Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,661 to 4,677 of 4,677

Woomy_NNYes

@Dev893 Thanks!

Playing: A Hat in Time, Crash Team Racing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Splatoon 2, Trials Rising.
Looking forward to December CTR grand prix

FC: SW-5453-2229-5124
Usr:Anderiah / SpookyDipr (scary Halloween username)
eastern US

Heavyarms55

Woot! That was a lot of fun! Played up to King/Queen in this last Splatfest! Even managed a 7-win streak at one point! Great finale for the game.

Sure, I can still play it anytime, but this still feels like the finale. I really hope that Nintendo doesn't let Splatoon fade into obscurity. Like they have some of their other IPs... They'd be making a hell of a big mistake.

Also am I crazy, or did they buff Tenta-missiles at some point? I don't remember them being so good. But maybe I was just getting a little lucky with them.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

LetsGoSwitch

I've been playing on Chaos, I've won 1 game out of the forty I've played, I found out how op the bloblobber is, Tenta Missiles are too powerful, and the normal bomb is the best and the pros use it too much.

LetsGoSwitch

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, the final Shifty Station takes place near the final boss fight area of the Octo Expansion.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

J-Plap

MC.Princess Diaries is literally the worst name for anything in all of splatoon not only because it's straight up cringe, but it has nothing to do with the stage itself. Anyway... I'm getting mad Blackbelly Skatepark vibes from this one. It's almost exactly like it - two paths from spawn, one cuts off, one of them is a hallway - but honestly so much better because it's so open. Not much to say about the Hyperbombs other than they make pushing to the opponents base easier. The Killer Wail near the end is not only super fun, but it allows for easier last second comebacks. All in all, this imo is the best stage for Turf War - not just Shifty Stations.

J-Plap#7309 on discord

Woomy_NNYes

@Heavyarms55
tenta missiles got a buff last August or fall. In case you didn't know about that buff; if you aim tenta missiles at only one person, that person will get a powerful ten missiles shot at them, landing in a circle around them. It was an increase in damage.

Playing: A Hat in Time, Crash Team Racing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Splatoon 2, Trials Rising.

eastern US

Heavyarms55

@Woomy_NNYes That explains it, prior to August I had started using the rain cloud as my go to special, then I didn't play for a while and picked the game back up, and immediately felt like they buffed the missiles.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Woomy_NNYes

Ok forum friends. Nerd question here
Since update 5.0.0, I've noticed that one main ability of Bomb Defense Up is no longer enough to protect from a splashdown. Anyone know how much is needed now? I'm struggling to find current info that I understand.(splatoonwiki has a baffling chart)

Whoever can answer this, will earn the title of coolest person in these forums!

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

eastern US

Zyrac

@Woomy_NNYes There was no recent change to this. I think what you're missing is that the damage you take from Splashdown depends on how close you are to the blast. The closest hitbox will always kill you no matter how much BDU you have.

Edited on by Zyrac

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Woomy_NNYes

@Zyrac
"BDU"? damn, you went straight to an abbriviation. You must know what you're talking about heh
Thanks for replying. Yeah, that's something i started thinking about after i posted - the proximity of the splashdown. You're probably right. Thank you forum friend.

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

eastern US

Maxz

@Woomy_NNYes ICCHDKWHITA

(I can confirm he does know what he is talking about)

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

stuie1234

I've got a code for the online bonus gear if anybody wants it.

Stuart 43 from Yorkshire in the UK. Anyone welcome to add me. 2573-9714-5213

My Nintendo: stuie1234 | Nintendo Network ID: stuie1234

SwitchForce

How does one get the old News feed that is missing when you upgrade and don't see the older Splatoon 2 feed??

SwitchForce

Woomy_NNYes

@Zyrac, or anyone else who knows,
Is there something I can do to accept a super jump faster? Sometimes I get the long, repeating, pinging sound when a teammate is trying to super jump to me. I'll be in a safe spot on the map, and I don't understand why it takes them a long time to jump to me. Wondering if I'm missing something.

This is probably the same issue. When I try to super jump to a teammate, is there something I can do so I don't have to spam the button to jump to a teammate? Sometimes it's one easy button press to jump, other times it seems unresponsive. I've been wondering about this for a while, and can't find any info on the issue.

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

eastern US

Zyrac

@Woomy_NNYes Repeated super jump pings mean the teammate is mashing the button while waiting to respawn. Might seem pointless on their part but it does mean you get some extra warning, and might be able to move to a better place for them to land.

Not sure about the other part, maybe you're doing it while respawning yourself, or in the middle of some other action. Or your controller's acting up.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Woomy_NNYes

@Zyrac
Oh, crud. As soon as you pointed out respawn time, I knew that was it. I don't super jump often, but for no logical reason, once the super jump map was on my mind ignored respawn time. Now I can super jump like a normal person, instead of pressing jump 2-3 times. Thanks for being nice and helping me solve that mental malfunction, Zyrac.

eastern US

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic