Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 5,014

Grumblevolcano

@NinjaAceTrainer That path is probably to the Octo Expansion with it opening up when the update is live if you own the expansion.

Maybe rather than the "leaked" release date of July 13th, Nintendo pulls an E3 2015 and releases the Octo Expansion along with Wahoo World on June 9th as pre-E3 hype.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Maxz

@Octane Thanks. In a way it's not surprising this happened as the situation is almost perfectly optimised to cause confusion. It's a bit like the 'Mew under a truck' legend of old.

Not only is there the obvious language barrier to the original source, but because the announcement was (seemingly) only published in print, it's very difficult for anyone without a physical copy of the magazine to verify.

So instead we arrived at a situation where people were relying on the roughly translated report of the reaction of one person who had (presumably) read the magazine, whose summary left out several crucial details that were incorrectly inferred when first exporting the news in English. This formed the first article on which all other English-based news sources based their reports, and the fire spread from there.

I mean, to be fair, ultimately all that was wrong was that 'it was a different magazine', but Nintendo wading into the debate (I still need to do some digging to verify this) certainly wouldn't have helped things.

Anyway, the real saviour is whoever scanned that CoroCoro page. It means the original source is actually out in the open, which can be used to immediately sever the chain of Chinese/Japanese/English whispers linking back to it. Hooray for scanning machines! : )

I'm now doing some research into the claim that Nintendo 'intervened' to state that the claim was "baseless rumour". Following the given 'source' or each article across various websites, there furthest I've got it to this Spanish website. Depsite not knowing any Spanish, I can at least confirm that that the English quote provided for Nintendo's refutal is simply what you get if you stick the Spanish quote into Google Translate. Which perhaps explains the grammatically questionable final sentence (otherwise it seems a scarily believable translation). Anyway, can anyone go further down the rabbit hole? Does the Spanish site provide any source for Nintendo's apparent rejection of the Jump article (that was actually published by CoroCoro)?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@Maxz That site cites a 'press release' as a source, nothing more. Chances are they know as much as any other site and just made that up.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Maxz

@MarcelRguez Aah man. Well, I guess we've reached the end of the rabbit hole. Thanks for your help. They really make you work for your news, don't they!

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Dogorilla

I hope the world-shocking announcement is that they've improved the netcode so people stop disconnecting all the time. And I thought the rank meter wasn't supposed to be affected if you lose after your teammates disconnect, but sometimes it goes down anyway! I'd say someone disconnects in about a quarter of the matches I play, which is very frustrating...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

meleebrawler

@Dogorilla That clause only applies if the players disconnected more than a minute ago or so. The message states "Some players disconnected early on".

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Dogorilla

@meleebrawler Yeah, it was early on when they disconnected. Not right at the start of the game, but definitely more than a minute before the end.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Maxz

@Dogorilla I think it's measured from
the start rather than the end. I'm not sure when the cutoff point is, but I think if they DC within the first 30 seconds you're safe.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Pazzo-TheFool

It's funny, because I use WiFi and I may get disconnects every 10 rounds... but almost never on my side.

Methinks it is the players that protest too much...

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Skid

Man, the hype with pokemon is beyond boiling point now. I'm having fun speculating. But splatoon has to be my favorite IP from nintendo now. When does the octo expansion come out! I can't wait to play as octoboy online! I need to grind stages!!!

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Pazzo-TheFool

It's interesting how in a short time Splatoon has become such a beloved series.

I think it's the style, the swagger that endears me to it.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

607jf

Anyone else see the inkling in the plaza with ?cop gear. hacked gear?

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Pazzo-TheFool

@607jf

No, not yet.

Is it fresh?

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

607jf

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by 607jf

Pazzo-TheFool

I think that stuff's been in since day 1, interesting someone was able to hack it in.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Skid

@607jf @Pazzo-ZaFool
Yeah, I think it was in an earlier data mine. We could be wrong. I'm assuming, and hoping, that it comes out at the same time as the octo expansion. I've been missing my octoling goggles. Can't wait to be wearing this and the forge octarian jacket. Probably the gold hi-horses too.

Switch

EvilLucario

So yesterday, I ordered the game off Newegg on one of their sales for $45. Now I can join in the conversation once my copy arrives around a week from now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Skid

@EvilLucario Just in time before the octo expansion drops too. Though it isn't necessary I guess.

Switch

607jf

so its save editing but nintendo has been banning for level/rank editing, so that's good.

Octane

It's not a game of skill, but a game of luck; Getting lucky you don't end up with a bunch of noobs in your team. When you lose seven out of the eight matches during Splatfest, even though I got the most kills, used my special the most, which also equates to most ground covered, you know it's not your fault. I wish ranked also applied to Splatfests.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic