Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 121 to 140 of 325

NaviAndMii

@JasmineDragon Ah, yeah - if it's happening on the menus etc as well, that could point to a Joy-Con issue...I wouldn't rule out it being a slight issue with the game though - I've seen a few others saying that the controls seem to have a mind of their own at times - and I've had some other strange things happen myself too (crops being picked several tiles away from my character with no button push etc) ..so it could just be software **fingers crossed!**

..and yeah, I definitely sympathise with you about the potential cost of replacement! I had my brother and young nieces over the other weekend and let the kids loose on Overcooked - and winced every time they decided to take their frustration out on my poor, expensive little Joy-Con! ..kids can be little wrecking balls when they want to be!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

šŸŽ® Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Hughesy

@SKTTR Bit of a collector then, I understand. I have a whole room which displays all my games, but these days I just buy whatever easiest, available or cheapest. The amount of games I buy these day Iā€™d need a mansion to display them all, on PC alone I must have over 300 gamesā˜ŗļø

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Hughesy

So Iā€™ve had two major bugs which has caused a lot of frustration, both in the fair during Fall season. First I was playing the fishing mini game to win more tokens, it got stuck mid animation, I couldnā€™t do anything, the time ended and still was stuck. So I had to quit the game and start the day again. Then again at the fair, fhe mayor judged the stalls and then I was stuck next to him and couldnā€™t move, so yet win Iā€™ve had to restart the day. Very, very annoying.

gcunit

NaviAndMii wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

Yes, hold the button to increase the area of effect.

Didn't know that either - good to know! I assume that doing that uses more water per sprinkle (if that makes sense)? ..even so, it'd be worthwhile - especially with an upgraded can!

I don't notice any difference. I hold the button and he repeatedly waters the same square, no increase in coverage at all

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@Meowpheel Nope.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Namco

Another odd bug. I received a quest from the wizard were I had to kill a total of zero monsters? Time ran out and 0/0 monsters were killed but no reward whatsoever

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> ā–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

NaviAndMii

@gcunit Yeah, same here...

@Meowpheel ...so, it only works with an upgraded can then? ..does each upgrade make the effect wider and wider too? ..that'd be pretty great in tandem with increased water capacity - it'd be a huge time saver for me!

I think that I need to upgrade ASAP - I've reached a tipping point now where there almost aren't enough hours in the Stardew day to water all of my crops before nightfall (and I often need a Field Snack or two just to have enough energy to get the job done!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Namco

Weird thing to say but corn is overpowered. Invest mostly in corn, use fertilizers and you're fully set for summer AND fall.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> ā–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Eel

Yup, each upgrade expands the water capacity and maximum range.

At higher upgrades, hold the button longer for better range.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Hughesy

NaviAndMii wrote:

@gcunit Yeah, same here...

@Meowpheel ...so, it only works with an upgraded can then? ..does each upgrade make the effect wider and wider too? ..that'd be pretty great in tandem with increased water capacity - it'd be a huge time saver for me!

I think that I need to upgrade ASAP - I've reached a tipping point now where there almost aren't enough hours in the Stardew day to water all of my crops before nightfall (and I often need a Field Snack or two just to have enough energy to get the job done!)

Well yes obviously, otherwise what would be the point in upgrading the watering canšŸ˜› The game could do a better job explaining stuff like this, but I suppose he just wants you to find everything out yourself.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Sir_Anthony I got that bug yesterday actually. A weird one for me: I keep chests in the over-world to allow me to clear out my inventory when I go to gather supplies. I had one in the town next to the beach entrance and it disappeared the next day after I colored it blue.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JasmineDragon

Sir_Anthony wrote:

Weird thing to say but corn is overpowered. Invest mostly in corn, use fertilizers and you're fully set for summer AND fall.

Damn, the corn lobby got to Stardew Valley too! And here I thought JojaCo was the real enemy...

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JasmineDragon

@NaviAndMii In case you don't know it, a tip regarding the watering can upgrade: your crops won't die if you don't water them for a day. You may lose one or two plants, but it won't be a catastrophe.

EDIT: yay, now I know how to hide spoilers!

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Nintendoforlife

JasmineDragon wrote:

@NaviAndMii In case you don't know it, a tip regarding the watering can upgrade: your crops won't die if you don't water them for a day. You may lose one or two plants, but it won't be a catastrophe.

Edit: well, I tried four different common spoiler tag conventions and none of them worked. Hope no one objects.

Did you try [spoiler [/spoiler] ?

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

JasmineDragon

Nintendoforlife wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

Edit: well, I tried four different common spoiler tag conventions and none of them worked. Hope no one objects.

Did you try [spoiler [/spoiler] ?

I thought I did, but maybe not. I'll try to remember that.

NaviAndMii

It'd be good to know what kind of things people would consider to be spoilers - I'm trying to steer clear of posting stuff about events, relationships and wider exploration etc (if I do, I'll use spoiler tags) ..but, how do people feel about talking about crops, tools, builds, upgrades etc? - I feel like, when it comes to our farms, we're given so much choice right off the bat that we're likely all taking very different directions, so hearing that someone has built 'x' or is growing 'y' is more interesting than spoilery in my mind - but if others feel differently, I'll take that in to consideration ..I certainly don't want to affect anyones enjoyment of the game (or the thread) - it's just difficult to know where to draw the line with this type of game!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

JasmineDragon

@NaviAndMii Personally I feel it's much the same as movie spoilers. Discussing late-game story events, secrets that get revealed after you've done a lot of things, "the way to win X's heart is Y", things like that are spoilers to me. Things like "grow corn!" and discussing farm layouts shouldn't be a problem IMO.

Hughesy

In an age where a lot of people watch letā€™s play videos itā€™s funny that some are so sensitive to ā€œspoilers.ā€ For me if Iā€™m going into a thread about a specific game I expect to see people talking about everything. But as some here are sensitive to them, I promise to use spoiler tags if my posts contains what Iā€™d consider a spoiler.

Edited on by Hughesy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic