Forums

Topic: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Posts 121 to 140 of 410

scottienigma

@NinoDeCoco Actually Hyper Fighting still has a very large competitive community. They prefer the game as it was before super combos, and some of the other additions that were made to the game. It is more based on solid footsies and fundamentals.

scottienigma

Anti-Matter

@ValhallaOutcast
Well, Vega... Vega Fabio, a Masquerade Spanish Ninja.
He's very agile and surprising.
I oftenly use Rolling Crystal Flash or Sky High Claw or Flying Barcelona Attack to beat my opponent.

Anti-Matter

Lroy

@BalloonFighter This is precisely my point. I contacted Anker directly and gave them the model number of the USB to USB-C Adapter I bought as it was the most 'often bought along with' item when I bought my HORI Arcade Stick from Amazon UK (stick was Β£115, Anker Adapter was Β£7).

I asked them to specify whether this adapter had a 56k OHM resistor. They said that their adapter DOESN'T have a 56K OHM resistor - I quote "Please know this USB-C to USB 3.1 Adapter has a 5.1K Ohm resistor, it doesn't have a 56K Ohm resistor" - and that I should return it for another cable.

The cable they then suggested had a 56K OHM resistor but it wasn't a USB to USB-C Adapter at all: it was a charging cable without the female USB end that I need to plug in the Arcade Stick and on and on this matter goes.

EDIT: I even started this thread with photos of the items I am talking about but still no certainties about the safety of using Anker's USB to USB-C adapter: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/anker_usb-...

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

ValhallaOutcast

@Anti-Matter pretty familiar with him I have always though of him to be a man in touch with is feminine side and not so manly

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Lroy

@wasilewski I think we may have this slotted for a regular Monday night Games Night over on the Adult Switch Gamers thread in rotation with MK8 DELUXE. But if that day of the week doesn't suit and we can get the numbers, we can always change things about.

I mentioned Tuesday as that is launch day on the 29th and if my copy arrives, I'll likely be up for jumping online to try out the tournament mode and friend match-making (if it even has this, hopefully not just randoms). Did ULTRA STREET FIGHTER II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS have friend vs. or just randoms?

Edited on by Lroy

wasilewski

@Lroy Monday and Tuesdays are good for me as I'm off work those days.

Ultra just has randoms as far as I know hopefully, as you say, 30th will have friend matches.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

OorWullie

@Lroy @wasilewski It definitely has friend matchmaking. From the game's description on the official Nintendo site

"Hop online and relive the arcade experience through the online Arcade Mode or play with friends in the online lobby within four of the most definitive Street Fighter titles in the collection."

Hopefully a tournament mode will be part of that.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

ValhallaOutcast

@OorWullie I think the Switch is exclusive to having the tournament mode...or is that just local LAN that its offered for

wasilewski

@OorWullie Cool! Can't wait for this.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

GameOtaku

Does the Alpha 3 version included in the collection have all the characters? (Evil Ryu, Guile, Akuma, Juni, Juli, T-Hawk etc from alpha 3 upper?)

GameOtaku

CaPPa

I was really good at Street Fighter back in about 1991 - 96, but the years have definitely dulled my reflexes so I expect to lose badly.

CaPPa

OorWullie

@CaPPa I was never really good at Street Fighter or even half decent for that matter,the passing years have dulled my reflexes too so I expect I'm going to be absolutely terrible at it now. Expect to face plenty of Hadokens and Electric Thunders from my 2 mains.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@ValhallaOutcast I think that's just for local LAN play like you say.It having a friend lobby though means there should be more to the online side than just one off matches.

An option to play a mini league with friends would be superb. Say everybody fights each other at home and away, with 3 points awarded for a victory and 1 point awarded to the loser if they win a round. Rounds won/lost would also be your 'goal difference' and used to seperate those who are tied on points. If the top 2 places are still inseparable then a 1 off match to decide the title takes place. Ok I'm getting carried away now but it would be a great option to have.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Love your league system idea. Be scrapping at the bottom with you πŸ˜‰

Anti-Matter

@OorWullie
Well...
Try using E.Honda / Chun Li / Blanka.
They have Defensive attacks (Hundred Slaps, Hundred Kicks, Electrocute)

For Anti Projectiles (Hadouken, etc), try using Rose (Soul Reflector) or Cammy (Spiral Arrow).

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fafounet

Lroy wrote:

I have decided to hold off from using the Anker USB to USB-C adapter cable I bought for attaching the HORI Arcade Stick to the Switch for undocked/table-top mode for the time being. I am still super worried about any potential bricking of my Switch and have yet to be fully convinced this is safe to do so.

Please, please, please, any one here who also uses the HORI Arcade Stick for Switch. Please can you advise me on what method/adapter you use to connect the USB only Arcade Stick to the Switch for undocked play. Or do you exclusively use the HORI Arcade Stick wired to the dock as it was designed for? Just seems a shame NOT to have a safe option to use the stick undocked.

@Lroy Just saw your post now. If that is of any help, I am currently using the same Anker adapter that you bought both for my Magicflash NS to use my PS4 controller and also my PS4 Fightsitck whenever I want to play desktop mode. My switch has not bricked as of yet. And I am planning to use my fightsitck πŸ•Ή desktop mode to play Street Fighter Collection whenever the TV is not free.

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

ValhallaOutcast

@Fafounet I have been looking at the Mayflash NS adaptor for my PS4 Madcatsz stick , are you happy with the adaptor?

Fafounet

@ValhallaOutcast Yes it is excellent. I have not noticed any lag. It also allows me to have an extra controller to play with (PS4 dual shock). You just have to update the firmware when you get it out of the box. So would recommend it without any hesitation!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

ValhallaOutcast

@Fafounet thanks it’s much cheaper than the Brooks one here in Canada so I’ll get one

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic