Topic: Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,041

MrIvo

Try my incredibly difficult level:

Ivo's Groovy Castle

SQ1-SRJ-2LF

MrIvo

LockAndLuke

@zwetzel4 I played Cascade Kingdom, I enjoyed that one, a few deaths caught me off guard but overall it was fun!

@LavaTwilight Played Puzzle House, I love how people incorporate puzzles inti games like Mario Maker, brings out the creative side, I enjoyed it, I had to nip out before I had chance to clear it so I'll return and complete it soon! Good, fun level though.

@carlos82 Played Bowser's Retro Kingdom 1, that was a blast, loved the Pac-Man area.

Xbox Live: LockAndLuke

Taekwon-Do Student: 1st Degree Black Belt 🥋

Courtesy - Integrity - Perseverance - Self-Control - Indomitable Spirit

Switch Friend Code: SW-6391-2664-3323 | My Nintendo: Luke | Twitter:

LockAndLuke

Here are my most recent levels, enjoy!

The Not-So-Great Escape • B9B-DQW-QQF
Description: Escaping the prison is risky business, will you succeed?

This, That and the Other • N6L-8YL-8NG
Description: Some simple puzzles for a bit of fun.

A Timely Solution • 8BT-PF3-XXG
Description: Tick Tock.

Mushroom Kingdom's Sports Day • 42L-1D7-2SG
Description: It's the annual sports day in the Mushroom Kingdom! Will you take part?

I have a few others but these were my favourites to make.

What seems to be my most popular level has been the one I intentionally made to be difficult, but that's my only difficult one:

Cold Calling • PHL-QL9-SDG
Description: One wrong slip and you'll be out cold.

OberonCAS

Area 51
JFX-FHC-9YF

Ancient Crystal Palace
8S6-QJP-YRF

Everything's fine.
X4Y-MKR-TWG

Frosty Frolic
65H-7B5-RQF

OberonCAS

Khaleesii

Hola! Check out my new courses a just uploaded!

JNL-JHL-SPG ( Luigi's Trip To Paris )

cheak out my other courses to bruuuuuuh

Caio amigos!

Khaleesii

carlos82

@LockAndLuke thanks, was that you who left the drawing? Played the Not so Great escape, nice level and left you a picture 😉

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

LockAndLuke

@carlos82 Ah, love the comment 😉 Haha, thank you!

Toumei

Mushroom Valley

6T9-RL9-4SG

Traditional style platforming.

Toumei

chardir

@LavaTwilight Liked your puzzle house. Definitely not in the easy category for me but I got there in the end.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Simbabbad

Now, this was a LOT of work:

Luigi's Recto/Verso Mansion 2MY-LB9-9NF

Untitled

This is sort of a sequel to Super Recto/Verso Land, with the same gimmick: the level has actually two sides - taking a door takes you behind the side you're currently in and swaps the view. Therefore, every area without solid blocks or backdrops are strictly symmetrical, while the others have differences you have to use to progress.

Obviously, this gimmick is ideal for haunted mansions: at the beginning of the level, you get trapped into a mansion, and have to explore its every corners to find all key coins and escape. To balance the recto/verso gimmick which is already complex in itself, everything else is quite straightforward to stays accessible and fun, the level being mostly a simple and atmospheric exploration/platforming stage. You can explore the mansion freely (it works like a hub), there is no specific order for collecting the coins. There is (nearly) no powerup, but only five coins to collect, and a save point keeps your key coin progression - keep the coin that is the closest to the exit door for last, so you don't get killed with the key and have to redo everything.

I spent a lot of time on architecture, visuals, variety, challenge balance and flow, I hope you'll enjoy it.

The previous level in the "series":

Untitled

The two levels are quite different apart from using the same gimmick, and I like it like that. I don't think I'll do a third one (it's complicated to make, and I don't think it'd be possible to make something different a third time).

About:

Untitled

chardir wrote:

@Simbabbad Spring breeze was a breath of fresh air I do like the SMB3 style. Great course.

carlos82 wrote:

Played and liked your Spring Breeze, the over world feels like it could have been on the original game and I like the optional sub world idea, its something I'd did with my 2nd Bowsers Retro stage where I had an optional red coin hunt in a secret warp zone. Good stuff

NintendoByNature wrote:

@simbabbad
Really liked spring breeze. Nice classic level

Thanks a lot! I'm planning to do sequels!

richufc wrote:

@Simbabbad Have been playing through all your uploaded levels. They're great! Thanks for your hard work 😁

Thank you!

wittenduvel wrote:

I played your "Escape from another castle" level.

Untitled

I really liked your spin on the traditional castle level.
I liked how you end up behind Bowser on the bridge, it really does feels like you just escaped.

Besides the theme it's a fun and challenging level. Nicely done!

Thanks! Fun detail: even though the level has been made to be accessible for beginners, you can actually run from start to finish in this level (it's achievable in 24s).

Feedback (I had a lot to catch up):

Davir wrote:

Jungle of nine
GYC D07 DHF

Visually it's really unpolished and it's weird to put a P-switch right next to a P-door (what's the point), but it's fun until the poison water raising and lowering: it gets WAY too slow at this point. You can speed up the water by holding or touching the water arrow, I believe.

chardir wrote:

My newest level is
Chasing Cars
B18-9SP-GPG

At first, when I discovered the concept, I was afraid if would be frustrating, but it's very fun, the level is pretty, and the challenge is well made and clear. In the parts where there are two "trains", it requires several attempts to synchronize them properly, but not to the point where it'd get frustrating. Well done!

chardir wrote:

And another plug for my personal favourite
Bob-omb Breakout
L20-0XF-6HF

In the SM3DW style, it's hard to tell which way the conveyor belts are running, and the level is rather frustrating IMHO.

zwetzel4 wrote:

Boss Gauntlet
2YJ-F62-B4G
Can you survive the Gauntlet? Maybe there’s an easier way to defeat Bowser...

The first battles are very basic, and in the last ones, there's infinite Fire Flowers, so no challenge... also, you should isolate giant Bowser so his breath doesn't interfere.

antsa wrote:

Midnight Run
id: 670-CDM-Q1H

I like the purity of your level. I couldn't beat it because it's extremely tight (nearly nobody did, apparently), but I still liked it.

Thundertron55 wrote:

Gizmo Cave - 00V-9D0-LPG
This is the retooled level that went under some major and minor revisions.

There are still some issues IMHO - don't get discouraged, this is normal.

• On the beat block section, there is no clue at all about the emplacement of the lava bubbles - since the blocks are very low, it's impossible to avoid them.
  • After this section, I used the cat costume to climb up the secret area. I got to the checkpoint, but I thought the right way was in the clear pipe, which led me to fall and die directly.
  • The boss battle puts you with two bosses in a very narrow room with no level design and infinite powerups. If you have to have infinite powerups to beat a boss, then it's not balanced correctly.

Thundertron55 wrote:

The Great Mystery Box Tower - KF8-WF4-1YG

In the first challenges, the floor is very low. Since we're in the ship layout, which oscillates the camera, we just can't see where the enemies are.

Then, we directly go to three Hammer Bros. It's a bit brutal. You could put boxes/bricks below the Hammer Bros. (at least two of them) so we can neutralize them from below.

carlos82 wrote:

I have a revamped version of Bowsers Retro Kingdom 2 DN1-F4M-45G

The level is fun, but a bit chaotic. Did you know you could lock the scrolling with columns or rows of ground/hard blocks going all the way? Also, I wonder if the references wouldn't work better in the SMB style.

richufc wrote:

Here is my latest attempt. It's based on one of my fave SNES games...
BTB-0JV-8WF

Really fun level, with a good atmosphere that brings good memories of the original game (SMW).

wittenduvel wrote:

Mario vs Bowser - Final Zone
0NB-B7D-TNG

It's a very clever boss, but why doesn't the final door lead to the end directly? In my first run, I didn't understand which way I was supposed to go, I went down and got stuck - I had to redo everything. IMHO, this will hurt your level (I still liked it, it's clever and fun).

Dodger wrote:

These dapper wigglers have really tall hats! Fly over them with ZR!
NSMBU - 2FQ-6H4-RFG

Not my favourite among your levels. We don't have enough vertical visibility to aim properly, and sometimes the Wigglers step down from platforms and create complicated situations.

LockAndLuke wrote:

I've just finished a little obstacle course themed stage, it isn't difficult but I really enjoyed making it, I hooe you all like it!

Mushroom Kingdom's Sports Day: 42L-1D7-2SG

I had a lot of fun! The level is pretty, with very clear level design, the challenge is balanced and varied. The only area I don't find very useful is the one where you only have to run against conveyor belts, it slows the pacing down and presents no challenge.

zwetzel4 wrote:

Super Bowser Galaxy
BWT-1RW-RXF
Run and float through Bowser’s space fortress!

The "underwater" part is maybe a bit slow, we can avoid easily most hazards, but it's pleasant.

Phiru wrote:

Fossil Cave
NQ6-D0B-12G

Some areas seem designed to frustrate the player, and it's a shame because there is a lot of fun ideas there. It'd be a lot better with smoother flow and less punishment.

Campa11 wrote:

guys try to beat my course the code id is 21J-D26-JVF, its kind of hard but good luck! ( its my first course )

SMM2 has too much delay between deaths for finicky die & retry stuff IMHO.

Octoguy wrote:

The final chapter in the Power-Up Factory Saga is now here!
Mario’s Space Adventure: NN1-X1J-1XG

Nice Lemmings stage with a good presentation!

LavaTwilight wrote:

Soopa Koopa Troopa Puzzle House
N81-35Y-1KG

Absolutely great level, it looks gorgeous and the gameplay is varied and excellent.

Two remarks: couldn't the Koopa dispensers be replaced advantageously by Buzzy helmet dispensers? Buzzy helmet dispensers release only one shell/helmet and are relatively harmless, whereas picking a Koopa shell near a dispenser is dangerous and could make people retry the level after a mistake, which is tedious in a puzzle level. And then, I enjoyed and had no trouble at the last part after the locked door (I loved King Boo, who I recognized immediately), but I wondered if it's possible to get stuck in this section (I used Racoon Mario to break a wall).

Toumei wrote:

Mushroom Valley

6T9-RL9-4SG

Traditional style platforming.

Nice, relaxing level! I liked it!

Edited on by Simbabbad

Résident de Batbad (simbabbad.blogspot.fr)

TeemuFIN

New level. Pretty classic style:

QKY-PQ3-4PF

TeemuFIN

Blueslim

Please try my latest levels
Yoshi skydiving
WWV-697-7FF
Airship Propelling
0S0-LSR-XTF

Blueslim

toadettemayor

Runaway Muncher Express

XVD-YHX-NQG

this is my first course, hope you give it a shot!

toadettemayor

goldenhaze

Name: Dry Dry Run
Level ID: 2K2-3M6-LDF
Style: SMB
Theme: Desert
Difficulty: Expert
Description: Don't dry out, stay hydrated

goldenhaze

carlos82

@Simbabbad yeah there wasn't enough space in all the areas to lock the camera, it it locked where I had space in a few areas. I went back and fourth over the original SMB style but wanted to make it familiar but different at the same time. Also the Mario Bros 3 section and M64 bit didn't look quite right in that style. I did actually reupload the previous version which is in that style (I think I called it BRK 2 prototype or something), other differences are that all the warp pipes work (pretty much the same areas but seperated) and there's also a Mario Land reference. That part only works in SMB style so I pulled it from the new version and I don't think it really added anything. Thanks for the feedback

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

zwetzel4

How Mario Stole Christmas!
4DR-R1Q-VTG
It’s Christmas in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario wasn’t invited, get even!

zwetzel4

Davir

Here come a new level from me

In SM3DW style
Name is Wunderland Adventure
id is X6X LPM KHG

Davir

Thundertron55

@Simbabbad
I have created a test version of Gizmo Cave. Can you play and comment on issues in the level and maybe some ideas on how to change them? I've changed a few things already but I want the level to become the best it can be without scrapping it all together. I'll work on the Mystery box level over the weekend because I realize that in addition to your feedback that the level lacks a bit of polish. Oh, and try some of the levels I posted earlier this week. I have a level based on Rumble Falls from SSBB, and recreations of levels from the 3DS Mario Maker and NSMBW. The code for the test level is XGQ-7LR-HDG. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Mario Maker 2 ID: 99C-3DN-SVG
Smash Mains: Toon Link, Chrom, Inkling, Joker, Robin, Pyra/Mythra, and Sora.
"May the light illuminate your path."

My Nintendo: Thundrtron | Nintendo Network ID: Thundertron55

carlos82

@zwetzel4 nice level, I was worried it was going to be a bit too basic to begin with but it ramped up nicely, have you tried semi solid platforms to make the buildings?

Edited on by carlos82

carlos82

Because I didn't realise I was building my new level on a copied file, I've had to reupload one of my courses, so I took the opportunity to make some adjustments and hopefully improve it

QFT-049-F5G

Hopefully my brand new course will be finished soon 😆

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic