Forums

Topic: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Posts 101 to 120 of 399

SwitchForce

wasilewski wrote:

@SwitchForce yes. I chatted to them yesterday and essentially they told me, in generic cut and paste answers, there is nothing they can do.

I will keep checking as the prohibited status is bound to be lifted on it soon enough.

I suspect they are keeping it for the UK market first and when that is fulfilled they will give others purchase option at later date. I know on Amazon UK there were games I couldn't pre-order but later on when I checked I was able to make the order.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Lroy

Got some extra cash as a bonus and decided to go ahead and pre-ordered this from Amazon UK. £38. More than I wanted to spend but on this occasion as it was money I didn't expect to have, I thought what the hell. Also finally plucked up the folly to order the HORI Arcade Stick as well gulp quite the financial splurge today ☺️

Any of you fellas got this Arcade Stick from HORI and use an adapter to play in table-top mode? If so, what cable do I need to buy. Worried about bricking the system based on recent reports about the Switch and USB-C cables/devices.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€|
Retro Gamer

Lroy

Not long to go now. Getting excited. Gonna try and 'learn' Guile as I really would like to try and avoid simply picking Ryu or Ken for online vs. matches. Used to enjoy using Guile on the original STREET FIGHTER II arcade and Snes version. Although it won't matter who I play as, I still fully expect my ass to be handed to me πŸ˜‚

Edited on by Lroy

Retro Gamer

SwitchForce

Well not sure if others had the chance but a french company did create a Collectors Edition of which it sold out in under 20 min. I had to wait all night but snagged a copy so I will cancel my standard order for the CE version. How many on here was able to order the CE as well?

SwitchForce

Anti-Matter

@Lroy
You know, Street Fighter Alpha and III 3rd Strike has Guile clones (Charlie => Alpha, Remy => III 3rd Strike)

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Lroy

@Anti-Matter No I didn't. Thank you. Will keep an eye out for them.

Retro Gamer

OorWullie

@Lroy I'm getting excited for it too,I'll be on the Eshop at 12am Tuesday morning but I'm not confident it'll appear then as the Megaman Collections didn't appear till later. How you getting on with your arcade stick and how's the cabinet looking?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Not had a great deal of time with my HORI Arcade Stick yet. But little bursts I have tried, I've really liked it. More for the sense of gives me of playing an actual arcade experience than anything else.

Still have to get used to it though. Not owned a proper arcade stick before. For example, I definitely was able to excecute moves in GAROU MARK OF THE WOLVES better with the stick but I seemed to score better on TERRA CRESTA using the Pro Controller, so might just be me getting used to the throw range of the arcade stick and feel of the buttons, tapping quick to fire, or it might just be that this HORI Arcade stick is more suited to Fighters over shooters?

Not had anywhere near enough experience with it yet to make that call. Needless to say, having put the cash down, I'm going to stick with this stick, ha! ha! and use it primarily for most of my play sessions on any arcade release of any genre for Switch. I will get used to it the more I use it.

The Mini arcade Cab is a steal for eleven quid. I've not touched it up yet or applied any stickers. Will do that though. Thanks for the tip about the black pen on the edges.

I have decided to hold off from using the Anker USB to USB-C adapter cable I bought for attaching the HORI Arcade Stick to the Switch for undocked/table-top mode for the time being. I am still super worried about any potential bricking of my Switch and have yet to be fully convinced this is safe to do so.

Please, please, please, any one here who also uses the HORI Arcade Stick for Switch. Please can you advise me on what method/adapter you use to connect the USB only Arcade Stick to the Switch for undocked play. Or do you exclusively use the HORI Arcade Stick wired to the dock as it was designed for? Just seems a shame NOT to have a safe option to use the stick undocked.

Edited on by Lroy

Retro Gamer

Anti-Matter

@OorWullie
I wonder if i still can unlock Guile from SF Alpha 3 to be played in Arcade Mode. Also, some unlockables based on ps1 & ps2 version.

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

OorWullie

@Lroy I'm pretty sure I seen a video in YouTube with a guy talking about connecting the Hori Arcade Stick with an adaptor for handheld or tabletop mode. I'll see if I can find it later.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@Anti-Matter It's been so long since I was into Street fighter ,over 20 years since I was into SF Alpha 2 on the Sega Saturn. Sadly that console was stolen so I never got the chance to return to that game since 1997 or 98. I played some SF4 on Steam over a few weeks but couldn't get into playing on PC so gave up. So yeah, I'm out of the loop when it comes to SF but I can't wait to get stuck into it. Other than SF Alpha 2 the game I'm most looking forward to playing again is funnily enough ,the original. I know it's not great but I have a lot of memories of playing that back in the 80's.

I'm also really looking forward to finally play SF3 for the first time ever as well as Alpha 3. The whole package really is superb and it'll be a great time playing with you guys on here.

I've a feeling you'll seriously kick my ass Antimatter

SW-6101-8403-1640

Anti-Matter

@OorWullie
I had ever played Alpha 3 from ps1, III 3rd Strike from ps2. I still rely on Chun-Li or Cammy for my Femme Fatale / Yun or Vega as my Tough guys.

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

ValhallaOutcast

Anti-Matter wrote:

@OorWullie
I had ever played Alpha 3 from ps1, III 3rd Strike from ps2. I still rely on Chun-Li or Cammy for my Femme Fatale / Yun or Vega as my Tough guys.

in what world is Vega a tough guy

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Lroy

@OorWullie I've also seen a Japan based, English speaking, You-Tuber speak of using one. However, this was all before the 5.0 Switch firmware update and the stories of any third party cables needing to be used with extreme caution. So be great to get first-hand experience of someone currently using such an adapter to connect HORI Arcade Stick and whether any issues have arisen with the Switch due to that.

Edited on by Lroy

Retro Gamer

OorWullie

@Lroy I thought the issue was only with charging cables/docks? I can't imagine a USB adaptor causing an issue but It could be wrong.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Yes, I want to believe you are indeed correct but no one can seem to give a definitive answer. Even Anker advised I return the adapter and use a new charging cable they suggested despite the fact the cable they suggested isn't an adapter and therefore won't do what I need it to do. Seems so bizarrely complicated for such a simple thing to get a Yes or a No as to whether I'm at any potential risk of damaging my Switch by using this Anker USB to USB-C adapter in order to plug the USB connection from my HORI Arcade Stick to the Switch USB-C port in order to play without needing the dock.

Be cool to use my Switch Arcade Cab with the Switch for table-top play using my HORI Arcade Stick. But at the moment I'm not going to take the risk without finding some more first-hand accounts that it is fine to do so. I've been searching the Internet and can't find any real details about what adapter is recommended for this purpose.

Retro Gamer

wasilewski

What SF game do you guys see yourselves playing the most?

I wont be playing any of the SFII games much as I've played the heck out of them over the past 20+ years. I will be concentrating on some of the Alpha games or SFIII - SF Alpha III looks really good!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

@wasilewski I'll playthrough the original STREET FIGHTER purely for nostalgia and then I will also playthrough the original STREET FIGHTER II as that is the game along with Championship Editon that I played most on actual arcade cabs back in the day.

However, I can imagine most of my time will be spent online getting pummelled by you lot. So whatever game versions support online is where I'll be at. Can't wait.

If we can, shall we have a go at a Tournament or whatever matchmaking there is on the Tuesday night UK time?

Retro Gamer

wasilewski

@Lroy Yes Tuesday nights are good for me!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic