Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 241 to 260 of 483

FaeKnight

If he remembers where it was acquired, they respawn I believe.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

GeeEmm

Just took down my first Prime, wow what a rush! The feeling of getting a few shots off on the ground and then taking off to get a better vantage point is incredible.
Now gonna do that first outlaw base on Fox's questline...although got my ass handed to me on my first attempt. Lost half my ships just getting to the damn thing, but I have some better mods now so uh yeah, fingers crossed.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

FaeKnight

GeeEmm wrote:

Just took down my first Prime, wow what a rush! The feeling of getting a few shots off on the ground and then taking off to get a better vantage point is incredible.
Now gonna do that first outlaw base on Fox's questline...although got my ass handed to me on my first attempt. Lost half my ships just getting to the damn thing, but I have some better mods now so uh yeah, fingers crossed.

You think that's a rush, imagine a fully empowered Prime wandering into the fight when you're trying to take out an excavator. Now that gets chaotic. And you'd better hope when it runs off for the 2nd phase it leaves the 'no fly' area around the excavator.

FaeKnight

GeeEmm

Haha, yeah that sounds insane. That barrage in the second phase is devastating.

GeeEmm

FaeKnight

GeeEmm wrote:

Haha, yeah that sounds insane. That barrage in the second phase is devastating.

Really? I find it pretty easy, especially if you're using the ice missle weapon and ice precision weapon with both powered up for damage, energy cost decrease, and rate of fire.

The bigger concern was if it ran while staying within the "you can't fly here" cloud extractors cause. So I had to take that out first during the first phase of the Prime fight. Made even more complicated by the 3 Fire Giants and the nodes all doing the expanding fire circle routine while the core did aoe fire blasts centered on my current location. Oh, and the Prime shooting at me too. It was... Well, I had to go back to the armory and get most of my ships fixed. I was down to my last one by the time the extractor died. The prime it's self went down like a chump after that. Each phase only lasted a few seconds.

FaeKnight

Zeev86

Hi guys.
I want to buy a digital version of Starlink. Which one do you recommend, the normal or the deluxe one?
As I understand, its like in Warthunder, if you lose all your ships, you lose.
So is it better to buy the deluxe with more ships, or will I be able to finish the game with the nornal stock of ships?
Im pretty casual player.
Thanks.

Edited on by Zeev86

Zeev86

HobbitGamer

@Zeev86 I bought just the standard, which has 5 ships. I believe if all your ships are destroyed the game will respawn you planetside or at the Equinox (a big cruiser). I’ve actually not gotten them all destroyed at once yet, so I’m not sure.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

Having all the ships helps. But more specifically, having all the weapons helps even more. I rarely use the physical weapons, but having the full set of elemental weapons is a great boon. That said, you can likely do just fine with the digital standard edition. But if you want everything (minus one weapon and two store exclusive ships) the digital deluxe edition is your best value.

Also, if all your ships get destroyed it's not Game Over. You just have to respawn at the last 'safe' point. Which likely means either on the surface of a planet if you had an epic failure in a space battle or in space right next to the planet if it happened on the surface.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

bluemage1989

I'm sure this is an obvious question but if I buy the physical edition can i still use the menus for weapon changes or do I have to use the figure attached to the grip??

bluemage1989

FaeKnight

You can use the digital version of any ship, pilot, or weapon you have a physical toy of. But only if you've Linked the toy within the last 7 days.

EDIT: The annoying part is that if you buy a digital version of the game then later pick up the grip and physical toys, those negate your permanent digital access in favor of the toy's 7 day per scan access the moment you Link the toy. As such either go 100% physical or 100% digital.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

@bluemage1989 You can still use the menus Just be aware that if you go 7 days after first using a physical item, you’ll need to place the item again before the digital gets reauthed. Like the NES games.
EDIT: Fae beat me to it.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BrainOfGrimlock

So how are you all finding this now the novelty has worn off a little? Is it still amazeballs or has it lost some of the sheen?

I’m usually quite anti-Ubi because of the ‘ubisoft-the-homogeneous-game/great game worlds - terrible quests’ criticism that gets thrown around but this definitely piqued my interest; although a few reviews mention the quests/tasks can get a bit tiresome or rinse-repeat further in... Has fatigue set in for y’all or is some of the grind exaggerated/optional?

BrainOfGrimlock

FaeKnight

Still a very good game. Not an "amazing, stupendous, best game EVER" game. But a very good game.

Then again, I've yet to see any game that actually would qualify as "best game EVER" no matter what reviews and hype says.

FaeKnight

JasmineDragon

I'm finding it very well done, and the planets really are beautiful. There are a bunch of elements that remind you that this is a toys2life game, most obviously the business of buying extra lives, and it is a bit grindy, but it's still fun and very, very slick.

I gotta admit, I'm already considering buying another ship. I really should have gone digital, like I was originally going to. I'm such a sucker for toys.

On the bright side, the ships look great.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JasmineDragon

I'm curious, for you guys who have bought multiple ships, do you have any clear favorites? The models all look pretty good, I'm wondering if any of them have any attributes that make them more fun to play or give you a big advantage in the game.

FaeKnight

Each ship has different base characteristics. Some are more durable, or faster, or have more energy, or better handling. The Pulse (Mason's canon ship) is a decent all around ship that has the highest Energy reserve of all the ships at base. The Star Fox Arkwing has lower defense and energy, but better handling. It can also deflect enemy shots by doing a 'barrel roll' maneuver. Judge's ship has the highest defense, but not as good of handling or top speed. While the red ship (can't think of it's name off hand) is fast and has great handling, but can't take a hit as well as the other ships.

Of course mods can adjust things a great deal.

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

I’m still loving it. I just finished the Star Fox quest line, and was pleased with how they tied it to the natural progression of the main game. The game has certainly been worth its cost to me, and that’s how I define if a game is good or not. I’ve been taking my time on the story, and think I’m at the 75% mark (have to build three towers...), so there’s been plenty of content to satisfy me. But I’m also the kind of player that doesn’t mind well rewarded fetch quests or collecting. To give an indication, I’ve 100% AC 1-4 and Far Cry 3 & 4 from Ubi, and all 4 Mass Effects.

My favorite ships are the Arwing and Neptune, but purely for stats at this point. I’ve got so many amazing legendary mods that the ship isn’t so important as pairing elements and using reflects.

#MudStrongs

FaeKnight

I've been using Pulse as my main ship, in large part because I'm sticking with Mason as the pilot outside of doing the Star Fox side mission arc. For that arc I use Fox as the pilot in his Arwing. Which to be honest I also love.

FaeKnight

JasmineDragon

@Yorumi I didn't know the toys in the Starter Pack were permanently unlocked. I was dreading having to link everything all over again every week, so thank you for mentioning that!

I think I'm okay with having to do weekly links on a few toys, but doing it with all of them would have been tedious.

HobbitGamer

Does anyone have Shaid’s set with the Vortex missles? I’ve been dandy with setting up fire and freeze vortexes using the Imploder, but was wondering about hands on opinion of the missile variant?
Also, Legendary Rapid Ammo on any rail gun is amazing.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic