Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

Are any of the Shifty maps likely to come back? I, too, absolutely loved the latest layout - it'd be a shame to think that it'd be gone forever...

I think it'd be really cool if (after they've finished adding content/doing Splatfest's) they'd bring back all of the Shifty layouts in some form or other - possibly by making it so that one random Shifty map is playable every weekend perhaps? ..or just adding them all to the regular rotation (eg. 3 stage rotation, always 1 Shifty?)

Anyone think that's likely? ..or are they gone for good?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@NaviAndMii Given new content was only announced for a year, I think the Shifty maps will repeat over the 2nd year of Splatfests. So like this cannon Shifty map being for the February 2019 Splatfest.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

@Grumblevolcano That'd be cool I'd love to see them added in permanently once all of the updates/Splatfests are done - but I'd also be pretty happy to see each Shifty map get a second outing in the year 2 Splatfest's...it'd just be sad to think that they'd be gone forever!

Pazzo-TheFool

Maybe one random Shify Station at a time will appear once all the Splatfests are finished.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Grumblevolcano

@NaviAndMii Well what'll happen with Splatoon 2 in general after the Splatfests finish is a big question itself. Was Splatoon 2 released in 2017 to quickly get Splatoon onto Switch, because they planned on releasing a new game every 2 years, both or maybe some other reason?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaAceTrainer

They might run a poll to see which shifty maps are most popular, then make the winner(s) permanent stages, after editing them slightly.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

e-love

I really like the layout of this shifty station. the canons are a fun gimmick, but I'd like the general layout even without them there if they weren't

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

GoldenGamer88

I‘d say they have us vote for four or five of our favorite Shifty Stations and add them as normal stages. They still count as one stage but they change in a fixed rotation every time the stage appears as each variation still plays differently with different weapons.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

GoldenGamer88

@Dev That‘s not surprising. Nobody with good sense of morales chooses Money over Love and wears the fact on his shirt for all the world to see. Should‘ve gone with them gherkins, NA!

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 @NinjaAceTrainer Yeah, I'd like that I've genuinely enjoyed all of the Shifty Station maps that I've played so far, but the 'cannon' layout has probably been my favourite - it'd certainly get my vote!

@emaan Yeah, I thought that as well! I loved the general layout! ..having the spawns at the top of huge slopes was very cool, the arrangement of the slopes was great, the towers were well positioned - I loved how the elevated central section would usually turn in to a major conflict zone and that the 'side trenches' allowed you to flank that area, offering some tactical flexibility - and the cannons just finished the stage off beautifully! ..just awesome!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

NinjaAceTrainer

@NaviAndMii The cannon layout has to be my favourite aswell. If they keep adding elements from the single player, then I hope that they add ride rails or boost pads. Can you imagine rocketing around a stage on either of those? I think that it would be a lot of fun. The only other thing that they could use would be rollonium, but that would be seriously broken.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Zyrac

Given the fleeting existence of Shifty Station layouts, I think it's good for them to take the opportunity to be as dumb and gimmicky as possible. I mean, I wouldn't want that cannon layout as a regular stage, but it was fun to have for a day, you know? If these do get brought back in some form once Splatfests are done, I think they should be kept relatively rare so as not to wear out their welcome.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

Maxz

There is hope for humanity after all! Now let us save the world and let love reign supreme!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Was on team Money

Heh heh... sup guys?

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Maxz

@Caldorosso-E We forgive and extend our love to you because we are crazy virtuous love machines overflowing with affection and amore.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Pazzo-TheFool

@Maxz This is the best timeline, because otherwise if we won I'd have to share my money.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Maxz

@Caldorosso-E If Love had been defeated I think all notions such as 'sharing' would have gone with it. You'd probably just have pocketed all the slain Romantics' money, and then perhaps... turned on each other. I guess we'll never know!

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

-Green-

I hope the new patch buffs the dynamo. Right now it's such an awful weapon :c

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Pazzo-TheFool

Maybe then love winning was the best for everyone. @Maxz

@-Green-
Maybe Vanilla Dynamo, but Gold works well for what it is. Use it in Turf War and Splat Zones.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic