Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 201 to 220 of 483

FaeKnight

SwitchForce wrote:

Lest you forget digital are 12.99 and the physical is 7.99 figure and 9.99 weapons and 24.99 for extra ships the idea of a few hundreds of dollar are off here? Also I got GCU and got them even cheaper so Digital is far more expensive than Physical here. So buying them has no downside to the physical here.

Now I'll have to wait the xbox/ps4 ship to come out by itself to get or I might have to order the ps4 version to get the ship.

Including the Gamestop and Target exclusive ship packs there's 6 physical ships to buy separately from the base game. At $24.99 each, that means you're spending $149.94 plus tax on the ship packs. next you have to buy the rest of the pilots in individual pilot packs fr $7.99 each. Since you still need 2 pilots that means you're paying another $15.98 plus tax. And finally there are 4 weapon packs, I believe which cost 9.99 each. That comes to a $39.96 plus tax. Oh, and you need the base game. A starter set will cost you $75.99 plus tax, I believe. For a total spent of $281.87 before taxes. With 7% sales tax, that comes to about $301.60

The Digital Deluxe edition includes everything except one weapon, a pilot pack that was a preorder bonus, and the two store exclusive ships It costs $79.99, so which way of buying the game is more cost effective?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

I’ve gotten in such a rhythm switching between loadouts and weapons on the fly that I don’t think I could have all those toys scattered around me and not lose my mind.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Powloon

What's up with the eShop price on this game (Standard edition)? Why is it so expensive?

Powloon

Ryzaerian

@HobbitGamer

Spoken like a casual. Dedicated physical players hire a pit crew to switch out the various gadgets with minimal downtime. 😁

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

FaeKnight

Ryzaerian wrote:

@HobbitGamer

Spoken like a casual. Dedicated physical players hire a pit crew to switch out the various gadgets with minimal downtime. 😁

Or in other words get their kids to do it for them, and hope the kids use the right weapons. heck, hope the kids know what the weapons you want look like.

FaeKnight

chardir

@Beluganator Yeah, I couldn't understand why some people seemed happy with the price until I realised it's a standard $59.99 in the US but a ridiculous £69.99 in the UK. £20 more than a standard game for something which is actually missing content is just rude. Buy it from the US eshop, or not at all.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Powloon

@chardir That's weird... Cuz Red Dead's "standard edition" is also up around that pricepoint on the PS Store here in sweden.

Powloon

Powloon

@chardir This is F-ing disgusting. They ask us to pay even more for (what I understand is) another game that's built around microtransactions. It makes me sick, man.

Powloon

HobbitGamer

FaeKnight wrote:

Ryzaerian wrote:

@HobbitGamer

Or in other words get their kids to do it for them, and hope the kids use the right weapons. heck, hope the kids know what the weapons you want look like.

And hope the kids aren’t playing with the toys when you need your pit crew, haha!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

Also that they don't lose any parts.

FaeKnight

Trajan

Beluganator wrote:

@chardir This is F-ing disgusting. They ask us to pay even more for (what I understand is) another game that's built around microtransactions. It makes me sick, man.

Simple solution is to not buy games that support this practice.

I'd probably get it if it didn't have microtransactions and was the normal $60 for everything.

Microtransactions means to me that the game should be F2P.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

FaeKnight

I feel that paying $5 more then the 'starter set' to get the full game (minus two ship recolors, one weapon, and one pilot) isn't a bad deal. Especially considering the physical toys will cost you over $300 after taxes if you want everything. I feel the 'digitial' option is a good thing since "toys to life" games are forking expensive when you get down to it. Look at Skylanders games for example.

First you have the starter set which is usually around $80. That gets you the portal, 2 or 3 figures, and the game. You might think that's a great deal (and it is, considering the price of the figures). But if you want to get everything out of the game you'll need to buy more figures for $10-$15 each. You'll need to buy at least 6 more figures for a minimum of $60 plus tax. You'll also need the 'gimmick' figures for that specific game such as giants for Skylanders Giants or the Swapforce figures for that game. You'll need at least one of each element of those too. Those will cost you $15 so you'll probably be spending $90-$105 plus tax, depending on how many of the gimmick figures the starter set came with.

Oh sure, the figures from previous games can be used in the newest game too. That'll save you some money, right? But you'll still have to buy the gimmick toys. And if the latest game isn't compatible with the previous Portal versions (happened at least once) you'll need to buy a starter set for the newest game for another $80 plus tax.

It's no wonder the Toys to Life gimmick has lost steam. People got tired of having to buy more and more Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures. And the games in the past hadn't been anywhere near good enough to justify spending hundreds of dollars on them.

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

I think Ubi did a smart thing by giving you a one button solution to hide DLC content. Don’t have a weapon because you only spent $60? Click the right stick to hide it and forget about it.
In all, it’s easy to even ignore that toys exist for this game if that’s not your thing. Micro transactions are not a boogie man in this game.

#MudStrongs

SwitchForce

@FaeKnight some one did not read the second half that I wrote that those with GCU get a huge discount but you missed that. And this is was why I bought from BestBuy.

SwitchForce

HobbitGamer

Has anyone seen Ubisoft club rewards for this? I logged in at the main menu, then downloaded the app, but Starlink isn’t listed in my games section of the app. For some reason I can’t get into the website itself, either.

#MudStrongs

SwitchForce

@HobbitGamer trying to get time in as I just the final 4 ships delivered today. I did get the skylander starter when it came out but that's all I got. For Starlinks they have more value for me. I did watch the Nintendo YouTube from NL and it looks good. Its not a AAA like xbox/ ps4 in terms of graphics but being portable makes it appealing. I really like to do a few hours if I can do it later here.

SwitchForce

HobbitGamer

@SwitchForce hope you get time soon. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed since you were interested enough to get a bunch of goodies. I’m surprised that, so far, features and aspects keep popping up that have kept the gameplay fresh. Like those “ah, that’s why something mentioned such and such in a menu” kind of thing. And the mods, that’s my fave part.

#MudStrongs

FaeKnight

SwitchForce wrote:

@FaeKnight some one did not read the second half that I wrote that those with GCU get a huge discount but you missed that. And this is was why I bought from BestBuy.

No, I read that part. But the discount is unlikely to be deep enough that it would have made getting all the physical toys plus a starter boxed set cheaper then buying the digital deluxe version. Even excluding the Target exclusive ship pack and not getting the pilot packs that would duplicate pilots the base price would be around $255 plus tax for everything. You got what, a 20% discount? Maybe up to 40%? It would take a 69% discount to bring the total price down to below $80.

But looking up the benefits of Best Buy's Game Club Unlock membership, I'm seeing a 20% discount for new games. Not games and accessories, just the games. I'll be generous and assume it includes toys to life toys as well though. This means that with the discount if you decided to buy everything you'd still be paying, at best, $204 plus tax.

FaeKnight

link3710

@FaeKnight Yup, it includes all Amiibo, so I'd assume it includes these as well.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic