Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 4,766

OctoInk20

And now, again, the Octo Expansion secret final boss is once again giving me problems.

I'm at my wit's end with it and may have to rely on outside help from any folks who live in my city nearby me who can defeat it so I can quickly get the Golden Toothpick and move on because I don't even care about the satisfaction of doing it myself anymore. ; ;

OctoInk20

-Green-

Good news for most players. Splatoon 2 does have anti-cheat in place since update 3.1.0. It was revealed by hackers that it is a legitimate thing.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

I posted this in the Switch thread but next week's Fork vs. Spoon NA Splatfest appears to be the last one before the paid online service goes live.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

GOing out with a bang!

Edited on by -Green-

Kimyonaakuma

Well they might as well get Fork VS Spoon out of the way, I can't see them selling their online service with Splatfests themes like that

Kimyonaakuma

OctoInk20

I feel really burnt out on Splatoon 2.

All the cheaters/autoaiming tryhards and the non-English names are stressing me out to such a great, infuriating degree that I'm just done.

I hope Nintendo Switch Online prevents, and even permanently bans those folks. They don't have any rights in being in Splatoon 2!

OctoInk20

Kimyonaakuma

OctoInk20 wrote:

All the cheaters/autoaiming tryhards and the non-English names are stressing me out....I hope Nintendo Switch Online prevents, and even permanently bans those folks. They don't have any rights in being in Splatoon 2!

I understand banning cheaters but people with non-english names? I think banning most of the world is quite extreme

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

-Green-

I'd settle for just banning the ones who wear the gas mask. Wearing it unironically is deserving of a ban.

Knuckles-Fajita

I just threw up in my mouth at the racism.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Mrtoad

@OctoInk20 How do non-English names stress you out? Are you scared people who don’t speak English are better players than you?

Going nowhere at all...

-Green-

I could kind of understand being a bit more stressed if they were Japanese names since it is generally agreed upon in the competitive community that Japan is the best at this game. It can be intimidating going up against those who appear to be Japanese because it can feel like your outclassed. The rest of the stuff about banning them and such is a big no-no tho.

Maxz

@OctoInk20 You literally bought an online game made by 任天堂, produced by 野上恒, and directed by 天野裕介, 井上精太 and 佐藤慎太郎.

If you can't deal with non-English, do us all a favour and ban yourself. Go bang some sticks together in a cave for entertainment.

"They don't have any rights in being in Splatoon 2!"

They literally made the frikkin game, you utter trowel.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Arpie

I apologies if this has been asked before I've read back a few pages in the thread but couldn't quite bring myself to read all 232. Is the game worth it if you don't enjoy online multiplayer? The game looks great and from what I have read about it has a wealth of good content but every one seems to focus on the online aspect of the game which makes me wonder if the offline parts are not as good. I love local multiplayer getting everyone around the TV with a few beers and pizza but online multiplayer just seems cold somewhat pointless to me. Also I understand there is a single player mode, obviously it's not what you buy the game for but is it worth considering or just something they tacked on because they felt they had to?

Arpie

Kimyonaakuma

@Arpie I don't typically enjoy multiplayer games but I find myself enjoying Splatoon, so you might feel the same way.
But the offline content isn't great unless you buy Octo Expansion...

Kimyonaakuma

Arpie

@Kimyonaakuma Thank you for the reply so is the offline content only single player then? Octo expansion looks interesting but I don't really like the idea of having to buy another thing on top of the base game just to make it worth my while.

Arpie

EvilLucario

@Maxz What did you expect from a guy that goes on insane Twitter rants? The rant you see here is nothing compared to that guy's Twitter page lmao.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Arpie Everybody focuses on it because well, the game focuses on it. The Hero Mode and Octo Expansion (the two singleplayer modes, the latter of which you have to buy desperately but it is better than the Hero Mode) are more or less training grounds for the multiplayer, which is the gane's focus. If you enjoy it, depends on if you mind buying a game for 60€ for about 10 hours of content. And mind you that is IF you do everything both modes offer. The rewards for doing everything though are mostly for the multiplayer, though.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic