Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,501 to 4,520 of 4,766

-Green-

Octo Expansion was sort of ‘short’ but it definitely offered a unique and incredibly memorable experience. Left me feeling warm and gooey on the inside and honestly just cements Splatoon 2 as the best game on the Switch imo.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

The first phase of the escape felt really reminiscent of Metal Gear, what with the stealth and support crying out your name when you die.

And I'm just gonna say that the Octoling's charger victory animation puts the slosher spin to shame.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Alantor28

Hey, I have a question about motion controls. Is the game easy to play with them on?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Maxz

@Alantor28 Most players report some adjustment time - especially if they haven't played the first game - but those who get used to them swear by them - myself included.

It certainly shouldn't be an off-putting point for anyone. And if you really don't like them, you can easily turn them off. But I'd advise sticking with them as it's a beautifully fluid and reactive control setup once mastered.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

>>Day 2.
>Have yet to beat the secret final challenge...
>...about to burn any semblance of an autobomb to the ground.

Edited on by -Green-

-Green-

>>>Victory Achieved!

Alantor28

Hey, what's the easiest stages to get some credits in Octo Expansion. This DLC is kicking my ass. T_T

PSN: MMX20

Spidey-Scrub

I just beat the Octo Expansion earlier today, and oh my gosh, that was AMAZING. Not just is this what I have desperately been wanting from a Splatoon 2 single player campaign, but it exceeded some of my expectations too.

I'm looking forward to what the devs have in store for us in the future, and I'm interested in where they could take the lore of the Splatoon world next since they have fleshed out a good bit of the Octolings.

Deku-Scrub

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, why the heck can't I be Spider-Man.

Bolt_Strike

Just started on Octo Expansion, and man, the difficulty is pretty brutal. Even on the first line I'm still getting slaughtered on some of these levels. Also not fond of the CQ Point system being pretty much lives, they're equally as pointless.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ValhallaOutcast

playing the Octo Expansion and on level B02 with the ballons , about 30 seconds into the stage my sreen flickers black than it resumes but the ballons are now driffing away making it impossible to complete, anyone else have this issue?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Bolt_Strike

Just got my first Thang. Surprised that

there was no boss battle or any sort of major challenge blocking it. You just go in and get it and that's it. Kind of disappointing but considering the difficulty I'm not sure I want to fight a boss for it.

EDIT: Now up to 2 Thangs. Not sure which lines the other two are hiding yet (don't tell me, I want to figure it out for myself).

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Just beat Octo Expansion.

Well, I figured there'd have to be some kind of boss to end off this game and boy did they deliver! The Agent 3 fight was a bit irritating with how fast they were, but it was a good fight. But dat NILS battle! Now that's how you end a game. Much more epic a finale than the main game. Bomb Rush Blush was okay a battle, but lacked the stakes and excitement that NILS had.

Don't think I'll be going for the secret final boss because of the difficulty, so this is it for me. Quite a run though.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Jeyl

I finally did it! I almost forgot to capture the moment with the Switch's video capture. So here is my glorified '2001' esque rendition of my Agent 8's struggle and victory against Inner 3!

During the shot where I defeat Agent 3, take note of the Autobomb on the bottom left. If that last shot did not make contact with 3, it was over. That Autobomb exploded almost immediately after the final blow to Agent 3 made contact. It couldn't have been a closer battle.

Jeyl

Sanquine

Just got Splatoon 2 for my birthday> best shooter ever. Im loving it

Edited on by Sanquine

PSNid= Sanquine90

3DS Friend Code: 1822-0847-4476

link3710

Man, I've made it to the final section of that secret thing multiple times, without success. I absolutely love it though, this challenge feels amazing to run.

link3710

-Green-

So probably gonna get more weapons released soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Tenta Brella, Bamboozler, Tetra Dualies and Hydra are the last current weapons who need their alternate kit.

Maxz

@-Green- They should arrive with the Rank X reset on Sunday 1st July.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

-Green-

Sorry. I meant they might announce them tomorrow. Not release them, my mistake

NinjaAceTrainer

I also thought that those 4 would be getting new variants next month, but I'm now less sure with the Explosher and new Splatling coming. I'd say that Dark Tetra Dualies and the Hydra Splatling won't get a new variant this time around.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

Maxz

@-Green- Oh, sorry! In which case you were absolutely right!

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic