console by adding more games form other consoles to the mix

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

Purgatorium

@rallydefault

I know it's a little ridiculous. But like I said, I just can't. Something in me just blocks it. NSO is definitely good value for the money. It really is. But I have an NES mini and most of the NES games on NSO are on the mini. I don't play other Switch games online ATM. If I got it I would get nothing out of it.

I think I'm like a lot of people in that I've been waiting for NSO to give me a reason to subscribe. I want to get it but there's nothing on it for me. The day they add SNES games I'll sign up.

That said, SMM2 looks so good I'm looking to find ways to justify it. Like, hey, Tetris 99 looks like fun.

Purgatorium

TheAwesomeBowser

@Marth_is_cool Hey, not everyone in the world has to prefer a subscription style service over a pay-per-title one. Personally, I prefer pay-per-title because when you pay for something, it's yours forever even if it's expensive as heck. With a subscription style, you don't get to keep the thing you paid for forever, but the company will have your money forever.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

LzWinky

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

@Marth_is_cool Hey, not everyone in the world has to prefer a subscription style service over a pay-per-title one. Personally, I prefer pay-per-title because when you pay for something, it's yours forever even if it's expensive as heck. With a subscription style, you don't get to keep the thing you paid for forever, but the company will have your money forever.

But if your Wii dies, you're screwed essentially. Nothing is "forever"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

@Fowlersrs Look at this. Then you'll get why people hate NSO.

That is a crappy link that seems to quote the same person

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MarioVillager92

LzWinky wrote:

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

But if your Wii dies, you're screwed essentially. Nothing is "forever"

Same thing with the Wii U. Both tie your downloaded games to the console you bought them on.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

LawnChairMan

Just the problem with NSO right now is that the amount of games can not compare to virtual console that is my issue with that.

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

Grumblevolcano

@Marth_is_cool That's kind of the point. Whether you prefer subscription or buying games individually, VC is the still the better service because of game selection.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

37 long days until release.

Can't wait to make puzzle room dungeons, I love that you can now stop scrolling by drawing a straight vertical wall, hiding everything that's behind it.
You can either use indestructible wall tiles, or breakable blocks, so it should be possible to hide something in a separate area that the camera will only shift to if you open the path.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ralphdibny

I wonder if that the new limited edition design (that has the subscription offer on the bottom right of the boxart instead of across the top) is just a sticker you can peel off or if it's actually printed on the inlay. Bit annoying as I can't pre order it until I know (I'd only get it if it was a sticker) but I want the preorder stylus!!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

erv

I preordered with the stylus in it. Figured I'd go all in on this one.

If they had been clearer on what those game vouchers would have been for me if I preorder, I might have gotten myself some smash bros for the remaining 30. Oh wel, I've got lots to play as it is anyway.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

1UP_MARIO

@gimmi_c I think it’s just a sticker.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ralphdibny

@1UP_MARIO I hope so, I'll probably dive in with a pre order closer to release

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic