Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 241 to 255 of 255

NinjaAceTrainer

Year 2 Winter Day 20. Done the Community Centre. Married Penny. Finished the mines. Got 4/5 Legendary Fish. Did the Wizard Quests.
Who is Mr. Qi
though? I unlocked Skull Cavern, then he sent me a message, and I have no clue who he is. Also what is the fastest way to make money? I want to buy magic items/buildings from Krobus and the Wizard.
Already bought both catalogues and have 600,000 spare.
EDIT: Had to awkwardly break up my paragraph to make spoiler tags work.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

JasmineDragon

SonOfVon wrote:

bought this game recently, I'm in the spring of the 3rd year. totally addicted, I need help. This game scratches a certain itch can't quite put my finger on it.

It's super addictive. I was only able to break away by becoming addicted to Skyrim instead.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

foobarbaz

I just discovered how awesome this game is thanks to a coworker, who also recently got it for the Switch. I've known about the game itself for quite some time but blew it off because I thought it was just a stupid farm simulator (I never played Harvest Moon nor did I really know much about it) ... boy was I wrong! This will probably become my most played game on the Switch. I've only been playing it for about 2 weeks. Coming up on finishing up my first year soon and getting ready for my second Spring.

I really wish there was a way to zoom out and see your whole farm at once as well as take a picture of the whole thing. This must be a frequently requested feature. Is there at least a way to turn off the UI, when taking pictures, on the Switch like you can on the PC?

Best $15 I ever spent. I'm even considering double-dipping and getting the PC version as well so I can play around with mods and whatnot... although I'd still use the Switch for my "main farm" since I feel like the Switch is the perfect platform for this game.

Edited on by foobarbaz

foobarbaz

Jaybee23

Really excited to get this game, I've read and watched many reviews and it looks awesome. Love how you can play the game as you please, with no specific path to follow. How's everyone progressing? Any further info would be appreciated.

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

foobarbaz

@Jaybee23 It really is a great game and that's coming from someone who never played Harvest Moon (thus, nostalgia isn't really influencing me).

If you do get this game, the best advice I can give is to not go looking stuff up about the game on the internet. Forget the guides, stay off the wiki, don't look up stuff like what crops are the best to grow, etc. You'll quickly fall down a rabbit hole of guides designed for veterans who have already played through the game a bunch of times and are looking to really mix/max, possibly falling into the trap of restarting your game several times in order to get the perfect first spring (I restarted 4 times before I made it to summer). Just do whatever you want and experience it on your own. You don't have to get everything done in your first year Save the wiki and whatnot for later once you really want to start learning how to do everything in the game.

Edited on by foobarbaz

foobarbaz

edhe

OH MY GOD!! AAAHHHH!! For about 1 in game year, I only needed two more items to complete the community center - a pomegranate and a fiddlehead fern. On the turn of Autumn, I harvested my pomegranate, and now I discover the fiddlehead fern is only available in the Summer, and not in autumn, as I somehow believed!!
I'm going to have to go through another 3 months until I can reliably get another 1. I sold the only 2 I ever harvested in the first year when I didn't know they were difficult to get hold of.

I'd been visiting the travelling merchant in the hopes of getting either of them early, but no such luck...

All stocked up on melon seeds though, and not before time!

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

rallydefault

@Jaybee23
Yea, as others have said, once you get the game just play it at your own pace and try not to look up guides. I just got through Year 1 and married, making probably about 50% or a bit more progress on the community center. But I'm just playing for fun, and I'm not driving myself crazy trying to get every little thing the first go around. Just experience it!

rallydefault

Jaybee23

Will definitely take that on board, thanks @foobarbaz

Jaybee23

Thanks @rallydefault - once I purchase the game I'll be sure to post some updates, but like you said above, I'll just experience it and stay off the guides

foobarbaz

@edhe Same with me. I'm almost done with my second year and I won't have the CC done until next summer because of the fiddlehead fern and poppy. I only just recently started trying to get those last bundles done and realized I missed out on those 2 things this year. Oh well. I've got plenty of other things in the game to keep my entertained until then (like figuring out how to furnish my house I just finished fully upgrading).

Edited on by foobarbaz

foobarbaz

Heavyarms55

Anyone still playing this besides me, and/or willing to tell me the best way to get a Dinosaur egg? I have been fishing with luck boosting items and treasure magnets, and I have been tilling all the soil I can find in the mines... But I am on fall of year 4 and still no luck.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@NinjaAceTrainer Nothing else I have done has earned more money than making Starfruit into wine. I made 500k in one day off of about 150 bottles.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Feel free to add me

NinjaAceTrainer

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, thought so. I'm kind of done with Stardew Valley until the multiplayer update comes out though. Thanks anyway.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

MeatSauce

In Day 14 of fall year 3 I’m married to Abigail and she’s prego we’re leaning to one of the following names for the small person:
Salvatore
Child
Offspring
Bubba Jr.
Abby Jr.
Baby
Dr. Carl Smithson Esq.
Youngster

MeatSauce

MeatSauce

We ended up naming our 1st child Tyrone.When you know you just know.

MeatSauce

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic