Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,141 to 4,160 of 5,014

Grumblevolcano

Salty won 2-1.

Votes: 44-56
Solo: 52-48
Team: 54-46

I may be in the top 50 Salty by having won all 7 placement matches.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pazzo-TheFool

I had the best moment in this Shifty Station, someone popped my Bubble and rocketed me halfway across the stage after I got a splat.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Heavyarms55

So I was playing this weekend, and ran into some real frustrations...

Nothing that hasn't already been said but, while I love this game(and I really do, 65 hours in and pre-ordered the expansion), the match making is so bad. It sucks being level 25 and getting stuck in a game where everyone else is level 45-72. It feels almost as bad to see level 1-10 players matched up with 20-40 or higher. Of course people who've played the game double or triple as much should be noticeably better.

Then Splatfests? I was excited since my friend finally got the game, only to discover that during Splatfests, which are supposed to be these big events, I cannot party up with a friend unless we have a full team of 4 players.

And don't even get me started on the phone app... Why can't Nintendo get parties and invites right. Microsoft had the party system down pat back in 2007 in Halo 3 and COD 4. Messages, voice chat, invites, all built into the system.

I just really hope that they overhaul this when the paid online service comes out. I doubt it, but I can hope.

I love the Switch, and Splatoon 2 is my go-to shooter these days, but in some ways it is shocking how Nintendo continues to screw up online support.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Skid

@Tsurii This map was so much fun. Part of the time I found myself playing with the hooks instead of just turfing. I mean, how can you blame me, no regular map has them so I might as well use them while I can. Shooting one with the ink jet automatically ended your special, but using your last shot on one would send you there instead of back to you landing spot where someone was camping to splat you.

This splatfest made me fall in love with the undercover brella. Baiting people into your mines or a splashdown was hilarious. Run speed and ink saver main is your friend with this weapon. Lots of hoping and strafing to herd your opponent. Plus if you got splatted your mines point them out to your teammate. This thing can surprisingly hold down the middle of the stage as long as your teammates take care of the chargers. Rollers were a problem them. They run straight through the shield.

I think my best weapon might be the goo tuber though. So mobile with the long charge save. Sets up so much ledge jumping "trick" shots.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Grumblevolcano

Octo Expansion launches July 13th!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaAceTrainer

@NapalmPsalm With any brella, rollers should bounce off the shield when they roll on it. Even if they break it in one hit. I find rollers dead easy with any brella, particularly the Undercover.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Skid

@NinjaAceTrainer Yeah, my wording is pretty poor on that. They never just rolled straight through the shield, it just felt like it at times because things were going so fast. They would run up to me and get me with the sweet spot of a flick and then go straight into a roll and run over me since the shield would be broken at that point. The other brellas I have no problem with them, but since I was trying to control a high traffic area my shield (although already weak) would be getting broken pretty fast and then rollers were rolling up on me with little time to react. Maybe it was also due to the shifty station. There were a lot of ways to get to the middle. One on one with a roller as the UC brella is a lot easier though.

Switch

Skid

@Tsurii Usually when someone is doing that they are trying to build up their special meter in order to provide support. Sometimes going headfirst to the objective after respawning will just get you splatted again, which doesn't help the team at all either.

On the other side some people just don't know what they are doing, which is usually in the lower ranks unless a high rank player has someone else trying out the game on their account.

I've been learning to take the online in strides and to have fun with it even when I lose...

even when I FREAKING LOSE!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm good.

Switch

NinjaAceTrainer

@NapalmPsalm Oh, ok, I understand. If you have multiple foes to deal with with the Undercover Brella, it is quite difficult to deal with all of them. I understand. I prefer the standard brella to the other two, so I often shoot off my brella as a diversion/cover to deal with multiple foes. Thanks for clarifying though.

Skid

@NinjaAceTrainer Yeah, no problem.
I think each brella has its own thing it is good at. Overall I think the original brella is the most rounded between being used defensive or offensive to fit the situation(I've changed this sentence ten times and I can't get it to read right for me for some reason, sorry). Tenta is purely defense/support in my opinion, though you can be offensive with the bubble and shield technique. Undercover is an offensive weapon, but in a very passive way in my opinion. You need cover or high ground to work with to get them to fall into your trap like I explained above. I haven't tried the sorella brella yet, but it looks like they took everything great about the original and just gave it something that doesn't make sense. I'll have to try it out soon. Basically I feel like this is how it is for me:

Usefulness ---------------------------------- Favorite
1. Brella --------------------------------------- 1. Undercover
2. Tenta --------------------------------------- 1. Brella (yes both are #1 while leaning to UC)
3. Undercover ------------------------------ 3. Tenta
TBD Sorella --------------------------------- TBD Sorella

Edited on by Skid

Switch

NinjaAceTrainer

@NapalmPsalm I agree, though I think that the Undercover can be used as meagre support to protect an ally for a moment. Also, sorry for the late response, and also sorry because I cannot at all make out what you mean to convey to me with your list at the end.

Skid

@NinjaAceTrainer Haha, sorry about the list. It wasn't exactly directed at as much as it just being a discussion topic for anybody that decided to get on here.

Basically my two lists are what I think are the best to worst, and my favorite to least favorite. I like to see peoples thoughts/ranks of weapon sets within each particular weapon type.

Switch

NinjaAceTrainer

Ah, in that case, Favourites:
1. Splat Brella
2. Tenta Brella/Undercover Brella
Usefulness:
1. Splat Brella
2. Undercover Brella
3. Tenta Brella
I haven't used the Sorella, so can't judge, but I'm not convinced by its set.

Pazzo-TheFool

As for Ranked, X will help shift the wheat from the chaff.

Right now you just really have to stick with it. I finally broke +2 on SZ because I had to work like 2 players.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Skid

Man, I only get to play this game for about 45 minutes during the week at lunch. After work uverse is crap because everyone is how and slowing its lines down causing me to disconnect a lot. I usually play things that don't need internet after 4.

But I'm finally S class in everything but clamblitz. I think its going to take me forever to get to S+ in everything waiting for the luck of the draw in playing each mode and actually winning on top of that. I am moving somewhere that doesn't have uverse soon. Hopefully the other internet provider works better after work.

Switch

Pazzo-TheFool

@NapalmPsalm Story of my life. I'm changing providers because #1 AT&T is pretty bad where I am and #2 Mobile Hotspot doesn't work at all for it.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Lroy

Can I ask for confirmation that the purple Squid amiibo released for SPLATOON 2 will work with the original Wii U game to unlock the Kraken ability/challenges?

My young son is asking specifically for the green one which was released for SPLATOON 1 but that is long out of stock as is the later recoloured orange one. I just want to be sure the newer purple Squid amiibo still works the same with SPLATOON 1. Thank you.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Octane I can see that site says they are compatible. Does it state that the purple one can unlock the Kraken? I can't seem to see that there?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Octane

@Lroy It says ''Access challenge mode stages, and beat them to unlock exclusive gear and mini-games …as Inkling Squid''

So I believe that all of the three squid amiibo unlock the same thing. Same applies to the boy and girl Inkling.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic