Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 221 to 240 of 325

Late

Wow. We must play this game quite differently. I'm halfway through my first winter. I just asked Robin to expand my barn (I've also got a coop, silo, well and house with a kitchen), I reached 100th floor of the mine yesterday, I've got 3/7 community thingies done completely (couple of them are almost done), I've found over half of the museum things, caught 3/4 of different kinds of fish, all my tools are made of steel and also got my first person to 8 hearts (Penny). The game is addictive for sure. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do when I started but after I got hang of it, I haven't been able to concentrate on one thing. I'm constantly changing my focus. I've been planning on growing trees for quite a while now but I still haven't done so. Only tree I've planted is an apple tree. They take so long to grow that I don't want to plant them before I know where I want them.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NaviAndMii

@Late Haha! Yeah, I think that the main reason I haven't made a huge amount of progress is because of the massive amount of money that I wasted in Year 1 - I planted 2 of each fruit tree, then changed my mind on where I wanted them so chopped them all down - then made the same mistake again! (ugh!) ..the great thing about the game though is that, no matter what you do, you're always making progress of some sort - even if you make mistakes! ..but with 25 kegs built - and a fruit orchard that I'm finally happy with - and sprinklers covering every tile of my allocated farming land (plus walls sectioning off each area) I'm finally satisfied with my homestead and making some proper progress at last!

I do generally play at a pretty slow pace though - I completely remodelled my farm, which took quite a bit of time - but I quite like to get myself in to a comfortable routine before pushing ahead with a new project or expansion, which kind of makes my progress a little more gentle...but I've found a much better balance now, so hopefully things'll start kicking up a notch or two going forward!

My next big project will either be expanding my Barn/Coop (plus adding a second Silo, which'd seem sensible) - or adding a second expansion to my house - can't decide! ..but I've got plenty of money rolling in now, so Year 3 should (hopefully) be more successful than the previous two put together!

Balancing things is the key - seems like you managed to find a nice balance far quicker than I did! ..I'd completely neglected things like fishing early on, so I've been working towards creating some more 'free time' for myself to go out and do that sort of thing a bit more - and I'm really enjoying the added variety that I've added to my routine! ..having an absolute blast playing it!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

Honestly, my farm is so disorganized I'd probably do better razing it down to the ground and starting from scratch. I'm not in it for efficiency, though. I like to plant a little of this, a little of that, a tree here, a beehive there, and just get enough to get by and get good materials to craft some presents. I spend most of my day mining or fishing, and as long as I have enough to gradually build things up it's all good. Currently I'm at the last day of Fall #2 and I've just had Robin build the deluxe coop so I can have bunnies to cuddle. I have a girlfriend but we're not in any rush to get hitched and spawn some brats. And I'm brewing ale and mead in my kitchen.

Based on my experience living on a farm, I gotta say the realism of this sim is freaking uncanny.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

NaviAndMii

Yeah, I only remodelled my farm to bring some order to the chaos! I like to have plants, but watering them can be a bit of a chore - so that inspired me to undertake what I now like to call: 'Project Sprinkler' ..and the 'Brewery' is just for my own amusement really - just thought it'd be fun to have a Shed filled with Kegs! ..by happy coincidence though, it's become a simple and reliable little earner: I just sell the quality crops and pop the rest in Kegs to bubble away for a few days & that seems to be enough to keep the finances ticking over at a steady rate - so that's kind of formed part of a little 'morning routine' that I do each day, but the main bulk of my playtime is spent just wandering about doing...whatever!

I certainly take a more laid back than 'grindy' approach to the game - I generally like to have a project or two in the back of my mind just to give myself some casual goals to work towards, but I'm in no rush whatsoever! I have a girlfriend (Abigail) but, rather like @JasmineDragon's relationship, we're just keeping things chilled for now - my farm's in a good state at the moment though and things are ticking along quite nicely & I'm really enjoying having this extra spare-time on my hands to do as I please, so I'm going to try to ensure that any future projects don't disrupt my day-to-day routine too much

I'm really taken aback by how well balanced the progression system is in particular - it's such a well made game that just impresses me more and more with each passing moment! ..and, after 70+ hours, I'm stunned by how many secrets (little and large) that I keep stumbling upon! ..amazing game!

Looks like we'll be getting some more single-player content when the co-op update drops too - ConcernedApe tweeted the below teaser (with accompanying image) which has me very intrigued!

"I'm working on some new Stardew Valley content, to be released with the upcoming free multiplayer update. This will affect single-player, too! I'll share more when the release gets closer. Though I'll keep some things secret (more fun)"

Untitled

So potentially a lot more to look forward to than we'd originally bargained for! ..deep sea fishing perhaps? ..maybe even a new island that we can travel to? ..intriguing stuff!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Late

Looks like there are still some bugs around after the patch. My game froze while I was playing cowboy arcade game. Might have had something to do with one of the power ups as the game froze just as its time ended.

It's its, not it's.

Late

First year done. I decided to celebrate it by giving Penny a bouquet on the last day of winter. I can finally finish the quality crops community thing now that it's spring and hopefully some of the fish I'm missing are only found during spring and summer or otherwise I've got no idea how to get them. I know some fish are special and can only be found from certain places but I'm missing one fish from ocean and couple that appear at nights to complete my community center fish collection, as well as blowfish but that's a special fish. I don't want to cheat by looking them up. I'll catch them when I find them.

It's its, not it's.

edhe

I've been playing quite a bit - I'm in the autumn of the second year currently, and I too have an engagement gift with Penny's name on it, but I'm waiting until Winter because I spend too much time and energy watering my field to be able to lose a day. It sounds silly now that I think about it, because the crops aren't going to die if I miss watering them for a day.

Currently, I'm harvesting corn, cranberries and red cabbage(?), and they're going straight into a chest in my house, where with approximately 15 kegs, 6 preserve jars and an oil maker, I'm refining them into jams and wines and such. I'm on the second house expansion, and my floor plan, like my farm outside is pretty messy, so I'm looking forward to organizing it over winter. In fact, with the money making options available, I could probably be comfortable not growing anything in spring if my farm needs more organizing or my tools need upgrading. Besides, with the greenhouse, I'm able to cultivate any crop regardless of its season.

As for the farm buildings and general layout, I laid down about 10 lightning rods, so I've got plenty of batteries (an easily obtainable gift for Maru, as it happens), a few bee hives, and tree taps, a level 3 coop, a level 2 and a level 3 barn, and a small orchard that I've harvested apples and oranges from so far. I can't remember if I managed to buy each type, but I may relocate them next year any way.

Because of all the task I have to perform, I don't get to spend much time about town, so I'm looking to rectify that for the next year too.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Swordsman83

how i wish there is a demo. not sure i like this game or not.

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

NaviAndMii

An update from the official website:

"Hey everyone! We thought it’d be good to give you a quick status update ahead of the holidays.

So, multiplayer is coming along nicely! Tom is working on implementing marriage between players, and recently finished up working on festivals. Now you’ll have someone to dance with at the Flower Dance, even if you’ve yet to win over any of the residents of Pelican Town.

We had been planning to launch a multiplayer beta before the end of this year, but we’re pushing that beta back to Q1 2018 in order to make room for polish and QA.

ConcernedApe is working on a new content to be released along with the multiplayer update! We can’t say much about it yet, so I’ll just leave this screenshot here.

Untitled

A number of people have been curious about the PS Vita port we mentioned way back in January, and I’m happy to announce that a PS Vita port is actually happening! It’ll be available next year, and it’ll have cross-buy too, so if you’ve got Stardew Valley on Playstation 4 you won’t need to buy it again to play it on your PS Vita! However, it’s worth noting that we can’t port the multiplayer update to PS Vita.

ALSO! Stardew Valley is getting more language support! Support for French, Italian, Korean and Turkish will be added in 2018.

Phew, I think that’s just about everything we can talk about for now.
Thanks for all the support this year! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday break and a happy start to 2018.

P.S – Oh hey, new site design! It was long overdue for some sprucing up. Let us know what you think!"

...and some news just in from ConcernedApe (via Twitter):

"some things I've added for the new content update:
*new "town event" in winter
*new type of collection that you can start in your first winter
*Signs (can display any item on them)
*More outdoor decorations (some change w/ season)
*More NPC "events"
*A way to re-spec professions"

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Lalivero

@JasmineDragon I'm kinda like you in that I'm not exactly trying to maximise anything and am instead just working my way up little by little by doing whatever daily tasks I feel like doing(I've long reached the bottom of the mines so I kinda spend a bit of my time in there).

Unfortunately I let Joja take over the Center and make the warehouse so I'm kinda balancing my money out between projects and farm upgrades. My farm is kinda random but it's strangely worked for me (for now) ha.

I only just recently upgraded my house and the next time I boot the game up it looks like I'll be marrying Shane, lul(oooo ik the rude awakening I'm in for as far as housekeeping goes >_>, but ehhh; not to mention I think marriage is overrated af irl, so it's kinda funny). I actually held off on playing for a bit simply because of the bug with his 10 heart event where the camera was off screen though. :V

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Saego

An update from ConcernedApe (Twitter):

"4-player Stardew Valley LAN party at my house... it's really fun. It still needs some work, but the underlying network code is solid. Being in the same room and yelling at each other about what to do next, or if anyone has any stone, is great fun. Can't wait to share this"

"Also, I'm finished with the new content and have shifted all my attention to getting multiplayer ready!"

Edited on by Saego

Saego

edhe

I had two full deluxe barns of cows, goats, sheep and pigs, and a full coop of rabbits, chickens, ducks and void chickens, but I ended up selling them all. I couldn't keep up with feeding them. As I understand it, you can leave them outside to graze, but do they need to have a field of long grass? When I tried that previously, they gobbled up a whole field by themselves. I then bought a whole load of fodder and stored it in my silos (with an overflow in a nearby chest), but they managed to get through that quickly too.

Either way, tending to all the animals, not to mention the greenhouse, and basement was taking up too much time, so I'm kind of glad I got rid of them. I'm going to try planting trees. I've laid out a lattice of wood floor, and I've planted common trees between them, so I can stock up on maple syrup, oak resin and pine tar, then, maybe I'll plant some fruit trees in a similar manner.

I've got a vast stock of fruit, vegetables, wines and cheeses ready to be further refined, so my next goal is to fill a shed with preserve jars, kegs and the like, and try to work through the backlog.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

SonOfVon

bought this game recently, I'm in the spring of the 3rd year. totally addicted, I need help. This game scratches a certain itch can't quite put my finger on it.

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

NinjaAceTrainer

Year 2 Winter Day 20. Done the Community Centre. Married Penny. Finished the mines. Got 4/5 Legendary Fish. Did the Wizard Quests.
Who is Mr. Qi
though? I unlocked Skull Cavern, then he sent me a message, and I have no clue who he is. Also what is the fastest way to make money? I want to buy magic items/buildings from Krobus and the Wizard.
Already bought both catalogues and have 600,000 spare.
EDIT: Had to awkwardly break up my paragraph to make spoiler tags work.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

JasmineDragon

SonOfVon wrote:

bought this game recently, I'm in the spring of the 3rd year. totally addicted, I need help. This game scratches a certain itch can't quite put my finger on it.

It's super addictive. I was only able to break away by becoming addicted to Skyrim instead.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Jaybee23

Really excited to get this game, I've read and watched many reviews and it looks awesome. Love how you can play the game as you please, with no specific path to follow. How's everyone progressing? Any further info would be appreciated.

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

edhe

OH MY GOD!! AAAHHHH!! For about 1 in game year, I only needed two more items to complete the community center - a pomegranate and a fiddlehead fern. On the turn of Autumn, I harvested my pomegranate, and now I discover the fiddlehead fern is only available in the Summer, and not in autumn, as I somehow believed!!
I'm going to have to go through another 3 months until I can reliably get another 1. I sold the only 2 I ever harvested in the first year when I didn't know they were difficult to get hold of.

I'd been visiting the travelling merchant in the hopes of getting either of them early, but no such luck...

All stocked up on melon seeds though, and not before time!

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

rallydefault

@Jaybee23
Yea, as others have said, once you get the game just play it at your own pace and try not to look up guides. I just got through Year 1 and married, making probably about 50% or a bit more progress on the community center. But I'm just playing for fun, and I'm not driving myself crazy trying to get every little thing the first go around. Just experience it!

rallydefault

Jaybee23

Will definitely take that on board, thanks @foobarbaz

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic