Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,401 to 4,420 of 5,014

veeflames

@NinjaAceTrainer Ah, you must be talking about the initial ending, when you find all the 4 thangs. That one isn't too bad. Once you clear ALL the missions though, you'll be asked to complete a final FINAL mission. Trust me, it's QUITE difficult. I still haven't completed it yet.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

And I have success!

I must admit, I have been doing THAT ONE part wrong. If not for the freak shot that finally made me complete the challenge, I think I could've been able to complete it the next time if I failed since I probably know how to deal with that part.

At least I'm done with Octo Expansion now. Worth every dollar I spent on it.

God first.

TheXReturns

@Vee_Flames Damn, I've been trying since launchday of the Octo Expansion to do the last part (Yeah, I kinda blazed through it. XD).

Fair Warning, minor spoilers for the last challenge:

I can consistently get past first and second phases, which are straightforward enough, you play dodge the inkjet around the large pillar, and then you just go extremely aggro before the bubbles end. I just cannot deal with all the autobombs though. The one time I somehow managed to end that part by sheer luck, I got taken offguard by the saucer phase. I know there's only one phase left after that, but phase three just seems to be blind luck. Any tips? (It doesn't help that I still main rollers and use sticks, which makes the splattershot quite hard to aim. XD)

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

veeflames

@TheXReturns Haha, I'm more than willing to give some tips! No one should have to go through that without knowing how to defeat it!

In general, try not to engage Agent 3. He's just too powerful and more than likely he's going to destroy you easily if you do so. Unfortunately for Agent 3, he doesn't know how to predict your movements, so as long as you keep moving he really shouldn't be able to shoot you. Just keep going around him until the time is appropriate. The statements below in bold are the most important!

1st phase: He uses the Inkjet to fire 6 shots (which are easily avoidable). After the final shot, he returns to where he launched the Inkjet, as you might expect. This is his weakness. Around the 4th or 5th shot, head to where he launched his Inkjet, and lay a Splat Bomb in that spot after his 6th shot. If you time it correctly, the bomb should explode just after he lands, dealing serious damage. To finish off this phase, make sure you shoot him as soon as he lands.

2nd phase: This time, Agent 3 uses the Bubble Blower to blow out 3 bubbles. The annoying thing about this phase is the fact that the amount of space you have when fighting Agent 3 reduces due to the space occupied by the bubbles (you do not want to be near those bubbles since 3's Autobombs can set them off). It's a little tricky, but you want to be near him when he uses the Bubble Blower. Go around the bubbles (shooting from the front is basically useless) and shoot 3 from the side. Do be cautious, since he usually throws an Autobomb on the third bubble. Oh, and you can be quite close to him while still going around him. This makes it easier to attack him while he's using his special.

3rd phase: This is where he spams his Autobomb as his special. Believe it or not, his weakness is when he's using the special. Try getting close to him while he's doing so and shoot him with all you've got. However, immediately bail when he begins shooting at you again. You want to stay alive rather than just trying to risk everything. This is easier said than done, but honestly that's all I've got to say haha!

4th phase: He attacks from the saucer. This part's quite easy, actually. Just throw your Splat Bombs to the top of the saucer. Do this successfully two times, and 3's dead. However, make sure to avoid the missiles and, yes, his Autobomb!

5th and final phase: Easily the most difficult phase. In this phase, 3 has learnt how to spam Splashdown, and with his Autobombs it's not hard at all for him to finish you. When he has his special, he will perform 3 Splashdowns in a row, so its very vital that you effectively create a straight path of escape so that the Splashdown doesn't deal you any damage. As to how to beat 3? Well, remember when I said not to engage him? After countless times losing in this phase, I realized that you have no choice but to actually engage Agent 3. Like I said earlier, a freak shot made me win, but I think this is what you should do: throw a Splat Bomb at him. He's gonna dodge to one of the sides. But before he does so, make sure you're already shooting at where he's dodges to. In other words, bait him into dodging, and then shoot with all you've got. He might dodge to the side that you're not shooting, but stay alive, save ink, and simply try again.

Whew, I think that should be it. Hopefully this helps a lot!

God first.

NinjaAceTrainer

@Vee_Flames Ah, I see. I have done the final, final, challenge. There definitely is a spike, but I didn't find it excessively difficult. I did it in half an hour, which is shorter than the time it took me to complete certain stations (ahem, Righteous Rails). It was a lot of fun though, and I'll definitely go back and do it agin at some point.

By the way, a tip you are missing for phase 4 is once you've downed Inner Agent 3, Ink all of the turf back. Phase 4 seems to me as a setup for phase 5, which is why it's so easy. Whenever they start spamming Splashdown, get close to a pillar and constantly move to the other side of their Splashdown. This is the safest and easiest way to avoid taking damage, while limiting the area that they paint. Also, for any phase, they are most vulnerable when rolling. They can't shoot you, so as long as you follow them with your shots, you can force them to roll again, opening up more weakness and inflicting massive damage. I actually only used Splat Bombs on phase 4, because they used so much ink up.

I hope that that helps @TheXReturns.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Skid

Translated patch notes that are coming today. That squiffer buff is nice. Blast radius on rapid pro is reduced.

Cool buff to tenta missiles. Overhaul on the autobombs.

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

GoldenGamer88

Bu bu but my autobombs!!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Grumblevolcano

@EmberTune I wonder if the patch will affect the difficulty of the Octo Expansion.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

@Grumblevolcano Ummm, it just says bug fixes for the octo expansion (though it is a rough translation). So I doubt it.

@GoldenGamer88 They might not be able to explode is big or last as long, but you sure enough can throw more of those chickens!

Switch

GoldenGamer88

@EmberTune Yeah, my bad. I always forget which is which when they give numbers like damage percentage old versus new and so on.
More chicks but weaker is better, yeah.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Grumblevolcano

@EmberTune I was thinking more about whether the weapon/sub/special changes also apply to the Octo Expansion. Those autobomb changes especially would make a certain level a lot easier.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

@Grumblevolcano Ah, I see what you are saying. If those changes translate over to the single player then I can see it helping.

Switch

DreamyViridi

Heh, I wouldn't count on it. Weapon changes only ever apply in Multiplayer. The single-player campaigns are typically untouched; heck, Octo Canyon still has the OG Sting Ray.

It was like that for Splatoon 1 too.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

jump

Does anyone else have the Zapfish wrapped around the tower sometimes appearing and sometimes not appearing on the press start screen when opening the game?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DreamyViridi

I've always enjoyed Salmon Run but I must say that the current rotation of weapons is the most fun I've had with it. It's randomized Grizzco weapons and it's as amazing as it sounds.

THE POWER!

(Spoiler tag because you should experience it first-hand.)

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Alantor28

Since Squids won, that means I won my first Splatfest, making it the first time I won a Splatfest with the team I choose.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

OctoInk20

90% of Pearl's team sabotaged or cheated at Splatfest by going on Team Octo and being friendly to the other team, etc. Players would purposely join team Octo, then throw the matches by either going AFK or staying spawn shooting walls.

OctoInk20

Alantor28

@OctoInk20 ...Wha?

PSN: MMX20

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic