Forums

Topic: Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

WaffleKnight

@Dezzy Thanks for the recommendation; I'm having a blast with the game!

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Glitchling78

@Bolt_Strike Replying to an old comment but, you’ve really intrigued me now. I hated one of the boss fights (I think it was Gulp) so something to make it easier for the skill points sounds cool.

I 100%’d Spyro 1 back in the day, the plan was to do that for 2 & 3 in this collection but then other games happened. Might have to dig back in, thanks!

Glitchling78

rallydefault

This package is worth every penny, even at full price. Enough gameplay here for 60-80 hours if you wanna 100% all three games. I absolutely love the silky smooth controls, though I will be honest about my hatred for the skateboarding levels in the second game and the flight levels in the first game.

rallydefault

Dezzy

@rallydefault

Aren't the flight levels pretty much the same in the second game?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rallydefault

@Dezzy
Nayeth, my friend. At least in my opinion. I think the flight controls are way tighter/responsive in the second game, and the way the levels flowed with the objectives made much more sense to me.

rallydefault

Vikstick168

Hi sorry to revive a dead chat again but do you guys think the switch port of this game is good i love it and dont have any other systems but it seems like a small chunk of people are hating on it im just a kid and am currently replaying the entire trilogy 120%,100% and 117% respectively and dont see any issues with the port i was looking at the comparisons and the only downgrades i see is dithering and lower textures but thats it i dont really know why there is a group of people who hate on the game for no apparent reason and no i dont care about the download size 8.7 GB is miniscule in this day and age

Vikstick168

Losermagnet

@vikgamer168 I think the Switch port is pretty great. I own a PS4 as well, and I chose the Switch version for handheld play. I regret nothing!

The internet excels at unreasonable hatred. It can be discouraging to see those types of remarks. But I've come to realize they represent such a small portion of people over all, that they really don't matter.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

rallydefault

I think the port is solid. You can definitely see the checkerboarding they had to do with the graphics to get things running at framerate, especially in handheld, but by doing so they kept the gameplay silky smooth, which is what matters in an action platformer like this. Sometimes the loads going into/out of levels and especially between worlds is a bit excessive, but those are not super frequent and didn't ultimately tune me out.

I've 100% (or 120 or whatever) the first and second game, and the skateboarding levels are the only thing keeping me from doing the same with the 3rd game lol I HATE the skateboarding controls - way too stiff and the hit detection on landing and hitting the items is janky.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Vikstick168

Thanks for the feedback obviously the switch is a not as powerful console but that dosen't mean the ports aren't good gonna get the crash nsane trilogy next month for my birthday hope it runs just as well as reignited

Vikstick168

rallydefault

@vikgamer168
I have only positive things to say about the Crash trilogy on Switch - absolutely loved it (though I did forget how tough some of the levels in the first game are lol). Graphics were good, again hitting that all-important framerate for a genre about timings and with constant movement, and the control response and hit detections were done beautifully.

I've poured close to 60 hours into the Crash and Spyro trilogies on Switch, they are the exact types of games that are my favorite, so I consider myself very picky when it comes to them. Toys for Bob really worked magic with these collections.

rallydefault

Vikstick168

yeah considering the trilogies are less expensive than first party switch games they have a lot of bang for your buck which i can't say for al lot of first party switch games

Vikstick168

dionysos283

I'm playing the Reignited Trilogy right now and I'm mostly enjoying it. If I look at YouTube videos of other versions of the game, I definitely see a difference in graphics. But I'm mostly happy with how it looks on the Switch. Especially in handheld mode the game looks gorgeous!

dionysos283

rallydefault

@dionysos283
Yea, the way I describe it on the Switch for Spyro is almost like, when you look closely, you can see a very very very light checkboard over the graphics that sort of "fuzzes" the graphics down a bit. It doesn't have the crispness you see on the PS4 version, but it sacrifices that fidelity to hit the solid 30fps. It really didn't bother me because the remastered art design is a visual treat regardless of the graphical downgrade. The environments and characters are bright and bubbly and a joy to interact with.

rallydefault

Vikstick168

Yeah but if i were to nitpick i wish the game can play 1080p docked cause i think the switch is more than capable enough to do that and some textures look straight out of a n64 game but that's about it as a kid and have nothing else to do i'm going to replay these games for years to come i'm pretty sure once i'm an adult i'll consider it the super mario all stars of my childhood even if im almost a teenager

Vikstick168

Tendo64

So I picked the remastered trilogy up recently having never played the originals. Have to say that I find these games very underwhelming and inferior to the 3D platforming genre.

Nostalgia probably plays a huge part in enjoying these games which I understand, but I just find them so linear, shallow and boring.

Nintendo-made 3D platformers as well as Rare's ones are much better.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic