Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,042

zwetzel4

Mario goes to the Arcade
LCP-GLB-FPF
Play some games at the Arcade! Collect enough coins to use the Slot Machine at the end!

zwetzel4

Edwicket

Grisly Gauntlet 2
X0F-039-SCG

This level is the sequel to a course of mine that had nearly 5,000 plays before someone cleared it. It is an extremely challenging puzzle/platformer. However there are no kaizo techniques used, nor are there any trolls, hidden blocks, or glitches. I tried hard to come up with a couple unique gameplay mechanics that I haven’t seen used before. Thanks for trying it and good luck!

Edwicket

carlos82

My latest course is Bowser's Retro Revenge
BPJ-VKK-DTF

Collect all the red coins and beat Bowser in a Mario Kart race for a secret boss and the true ending. If you fail either there is another route and a different boss but a not so happy ending 😉

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Legnkar

I made a hard Dry Bones bases jump level. Would love some feedback from the community. I am pleased with the level. It’s hard, but you can do it! SMB-style.

Q3J-D9G-5GG

I made a quite hard SMW-level too, but there is notation to help you along. Short but hard

4QN-C1J-MRF

Legnkar

goldenhaze

back with a new speedrun, my first try at sm3dw speedrunning so yea...

Name: Home alone? 30s
Level ID: 4X3-PKF-YVF
Style: SM3DW
Theme: Ghost House
Difficulty: Expert / Super expert
Description: No running in the house! Even though you should

goldenhaze

LockAndLuke

Failure is Improbable • GFM-NVD-60G
Description: You can't possibly fail.. Or can you..?

I made a level based on being able to die, but dying is more difficult than finishing the stage.

It isn't tough at all, it's simpler than you think.

Edited on by LockAndLuke

Xbox Live: LockAndLuke

Taekwon-Do Student: 1st Degree Black Belt 🥋

Courtesy - Integrity - Perseverance - Self-Control - Indomitable Spirit

Switch Friend Code: SW-6391-2664-3323 | My Nintendo: Luke | Twitter:

misterjuly

Here are a few levels I have uploaded. Enjoy!

T89-XN7-5DG The Desert Temple's Secret Slide: Based on slide levels such as in Super Mario 64, you must first get into the Temple, then slide down the slide 3 times (but no more, for the Temple knows), and collect at least 200 of the 250 coins. Extra challenges: Can you collect all 250 coins? Can you get at least 200 coins with just one ride down the slide?

S49-R93-FQF Snake Block Mountain: A cool level (literally) with multiple ways to the end. Can you find all of the paths? Focuses around Snake Blocks, but you must wall jumps on them!

DQG-7JS-WHG Bowser's Mad Star Coin Hunt!: My hardest Mario Maker 2 level, you must go through yet another one of Bowser's Castles, but this time you must collect at least 6 of the 10 Star Coins. Extra Challenges: Can you collect all 10 Star Coins? In one run? Can you find 2 short cuts? Can you find a secret reward room?

Have fun!

misterjuly

Simbabbad

New level:

Le Lièvre et la Tortue (The Hare and the Tortoise)
BTX-1BK-VMF

Untitled

This level is a bit peculiar. While playing online with random levels, I'm always annoyed when blinking blocks are simply used to stop the player and make him wait for the blocks to blink. "They're not supposed to be used like that", I mumble, "they're supposed to change the level design and make the player adapt to it without breaking the flow". So I finally decided to make a level about that, and one thing leading to another, I built this tower made 95% of blinking blocks. In this level, you never have to wait, there is always a way up, but beware of the shift. It should be compatible with many play styles, I tested it for a week using different styles.

It's called the Hare and the Tortoise because if you rush, you can get greedy and fall, whereas a slow, methodical player won't. It's a speedrun level starting with 100 seconds, but it can be completed in time even by someone never running, never wall jumping, and never doing big jumps. It gives two lives right at the start and it has a checkpoint. Statistics will be interesting (and the world record).

wittenduvel wrote:

@Simbabbad I played your Luigi's Recto/Verso Mansion level and cleared it. I can tell you put a lot of work into it, I enjoyed it. It's nice that you can freeroam around the mansion and aren't forced to do everything in a specific sequence. Rooms can be challenging but they're fair. Nicely done!

Thank you! It was quite a lot of work indeed! I'm happy you enjoyed the freedom to come and go in the mansion, freedom is something I'm generally very careful about in my levels.

LockAndLuke wrote:

@Simbabbad Castle of 100 Perils was fun! I really enjoyed that one, hate those plants on the snake block though!

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Mrkingjaydee wrote:

Name of Level: Multiverse: 1-5 Cemented Grounds
Level ID: 2Y2-2B3-53G

The level doesn't feel very cohesive, but it's fun! I liked it.

zwetzel4 wrote:

Mario goes to the Arcade
LCP-GLB-FPF

Fun level, even if the shoot 'em up section is a bit bare and too easy because of the Fire Flower.

carlos82 wrote:

My latest course is Bowser's Retro Revenge
BPJ-VKK-DTF

Fun level, but:

• Getting all pink coins is totally random, right? We can't go back?
  • After the last checkpoint, you have to kill yourself if you don't achieve the sequence properly, it's a pity IMHO.

LockAndLuke wrote:

Failure is Improbable • GFM-NVD-60G
Description: You can't possibly fail.. Or can you..?

The "fake obstacles" are fun, but in case you do die some sections are a bit too slow to redo (the elevator in spikes, for example).

Résident de Batbad (simbabbad.blogspot.fr)

inkypiranhaplant

Course ID: VPV-9F3-CBG
Style: 3D World
Theme: Forest
Difficulty: Normal

Koopa Coin Gardens - I'd describe it as a coin collecting level with a twist. No checkpoints because of the clear condition, but I don't think it's a difficult or too confusing level and there's a generous amount of mushrooms through the level in trees and [?] blocks. Any feedback is appreciated

inkypiranhaplant

Simbabbad

So, I decided to finally start releasing levels of my Metroid Resurgence series, because why not:

Metroid Resurgence (Brinstar)
S6C-FWM-QDG

Untitled

I love very much Metroid on NES, so I wanted to pay homage to it with several Super Mario Maker levels. Currently, I'm not sure yet if I'll ever do a level for Ridley, but the rest is pretty much done. This is probably the most work I've done on Mario Maker levels apart from maybe Luigi's Recto/Verso Mansion.

This level is all about Brinstar, and it plays pretty much like typical Metroid: you explore, you find powerups that help you explore areas, which makes you find more powerups, etc. Even though people familiar with the NES game or those looking at a NES Metroid map will recognize general layout and parts of the level design, things have obviously been rethought to fit into a fun, intuitive and balanced Mario level. In particular, the gameplay, visuals and tone are in fact more atmospheric and adventure-like à la Super Metroid than action-like à la NES Metroid.

I hope you'll have fun with it. Locking the scrolling in SMM2 is a benediction to make Metroid-like levels, among other things. The Kraid level (which is quite different) should be released shortly.

Résident de Batbad (simbabbad.blogspot.fr)

Bib_Fury

Could you please check out my Mario Maker 2 course.

NB8-D6D-JFG

Advice on improving my level would be nice.

Cheers.

Bib_Fury

Dr_Jungle

Created the first 2 levels of my new Super Mario Maker Kart

Nitro: Toadette Raceway NV8- XLR-CQF

Retro: Luigi Circuit LC3-5Q6-L2G

Any feedback much appreciated will play some of the levels above

Dr_Jungle

Dr_Jungle

Bib_Fury wrote:

Could you please check out my Mario Maker 2 course.

NB8-D6D-JFG

Advice on improving my level would be nice.

Cheers.

The concept of a level which requires skilful use of stars to complete is cool, but the level has too many elements and doesn’t look great. I personally didn’t enjoy it but I think the concept is good.

Dr_Jungle

Dr_Jungle

Simbabbad wrote:

So, I decided to finally start releasing levels of my Metroid Resurgence series, because why not:

Metroid Resurgence (Brinstar)
S6C-FWM-QDG

Untitled

I love very much Metroid on NES, so I wanted to pay homage to it with several Super Mario Maker levels. Currently, I'm not sure yet if I'll ever do a level for Ridley, but the rest is pretty much done. This is probably the most work I've done on Mario Maker levels apart from maybe Luigi's Recto/Verso Mansion.

This level is all about Brinstar, and it plays pretty much like typical Metroid: you explore, you find powerups that help you explore areas, which makes you find more powerups, etc. Even though people familiar with the NES game or those looking at a NES Metroid map will recognize general layout and parts of the level design, things have obviously been rethought to fit into a fun, intuitive and balanced Mario level. In particular, the gameplay, visuals and tone are in fact more atmospheric and adventure-like à la Super Metroid than action-like à la NES Metroid.

I hope you'll have fun with it. Locking the scrolling in SMM2 is a benediction to make Metroid-like levels, among other things. The Kraid level (which is quite different) should be released shortly.

The level is amazing, it is clear how much time and effort you put into it, and how well developed the areas are. The Metroidvania side of it was never confusing and was very well executed. Probably the best level I’ve played on SMM2

Dr_Jungle

Skyline7

Hey everyone!
I made a boss map.
BWP-9L2-3RF
Enjoy! =)

Skyline7

Dr_Jungle

inkypiranhaplant wrote:

Course ID: VPV-9F3-CBG
Style: 3D World
Theme: Forest
Difficulty: Normal

Koopa Coin Gardens - I'd describe it as a coin collecting level with a twist. No checkpoints because of the clear condition, but I don't think it's a difficult or too confusing level and there's a generous amount of mushrooms through the level in trees and [?] blocks. Any feedback is appreciated

Great fun level which I always felt was very close but never too hard. I got it on my first try 😉

Dr_Jungle

Dr_Jungle

Simbabbad wrote:

New level:

Le Lièvre et la Tortue (The Hare and the Tortoise)
BTX-1BK-VMF

Untitled

This level is a bit peculiar. While playing online with random levels, I'm always annoyed when blinking blocks are simply used to stop the player and make him wait for the blocks to blink. "They're not supposed to be used like that", I mumble, "they're supposed to change the level design and make the player adapt to it without breaking the flow". So I finally decided to make a level about that, and one thing leading to another, I built this tower made 95% of blinking blocks. In this level, you never have to wait, there is always a way up, but beware of the shift. It should be compatible with many play styles, I tested it for a week using different styles.

It's called the Hare and the Tortoise because if you rush, you can get greedy and fall, whereas a slow, methodical player won't. It's a speedrun level starting with 100 seconds, but it can be completed in time even by someone never running, never wall jumping, and never doing big jumps. It gives two lives right at the start and it has a checkpoint. Statistics will be interesting (and the world record

I really enjoyed playing this level and tried to do it fast...

I’m not exactly proud of my time. First good use of blinking blocks I’ve seen in SMM2

Dr_Jungle

Dr_Jungle

Skyline7 wrote:

Hey everyone!
I made a boss map.
BWP-9L2-3RF
Enjoy! =)

I didn’t enjoy the level. I felt that that wasn’t enough justification for each element, and I personally prefer boss levels that showcase a unique battlefield , but in a way that isn’t frustrating.

Dr_Jungle

Pwepa

FOR PUZZLE LOVERS
Havent shared my levels in a while but some of these levels i spent a lot of time on and would appreciate if you play them
386-29M-7YF (normal to expert difficulty)(old)
N70-7G5-4QG (normal diffculty)(recent)
PR6-LNP-22H (normal difficulty)(recent)
QTP-3Q8-1WF (normal difficulty)(new)
NLN-40Q-7VF (easy to normal difficulty)(old but tweaked and reuploaded)

Pwepa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic