Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 201 to 220 of 325

NaviAndMii

So, it seems that I completely misunderstood what form Stardew Valley multiplayer would take - on their official website (back in August) they stated that the co-op feature would be online-only and that "Local multiplayer, split-screen and PVP are not planned at this point" ..I don't know why, but I'd always assumed that it'd be local co-op for some reason

Many people in the community seem to be asking for an option to play multiplayer locally, so hopefully their arm may be twisted in to potentially adding it further down the line..? **fingers crossed!**

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eel

It's a small team with a, erm, "rustically handmade" 2D game. Creating split screen local multiplayer would be incredibly hard.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NaviAndMii

@Meowpheel Yeah - and with at least one more project in the pipeline (that interesting looking wizards & witches game they keep teasing!) it's probably a long-shot to expect them to put all that time in to a proper local multiplayer option - but one can dream! ..just a glance at their various message boards (website/Reddit/Twitter) will tell them that there'd be significant demand for such a feature - but they'd have to weigh up whether it'd worth it or not - and, you're probably right, it's likely that they'd decide not to on balance.

I'm just a little annoyed at myself for just assuming that 'local multiplayer' is what they meant by 'co-op' - only got myself to blame for not actually checking...don't know how I'm going to break it to my girlfriend that I've been misinforming her all these months! (..still, could be the perfect opportunity to try and twist her arm to get a second Switch? )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Late

Just encountered my first crash after the Halloween party. Guess I'll get to experience it again.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Namco

My first Dino will hatch tommorow!!!

....I'll also get a second child but that is no where as exiting. Baby lizards are another league.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Tiefseemiez

Just downloaded it and am pretty disappointed just how frequently the game crashes. I played for about 1,5 hours maximum and already had the game crash thrice. Fortunately I didn't lose anything special yet because of this. I am glad to read that there is a patch announced already. Hopefully it's being released soon and that the game will work fine after that.
I have this on PC and loved it. And I really like the controls on the Switch so far!
It's a perfect game to relax on my way to work.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Alber-san

I've never had my game crash. And I've played for 80 hours. It's weird to read all these problems about the game crashing. I mostly play on handheld though. Maybe it has got something to do with that?

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

JasmineDragon

I had a run of save crashes for a week or two in the first winter. No crashes at all before or since.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Namco

Untitled

My goal is to make this my daily income I probably didn't make this much money during my first three seasons together. I still find ways to make my farm more efficient, for example I'm going to replace my Slime Hutch with another pig or cow barn, they provide a way better income.

Also I got to floor 101 and collected 3 Prismatic Shards in one day. Yeah I put a lot of hours into this game but it's sooo worth it.

Untitled

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

GoldenGamer88

Has somebody else been having audio issues with this game and this game only. No matter in handheld or docked mode, after half an hour or so play time, there would always appear a subtle cracking as if something was amiss with the speakers but since it‘s happening docked and in handheld and only in this game, the speakers are clearly not at fault.

Also, just encountered a glitch while fishing where pressing Y wouldn‘t cause my character to pull the fishing line back out, rendering the game effectively frozen. Things like these really make me wanna give up on my second playthrough, and that only my favorite console!

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, the audio crackle thing is a known issue that should be resolved in an upcoming update - the patch has already been submitted to Nintendo for approval, so hopefully it won't be too long until these things are ironed out! Not sure about the fishing issue - but the developers seem to be pretty good at listening to feedback and fixing these types of things up, so hopefully that'll be resolved too!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Ryu_Niiyama

HAHA got the statue of perfection so I'm clearing out a little grove of trees to make a diamond factory. Some of the late game items are really, really expensive.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NaviAndMii

Wowzers, you guys have done a lot!

I had taken a bit of a break from SV hoping that the patch would drop in the meantime, but I decided that I couldn't wait any longer and jumped back in for an extended session!

I've just crossed in to Year 2 (horray!) and have spent some serious time completely remodelling my farm - after a concerted effort (and dedicated planning!) I've now managed to separate everything off in to individual, precisely measured, walled-off areas - each connected via a complex web of pathways! ..so worth it! Unfortunately, I had to sacrifice my entire fruit tree orchard in the remodelling process - which has set me back a fair bit - but it's starting to look pretty awesome, so I'm finding it difficult to care!

I'm going to try not to overstretch myself as much in Year 2 - letting my sprinklers do the majority of the watering around the farm, freeing up some more time to explore the various other activities the game has to offer! ..it's early days, but the money is starting to flow again (after the long, bleak winter!) and I've generally got the whole (in-game) afternoon free to set about chipping away at my longer-term objectives - which seems to be helping to accelerate my progress too

I did, unfortunately, run in to the ol' audio-crackle bug again (hope the patch drops soon!) - and also had the bright idea of lining all of my pathways with torches, only to discover a quarter of the way through that it was having a crippling affect on the frame-rate (especially when there was blossom in the air, must've been down in single digits) ..but as soon as I removed them, the frame-rate returned to normal - so I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board with that one!

Loving it though! I was genuinely missing it - and this evenings play has just left me yearning for more! Really looking forward to the patch - for the bug fixes mainly, of course - but I also can't wait for video capture to be added...seeing guided tours of other peoples farms is going to be a whole lot of fun!

Did anyone go for any of the other styles of farm in the beginning (Riverland, Forest, Hill-top, Wilderness) - if so, how are you finding them? ..a big part of me felt that I may live to regret just going for the 'Standard' farm layout - but I figured that I could always create a second save if I feel like it ..I'd be interested to hear what you make of them and their unique challenges/benefits though!

NaviAndMii

The patch is live!

Patch notes below:

Stardew Valley Switch – 1.2.36 Patch Notes

Hey everyone!

We’ve just released an update for Stardew Valley on the Nintendo Switch which should solve the issues some of you have been reporting since the game’s release. No more crashing when you go to sleep! No more weird crackling noises!

Big thanks to everyone for their support and patience as we worked to ensure these issues were fixed, and thank you to the players who took the time to send detailed bug reports that helped us to track down and fix these issues! Check below for more detailed patch notes.

• Players should see a significant improvement on save times! Also, the saving screen is now animated.
    The new video recording feature is now supported!
  • When a controller connects or disconnects, the Controller Support Applet now appears to ask which controller you want to use to play the game, instead of silently switching to the new controller.
  • The game now detects Simplified / Traditional Chinese environments on first start up and defaults to the Simplified Chinese localisation instead of English.
  • Fixed issue that created the unintended ability to skip saving at night with a well-timed button press.
  • Fixed an issue causing the player character (and sometimes important NPCs) to appear off-screen during certain cutscenes.
  • Fixed a temporary soft lock that occurred when the player pressed A and B together while eating or drinking an item.
  • Fixed a way for players to temporarily lose access to essential tools via the chest interface’s organize button.
  • Fixed the Wizard’s slay monster quest sometimes asking you to kill 0 monsters.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred while sleeping (before saving) if any essential tools were not in your inventory at the time.
  • Fixed the wrong tooltips sometimes appearing on the bundle interface in the Community Center area.
  • Fixed the inability of players to drop items without deleting them when using the cursor mode that snaps to UI elements.
  • Morning music is no longer looped endlessly, and now fades out during the day as it should.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the journal with no quests.
  • Fixed occasional inability to select certain items in the crafting menu.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing the ‘-‘ button when playing a minigame at the Saloon.
  • Fixed button controls for the Prairie King minigame shooting in the wrong direction.
  • Fixed occasional left channel audio crackling
  • Fixed lack of vibration in handheld mode

Late

Yay! I can continue playing! I got the same crash multiple times in a row after the Halloween party so I decided to wait for the patch instead of living the same day over and over until it would miraculously work again. "Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred while sleeping (before saving) if any essential tools were not in your inventory at the time" is what most likely resulted in my crash. I'd given one of my items to Clint so he could upgrade it.

It's its, not it's.

NaviAndMii

@Late Ahhh! Yikes! Yeah, I can see why you'd have put the game down for a bit! The only real issue I ever ran in to was the audio crackle bug which used to come and go intermittently - I just quickly dropped in to the game for 10mins and everything seems fine so far...hopefully we'll all be able to enjoy the game issue-free from here on out!

I haven't tested the video capture out yet (I assume it's 30secs like other games) but that's a nice little addition also! ..my farm looks like a bit of a mess at the minute - but I've got a vision and a plan - once it starts to take shape a little more I'll try to figure out a way to whizz around the place in 30secs so that I can show it off to anyone who cares!

Late

Was surprised to notice the game has HD rumble now. Then I read it has always been there but it didn't work in handheld mode. It feels great to come back to this game after few weeks of not playing.

It's its, not it's.

NaviAndMii

Oh man, I'm hopelessly addicted to this game (again!) I've just made it to Year 3 - horray! - many, many more to come I'm sure! ..I seem to be averaging about 30hours gameplay per year so far - and I still have so much ahead of me - fantastic value for money!

I'm fresh off the back of a long, hard winter - having to maintain my crumbling stone walls was an unexpected inconvenience! ..but I'm making a fair bit of progress (finally!) - I've expanded my farm to include a fully stocked (small) Barn and a Shed Brewery!

..my work in the past year building a whole load of sprinklers has really paid off - every crop on my farm is auto-watered every morning, leaving me plenty of time to tend to my animals and explore the various other pursuits in the game! ..I've reached level 100 of the mine, am chipping away at the Community Centre tasks and dedicating more time to fishing (really fun once you get the hang of it!) ..and also mingling with the locals, which has just added a whole load of additional layers of depth to the game!

It's so, so great - I wasn't 100% sure I'd like this game, but I really can't recommend it enough!

6 second clip of my brewery at this link, for anyone that's interested!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic