Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 121 to 140 of 173

Meowpheel

Yes, hold the button to increase the area of effect.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

@Meowpheel The game really should explain that in tooltips, lol. I kept using my watering can 1-by-1 manually into summer it feels.

And the game randomly lags sometimes in handheld mode, not that it ever bothered me. It's not persistent.

The reason that I'm playing it in handheld mode however: the text is way too small. This is another PC port that forgot to enlarge the text so people don't have to squint to read it from just a few feet away. Kinda really dumb.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

SKTTR

@Hughesy

Size doesn't matter. Tetris was on a 2KB cartridge. I want the best games on my shelf. Stardew Valley is one of them, isn't it? Let them polish it up and release it on retail. They did it for PS4. I'm confident they can do it for Switch as well.

At the moment I'm playing Mario+Rabbids, Disgaea 5 Complete, and Sine Mora EX on my Switch, and there's a dozen of other retail games I have pre-ordered: Super Mario Odyssey, L.A. Noire, Breath of the Wild 2, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, This Is The Police, and DOOM. That's just my Day 1 wishlist for the rest of the year.

Also, it's not that I never download anything from the Switch eShop. I have the BotW DLC, and I even downloaded a Switch game, Thimbleweed Park, for 19,99€. If that one's getting a retail release for 29,99€ I'd buy it too. I'm from a time where such a game was 49,99€ anyway and worth every penny.

Do you think Stardew Valley is worth 13,99€ + 29,99€ later on for the retail version?
The first Harvest Moon on SNES was 69,99€.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Meowpheel

@Haru17 I guess I simply expected it to work like that, having played harvest moon and all.

I dunno if the game explains it... But yeah it should.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

NaviAndMii

CroRock wrote:

@NaviAndMii Blacksmith needs 2 days for upgrading tools. Watch TV every morning for forecast. When it says it will raining tomorrow, water your crops and head to blacksmith.
Btw I upgraded first watering can and water lasts longer but still waters one tile. Maybe I should try holding button for longer range like someone wrote...

Ah, great stuff - thanks for the info! The 28 sprinklers I'm going to need to auto-water my 7 tilled fields is going to take me quite some time (2 down, 26 to go!) - but a can that holds more water certainly seems like a worthwhile investment in the mean time...I've just had back-to-back-to-back rainy days, so I'm probably due a dry spell - but I'll get on that at the very next opportunity!

Meowpheel wrote:

Didn't know that either - good to know! I assume that doing that uses more water per sprinkle (if that makes sense)? ..even so, it'd be worthwhile - especially with an upgraded can!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently playing (online): Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & Splatoon 2

MK8D: R: 8500+, B: 2000+ | Splatoon 2: Lvl: 41, RM: B+, SZ: B-, TC: A-

My Games

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

NaviAndMii wrote:

@JasmineDragon I've experienced similar...however, it happened on a very windy day - and my character seemed to be moving in the same direction as the wind (from right to left) - so I wondered whether it may have had something to do with that? ..I've since played on calmer days with no issue - is that a thing? :/

Didn't think about the wind. I've seen that effect, too. But this is happening to me on calm days and in the menus, too, so I don't think it's related to that. Guess I'll have to try playing a different game when I get home, see if it happens there too.

I'm afraid my kid might be banging on the Joy-Con too hard. I hope that's not the case - those things are too expensive to be replacing every six months.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Stardew Valley

NaviAndMii

@JasmineDragon Ah, yeah - if it's happening on the menus etc as well, that could point to a Joy-Con issue...I wouldn't rule out it being a slight issue with the game though - I've seen a few others saying that the controls seem to have a mind of their own at times - and I've had some other strange things happen myself too (crops being picked several tiles away from my character with no button push etc) ..so it could just be software **fingers crossed!**

..and yeah, I definitely sympathise with you about the potential cost of replacement! I had my brother and young nieces over the other weekend and let the kids loose on Overcooked - and winced every time they decided to take their frustration out on my poor, expensive little Joy-Con! ..kids can be little wrecking balls when they want to be!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

My Games

Hughesy

@SKTTR Bit of a collector then, I understand. I have a whole room which displays all my games, but these days I just buy whatever easiest, available or cheapest. The amount of games I buy these day I’d need a mansion to display them all, on PC alone I must have over 300 games☺️

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Hughesy

So I’ve had two major bugs which has caused a lot of frustration, both in the fair during Fall season. First I was playing the fishing mini game to win more tokens, it got stuck mid animation, I couldn’t do anything, the time ended and still was stuck. So I had to quit the game and start the day again. Then again at the fair, fhe mayor judged the stalls and then I was stuck next to him and couldn’t move, so yet win I’ve had to restart the day. Very, very annoying.

gcunit

NaviAndMii wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

Didn't know that either - good to know! I assume that doing that uses more water per sprinkle (if that makes sense)? ..even so, it'd be worthwhile - especially with an upgraded can!

I don't notice any difference. I hold the button and he repeatedly waters the same square, no increase in coverage at all

Right now in my head, it's all horses, horses, horses, food, and horses.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Stardew Valley - Kirby Triple Deluxe - Super Mario Galaxy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

gcunit

@Meowpheel Nope.

Right now in my head, it's all horses, horses, horses, food, and horses.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Stardew Valley - Kirby Triple Deluxe - Super Mario Galaxy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Sir_Anthony

Another odd bug. I received a quest from the wizard were I had to kill a total of zero monsters? Time ran out and 0/0 monsters were killed but no reward whatsoever

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

NaviAndMii

@gcunit Yeah, same here...

@Meowpheel ...so, it only works with an upgraded can then? ..does each upgrade make the effect wider and wider too? ..that'd be pretty great in tandem with increased water capacity - it'd be a huge time saver for me!

I think that I need to upgrade ASAP - I've reached a tipping point now where there almost aren't enough hours in the Stardew day to water all of my crops before nightfall (and I often need a Field Snack or two just to have enough energy to get the job done!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

My Games

Sir_Anthony

Weird thing to say but corn is overpowered. Invest mostly in corn, use fertilizers and you're fully set for summer AND fall.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Meowpheel

Yup, each upgrade expands the water capacity and maximum range.

At higher upgrades, hold the button longer for better range.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Hughesy

NaviAndMii wrote:

@gcunit Yeah, same here...

@Meowpheel ...so, it only works with an upgraded can then? ..does each upgrade make the effect wider and wider too? ..that'd be pretty great in tandem with increased water capacity - it'd be a huge time saver for me!

I think that I need to upgrade ASAP - I've reached a tipping point now where there almost aren't enough hours in the Stardew day to water all of my crops before nightfall (and I often need a Field Snack or two just to have enough energy to get the job done!)

Well yes obviously, otherwise what would be the point in upgrading the watering can😛 The game could do a better job explaining stuff like this, but I suppose he just wants you to find everything out yourself.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Sir_Anthony I got that bug yesterday actually. A weird one for me: I keep chests in the over-world to allow me to clear out my inventory when I go to gather supplies. I had one in the town next to the beach entrance and it disappeared the next day after I colored it blue.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JasmineDragon

Sir_Anthony wrote:

Weird thing to say but corn is overpowered. Invest mostly in corn, use fertilizers and you're fully set for summer AND fall.

Damn, the corn lobby got to Stardew Valley too! And here I thought JojaCo was the real enemy...

JasmineDragon

@NaviAndMii In case you don't know it, a tip regarding the watering can upgrade: your crops won't die if you don't water them for a day. You may lose one or two plants, but it won't be a catastrophe.

EDIT: yay, now I know how to hide spoilers!

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic