Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 801 to 820 of 5,014

Qwertyninty

man reviews in less than 30 minutes... can't wait. I'm going to jump in with an open mind. Splatoon 1 wasn't able to hold my attention more than a month or so. I'm hoping for a better experience this time around.

Qwertyninty

Spoony_Tech

@Qwertyninty It's still the same core gameplay so I doubt that will change your mind.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Qwertyninty I didn't know that,cheers. I'm curious if it will review better than the original.The original was marked down for being pretty bare bones at release.If it had the ranked modes and a couple of extra maps there on day one it would have scored much higher.The sequel looks like it will have more content there day one but it could be marked down for being more of the same.I think that would be pretty harsh considering it's only the 2nd entry in the series and the original was on a low selling console.More of the same but bigger and better is good enough for me.

I read an interesing thing about the graphics on Eurogamer.The main game has little to no anti-aliasing but it runs at a locked 60fps,doesn't even flinch.But in the main hub,anti-aliasing is used along with some other effects but it only runs at 30fps. Kind of like Nintendo making a point of showing,if we want 60fps there has to be sacrifices elsewhere.The hub looked really smooth to me too,I wouldn't have guessed it was only 30fps.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Qwertyninty

@Spoony_Tech @OorWullie

Yeah part of the problem was just my mentality. I was playing a lot of blops 2 at the time on Wii U splatoon was such a departure for me I couldn't get into it. So hopeful for a better experience this time.

Qwertyninty

Haruki_NLI

Seems I was right. Critics are labelling it near universally as more of the same and just a solid if not fresh game.

Wonder if that will translate into buyers of the first not getting it, as it doesnt seem able to escape the 1.5 moniker.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

Seems about what I expected. I'm gonna unsubscribe from all video game outlets I follow on Youtube. Don't need them spoiling the bosses for me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Spoony_Tech

@BLP_Software They didn't need to reinvent the wheel and tbh not too many sequels do that are shooters. Most people expected more of the same just better but all the old players will be moving on to the new game. I haven't played Splatoon in about a year so I'm ready for a new game if only for new stages and weapons.

That co-op stage though!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

meleebrawler

Keep in mind that as good and as well as the first sold, it still has that "Wii U disclaimer" in that it's playing audience is much smaller than it otherwise would have been. 2 is poised to reach a much greater audience, one to whom "more of the same" is not really a problem.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

erv

@meleebrawler very true. I winner what the overlap in demographic is like, but I'm sure we're going to see this one become evergreen.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Late

I can finally access online multiplayer again after 1,5 years! I've been playing Splatoon on Wii U for a couple of days now and my hype for Splatoon 2 has skyrocketed. The gameplay, the music, the visuals. It's just so perfect.

I've got to experience stages I've never been able to play before thanks to Nintendo not adding them to 1vs1 local matches. The latest stage I got to play before I didn't have access to online gaming was Camp Triggerfish. Speaking of which, I just one two Tower Control matches in said map even though it was 3vs4 both times. I had an awesome teammate (random player) who kept the team together. My skills seem to be as good as ever. At least I ended up first in most of the Turf War matches today and I also got 21 kills in one round in Tower Control.

Sorry to interrupt Splatoon 2 discussion by talking about the first game so much. I'm just so happy right now. I'm sure to pick up Splatoon 2 art book and soundtrack too like I did with the original game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software Nintendo fans largely bought into MK8 Deluxe despite being a port, I don't think Splatoon 2 being more of the same would be an issue. If anything's going to affect Splatoon 2 sales negatively it'll be the fact you have to pay for online multiplayer from 2018 onwards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Pleased to see that Splatoon 2 is receiving warm praise everywhere!

Looks like Nintendo Life is the only outlet to give it full marks (so far) though.

Will buy this when I get the Switch somewhere down the line. Hope you guys have fun!

Peek-a-boo

SuperJoon

Tis on my list when I get paid next week. If I have the money will get a pro controller as well, probably the special edition Splatoon 2 one!

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Nicolai

I'm at a point now where I have all of this spare time, and I'm hating that I can't spend that time playing Splatoon 2. I keep thinking about it coming out so soon, and can't think of anything else to do.

(sigh)

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

It seems to unlock everything you will need 5 or 8 amiibo:

• Inkling Girl, Boy, Squid (Splatoon)
  • Callie, Marie (Splatoon)
  • Inkling Girl, Boy Squid (Splatoon 2)*

*Might not need these.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nicolai

Does Nintendo do pre-downloads, or did I misremember?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

yokokazuo

@Nicolai they do for Wii U and 3DS, but haven't done any for Switch yet

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Don't know about Callie, Marie and the Splatoon 2 inklings but the Splatoon inklings unlock the same exclusive gear they unlocked in the original game (School Uniform, Samurai Armor, Power Armor) in addition to exclusive Squid Beats 2 songs. I'd guess Callie and Marie would at the least have more exclusive Squid Beats 2 songs.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic