Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 4,768

Grumblevolcano

@Octane The app shows which team your Switch friends pick.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

@Octane Sweet, maybe around 9:30 AM BST? The other two probably would also have to
time at a later point if you can't at that time.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Octane

@GoldenGamer88 9:30am!? I'm still recovering from the hangover at that time

Anything past noon is fine by me!

Octane

GoldenGamer88

@Octane Fine by me and hopefully @NinjaAceTrainer as well. Let‘s make it 1 PM BST then.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NinjaAceTrainer

@Octane I won't be free from 10 AM to 1 PM, so I could make that time work, but I'll be a bit late for 1 PM. Also, just to make communication easier, are you going to join the NL Inklings Discord?

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

darkfenrir

I have some questions for you guys that play Splatoon 2, if I don't have much plan to play this multiplayer, how much fun will I get with this?

(And possibly can get it for around $40 secondhand ish)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

NinjaAceTrainer

@darkfenrir Not much I'm afraid. The single player campaign on its own is 8~ hours long, 20 hours long if you 100% everything and get every hero weapon, which means completing all 28 levels with all 9 weapons, which can get quite repetitive. The Octo expansion is coming out in Summer, bringing an extra 80 levels, but you'll have to shell out $20/€20/£18 for that. It really isn't worth it for that alone. The multiplayer is stellar though.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer Ouch... guess not then :[

Was hoping it'll be deeper since I'm a single player person to be honest (Never get into multi much unless it's local since I enjoy a lot of just messing around with friends, online is just too hard with around 12 hours timezone difference).

Thank you for giving answer!

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Tsurii

Is it just me or are matches on this Shifty Station ridiculously one-sided? So far every single match resulted with one side winning with over 60% and it's pretty much always decided the moment either takes control of that slightly higher middle portion.

I know Splatoon matches mostly revolve around taking control of the center but this is kinda ridiculous tbh lel

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

NinjaAceTrainer

@Tsurii They definitely are. I love this Shifty Station, particularly because Stingray is my favourite special, but controlling and holding the centre near the beginning is an enourmous boon. I do wish that the Grapples were part of a permanent stage though.

Tsurii

@NinjaAceTrainer I like it, don't get me wrong. Easy wins are awesome after all

It's just a little weird to me that, so far, I haven't seen someone even attempt to take the middle as blatantly as I do. Most players seem to try to jump around the corners in the middle and get up to the platform from behind but... It's not really working because incoming teammates can see, and pick up, enemies quite easily there. It's basically King of the hill except once you're on top of that hill your team stays king XD

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Grumblevolcano

Salty won 2-1.

Votes: 44-56
Solo: 52-48
Team: 54-46

I may be in the top 50 Salty by having won all 7 placement matches.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pazzo-TheFool

I had the best moment in this Shifty Station, someone popped my Bubble and rocketed me halfway across the stage after I got a splat.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Tsurii

@Pazzo-ZaFool I got a real kick out of using suction bombs to get behind enemies or up to the middle quicker lel
I'd probably be annoyed after a while, if it really happened, but it'd rad to have at least one regular map with those balloon thingies.

It'd probably also be rad if I could aim for **** because it'd stuff like this would look actually cool XD

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Heavyarms55

So I was playing this weekend, and ran into some real frustrations...

Nothing that hasn't already been said but, while I love this game(and I really do, 65 hours in and pre-ordered the expansion), the match making is so bad. It sucks being level 25 and getting stuck in a game where everyone else is level 45-72. It feels almost as bad to see level 1-10 players matched up with 20-40 or higher. Of course people who've played the game double or triple as much should be noticeably better.

Then Splatfests? I was excited since my friend finally got the game, only to discover that during Splatfests, which are supposed to be these big events, I cannot party up with a friend unless we have a full team of 4 players.

And don't even get me started on the phone app... Why can't Nintendo get parties and invites right. Microsoft had the party system down pat back in 2007 in Halo 3 and COD 4. Messages, voice chat, invites, all built into the system.

I just really hope that they overhaul this when the paid online service comes out. I doubt it, but I can hope.

I love the Switch, and Splatoon 2 is my go-to shooter these days, but in some ways it is shocking how Nintendo continues to screw up online support.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Skid

@Tsurii This map was so much fun. Part of the time I found myself playing with the hooks instead of just turfing. I mean, how can you blame me, no regular map has them so I might as well use them while I can. Shooting one with the ink jet automatically ended your special, but using your last shot on one would send you there instead of back to you landing spot where someone was camping to splat you.

This splatfest made me fall in love with the undercover brella. Baiting people into your mines or a splashdown was hilarious. Run speed and ink saver main is your friend with this weapon. Lots of hoping and strafing to herd your opponent. Plus if you got splatted your mines point them out to your teammate. This thing can surprisingly hold down the middle of the stage as long as your teammates take care of the chargers. Rollers were a problem them. They run straight through the shield.

I think my best weapon might be the goo tuber though. So mobile with the long charge save. Sets up so much ledge jumping "trick" shots.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S+0 | RM: S+1 | CB: A+

Grumblevolcano

Octo Expansion launches July 13th!

Grumblevolcano

Tsurii

Neat. Should be enough time to tear Strange Journey inside out till then XD

Hope the Octoling boys look neat. Greatly prefer Inkling in Splatoon 2 but they're still not exactly among my favorite designs for playable characters lel

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic