Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 5,014

clvr

Hey everyone, Iโ€™m now a proud owner of a copy of Splatoon 2! ๐Ÿ˜†

Iโ€™ve always been cautious with this series as Iโ€™m more of a single player, action/adventure or RPG kind of dude, but the few times I got to try it out it always left me impressed.
So I found a pre-owned (though still sealed) copy at 50% and I decided to take the plunge.
A few days later, Iโ€™m now level 6 and enjoying the heck out of it, and Iโ€™ve only seen the tip!
If anyone want to add me as a friend to create NL teams, my online Switch name is the same as here on NL. Go Team Treat!

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

LzWinky

How unfortunate that you would fall to the better team

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bevinator

Iโ€™m probably going to sound like an idiot here but bare with me.

When Iโ€™m playing Splatoon on the game pad Iโ€™ve forgotten how to reset the position of the game pad alignment (Iโ€™m fairly certain I could do this before). This is forcing me to play bolt upright, which isnโ€™t good when Iโ€™m gaming in bed!

Any ideas? This is really frustrating me atm. Cheers in advance.

they say that lifeโ€™s a carousel, spinning fast youโ€™ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Itโ€™s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

clvr

@TheLZdragon were you replying to me? ๐Ÿ˜
Yeah as soon as I entered the Splatfest I saw an awful lot of Team Treat players, way more than Team Trick has.

@Bevinator Iโ€™m not sure I understood what you mean, but if youโ€™re looking for the button that recalibrates the motion sensors pf the controllers, itโ€™s Y. Hope it helps ๐Ÿ˜

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Bevinator

Thanks, I will give that a go! @clvr

they say that lifeโ€™s a carousel, spinning fast youโ€™ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Itโ€™s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

OctoInk20

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@AlternateButtons It's the paid online service, the damage done isn't as massive as something like Pokken but you'll still have people not playing Splatoon 2 because you have to pay to play online.

>" the damage done isn't as massive as something like Pokken"

Oh, it's ๐™ข๐™ช๐™˜๐™ worse than that if your think it isn't.

Now yes, while it may be $20 ($28 for us Canadians. Seriously?! Thanks, stupid Canadian entities that shall not be named! e-e), it's extremely pathetic and sad that instead of focusing on making a better anti-cheat (hint hint: BattleEye is the best out there! Get 'em on board Nintendo! I'm sure they'd be glad to help!), making cloud saves and dedicated servers for Splatoon 2?

Nah, nobody's gonna pay for that abysmal garbage, ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ž๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ with the latter two items on the list being ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž-๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ข๐™š๐™ง ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™ข๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฅ ๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง๐™™๐™จ!

OctoInk20

Grumblevolcano

@OctoInk20 Disagree, some games were affected more by the paid online than others. Pokken used to be active (able to find matches in seconds) and since the paid online it's very hard to find a match meanwhile it's still very easy to find Splatoon 2 matches. When looking at affected games there's 3 which weren't affected as much as everything else. Those are MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grogan

So many disconnects & 4v3's. Rubbish today.

1977 Binatone pong first console , true story.

OctoInk20

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@OctoInk20 Disagree, some games were affected more by the paid online than others. Pokken used to be active (able to find matches in seconds) and since the paid online it's very hard to find a match meanwhile it's still very easy to find Splatoon 2 matches. When looking at affected games there's 3 which weren't affected as much as everything else. Those are MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces.

LOL okay, keep defending stupid, anti-consumer business decisions while I and many others continue to storm the front and go to war against Nintendo for its anti-consumer NSO. Because you clearly don't understand a thing about it. :I

Enjoy your broken, peer-to-peer D/C-plagued Splatoon 2 Crapfest matches.

Edited on by OctoInk20

OctoInk20

Cynas

@OctoInk20 Grumblevolcano wasn't defending Nintendo's online service from those posts. They were only pointing out that it's easier to find online matches compared to some of Nintendo's other online games once the Online Service was launched. What are you attacking them for?

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Eric258

@AlternateButtons Yeah the grind rails are fun to use, especially when hopping between them. I got more of a problem with the structure of the stage. It feels like whomever first gains control of the centre point is guaranteed to win the match as it's difficult to take it back, due to grind rails being the only way to get to it. I wish there was another grindrail on the left side of the stage that allowed you to get to the middle since there's only really two ways to get there. Kinda reminds me of the previous shifty station with the bounce pads, although I found that one way better than this one.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Skid

@Eric258 Surprisingly you could actually reach the enemies' grind rail on the left if you managed to shoot it when it was available. It made the stage soooo much more fun.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Eric258

@Skid wait you can actually reach that left one? Maybe if I had known that I would have enjoyed the stage more. Although I do admit, I thoroughly enjoyed constantly activating the opposing teamโ€™s grind rails. I felt like such a troll haha

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Skid

@Eric258 I remember first seeing someone do it on twitter or reddit (I can't remember). They were using the mini splatling and then jumped to it. Changed my life.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Grumblevolcano

Splatoon 2 is getting a new Salmon Run map next week with the 4.2 update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Here's images of the update's contents:

Grumblevolcano

OctoInk20

I don't give a damn.

NoJ killed this game by being deaf, stupid and blind to what people have been wanting for a month and 18 days now: Cloud saves (because the excuse they gave is garbage, automated PR crap!) and dedicated servers (again, garbage, automated PR crap!). The old geezer suits over at NoJ are blind, deaf and stupid to ignore those two things, which is what entirely killed it in North America. Good job, NoJ, you killed an amazing game with an abysmal paid online that, quite frankly, should have been postponed before September 18th just so you could take yet another year to study what the good parts of your competition has for paid online. :I

We're ALL waiting, Nintendo. Quit BSing and lying and shovelling out garbage, poor-quality and automated PR and work it out or Splatoon 2 will REMAIN dead. The crusade for cloud saves and dedicated servers aren't going to die or be halted all because you keep saying "No" or "We can't". Because it's not a matter of you "can't", it's just that you WON'T out of your own stubbornness that you dug yourselves into this hole. Hell, you're making Iwata angrily weep up in heaven now that you've gone back to your blind, deaf and stupid ways.

Edited on by OctoInk20

OctoInk20

Trajan

@OctoInk20 โ€œAll the talk in the industry regarding online gaming has been misleading. Network swindlers have made it seem like companies canโ€™t survive in this business without network compatibility,โ€ said Iwata. โ€œThatโ€™s the same type of rhetoric people have been saying about the newspaper business, that the paper-based periodical business will be dead in three years. In reality, the number of users willing to pay a monthly fee for online games is small. Many of the American companies who were focusing almost exclusively on network games last year now view network capabilities as an advertising tool. The fact of the matter is, network games canโ€™t provide a stable source of profit for a company of Nintendoโ€™s scale.โ€

Splatoon 2 seems to be doing fine though.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on whatโ€™s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Alantor28

My Splatfest team, Team Salsa won yesterday. Which means I won my second Splatfest this year. But having a winning team isn't important, it's about having fun with either friends or randoms who want to have fun. So it doesn't matter who wins or lose, as long as you have fun, it's okay with me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Grumblevolcano

Final content update, 4.3.0 comes December 5th.

After that it's just Splatfests and balancing until July.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic