Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 281 to 300 of 483

toiletduck

So how long does it usually take for Ubisofts prices to drop?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NEStalgia

@toiletduck About a week shorter than Sony?

@HobbitGamer I've been doing random outpost missions and scan-the-animal type stuff for now and only Cyclops units have been attacking for now, so the difficulty has been reduced to simplicity. I know that changes when I return to extractors and space missions though. Still right now I have Torna, Octopath, Starlink, and Dark Souls all competing for my Switch time. All of them vast time sinks. And that doesn't even include X1/PS4 games! I've given up Undertale...it's cool but not hooking me enough to put over the others. And WoFF starts in a few weeks.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@dharmajones93 So much of Undertale is the unpredictability of it. But the combat is just so incredibly unfun I have to drag myself to want to slog through it. Meanwhile Souls and Starlink are so inviting.

It's good that you want the retail version if for no other reason the Arwing since that's all you get in the box. (ba dum psh)

The Arwing is nice though!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia It's the Best Buy special edition. More environmentally friendly without a plastic card or disc to muck things up.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@toiletduck There'll probably be a sale during Black Friday week, if that's not enough of a reduction then after Christmas maybe?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Apparently Best Buy did not want to join the Space Monkey Program.

NEStalgia

SwitchForce

@Grumblevolcano we have to assume the inventory doesn't run out and when that does the price won't be dropping anytime soon for the physical ships, pilot and any upcoming ships, and pilot. If those do come out before Xmas which I doubt they will do because there be a major price drop it would be after Xmas they lower the first release ships, pilots, starter packs to be able to sell the next sets.

SwitchForce

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@toiletduck There'll probably be a sale during Black Friday week, if that's not enough of a reduction then after Christmas maybe?

Yeah I'll definitely wait for Black Friday, maybe even past Christmas. I'm not exactly in a hurry at the moment.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

DarkRula

This is certainly a fun game. A real time sink. More like a third-person shooter than a proper space combat game, but it works. I've been doing a lot of exploring, had some pretty tense moments, and learnt that the shotgun with attack mods is probably the most powerful weapon in the game if you can get close enough [meaning it's an absolute beast for Primes].

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

HobbitGamer

@DarkRula I’ll have to try that out. I’ve been mastering everything but kinetics. Is it the Iron Fist one?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DarkRula

@HobbitGamer It is indeed. You can get off three or four shots before it needs a recharge, but energy boosting mods bring it to around six.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Qwertyninty

You guys liking the game?

Qwertyninty

HobbitGamer

@Yorumi Oh, I have used the Shredder Mk2, actually. Even mastered it with Fox and Mason. Right now I'm coupling the Volcano with Imploder

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

@Yorumi The stasis missile isn't great, tbh. I think Frost Barrage is more useful. I find it hard to pull off stasis effects, too.

#MudStrongs

farrow000

I'm thinking of buying another psychical ship to play with my friend and just curious to try out another ship. Who's ship do you recommend I buy?

Also does anyone know the maximum level. I have Fox on 29 at the moment and Mason on 11

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

HobbitGamer

@Yorumi Yeah, I have seen gravity canisters. I’ve not yet come across a Warden puzzle that uses anything other than fire and/or ice, but I’ve only done 20ish

@farrow000 I’ve got Fox’s skills maxed and extra points. Since you get skill points for mastery, the maximum level is the total of (ships+weapons)x3.

#MudStrongs

SuperWeird

I spent a few hours with Red Dead 2 on my X last night, and it's cool. But I'm already back to playing Starlink for Switch, this game is just too damn fun.

SuperWeird

SwitchForce

SuperWeird wrote:

I spent a few hours with Red Dead 2 on my X last night, and it's cool. But I'm already back to playing Starlink for Switch, this game is just too damn fun.

That's the appeal of Nintendo games they make it fun to enjoy. It's just some of us need to make some time from our busy work schedule to have fun.

SwitchForce

SuperWeird

I hereby declare Starlink to be the Switch's best 3rd party game. A new open world IP with absolutely fantastic gameplay; released at the same time as the other consoles, but as the superior version with exclusive Starfox content. It's the most visually impressive Switch game to date, with a relatively smooth frame rate. The quality of this game is undeniable, fun and first rate.

This is the kind of AAA 3rd party support we want; it's not carnival games or just dance or whatever. It's not late or muddied ports. It's the superior version of their latest AAA gaming experience.

Also: I hope Ubisoft develops all future Starfox games; they have a much better idea of how to utilize that IP than Nintendo does.

(PS: I'm talking about the digital version of Starlink here, don't know anything about the toys)

SuperWeird

SwitchForce

@SuperWeird the toys are a blast they are cumbersome when all attached with they joycons but that gives your a more immersive game if you tilt or move it does follow your controls that got me trying to learn to fly correctly as everything affects everything else. Or it could be I was to immerse in the game to realize that. But the toys are cool in themselves just don't lose or break them though. They do make for interesting displays as well-just I have to find a homemade shelf to display them on.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic