Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 5,014

MarcelRguez

Bring those back as reworked Salmon Run maps.

Keep that lore fresh.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Maxz

Speaking of stages, I feel at least someone should have mentioned by now that the next SplatFest's Mystery Station will feature FRIKKIN CANNONS!

Untitled

BOOM!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The new Europe Splatfest is about gherkins in burgers (disgusting/delicious).

As for returning stages, if we look at what's come so far and when they came on Wii U:

• Moray Towers (July 2015)
  • Port Mackerel (June 2015)
  • Kelp Dome (June 2015)
  • Blackbelly Skatepark (Launch)
  • Walleye Warehouse (Launch)
  • Arowana Mall (Launch)

I think these will come to Splatoon 2 (no Bluefin Depot if only 3):

• Urchin Underpass (Launch)
  • Saltspray Rig (Launch)
  • Bluefin Depot (June 2015)
  • Camp Triggerfish (July 2015)

Given that there has been a larger focus on the older Wii U stages.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

Ah, finally a theme I can relate with! No gherkins whatsoever! They‘re disgusting. Putting them on is one of the steps to ruin a burger imo. The others are putting too many cut down onions in, like McDonald‘s likes to do. The third is to literally drown it in sauce, like BurgerKing likes to do. The latter‘s absolute disgusting! When the bread on top is already so soggy from all the sauce and as you get to the second half of the burger, the sauce has all been pushed back there by your bites and then you already see it almost dripping out of the burger, it‘s disgusting! I‘m a simple man when it comes to any sandwich. Give me cheese, put a few drops of ketchup and mustard between the sausage/meat and the cheese and on top a few sprinkles of onions because these are delicious in small doses. Close off with the bread and done!

Umm .... anyway, yeah, a friend of mine noticed that as well the other day, @Grumblevolcano, said he thought it‘d be nice to at least have the original five in there. Given the original ones are the first ones they‘ve created for the series at a time they didn‘t have as much experience, I think it makes sense they‘d wanna revisit them and change a few things. Though given Urchin already got a make-over in S1, we‘ll see if it returns or not.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Maxz

I'd be very surprised if we see Saltspray returning. I suppose with some rejigging with ink lines and sponges it could fix some of the problems with the original, but nearly all the current stages allow a team to fan out and then come together fairly smoothly. Saltspray locks you down separate paths. I don't know, maybe that's not why, but it just feels... 'different' from the current crop. And not in a way I particularly like.

I felt Mahi Mahi had the opposite problem of feeling so spread out that there was often little feeling of 'pushing' through it, and team would often unsatisfyingly drift apart. Most of the old stages that have been released since launch have had relatively safe designs, which have been tinkered with to bring them up to date. It's the stages with certain gimmicks at their centre which have yet to make the cut, so I don't really expect a stage like Saltspray back.

Anyway, I really like what they've done with Arowana, both in terms of aesthetics and design.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

shani

Maxz wrote:

Speaking of stages, I feel at least someone should have mentioned by now that the next SplatFest's Mystery Station will feature FRIKKIN CANNONS!

Wait, what?! I'm curious how that will work out.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Given that there has been a larger focus on the older Wii U stages.

I think that's mainly because they want to introduce the original game's stages in the original order (more or less). At least I'm hoping they will bring back its newer stages after the older stages, because some of the newer ones were my absolute favourites!

I agree with Maxz, I don't think Saltspray Rig would be a good idea. Personally, I think the same applies to Bluefin Depot, it was just too unbalanced IMHO.

From the remaining 8 stages I definitely want these to return:

Flounder Heights
Mahi Mahi Resort
Camp Triggerfish

It would also be nice to get these two back as well since each of them had something unique that's not represented in Splatoon 2 yet:

Urchin Underpass
Hammerhead Bridge

The same applies to these but I guess I could live without them:

Piranha Pit
I liked Museum D'Alfonsino
Ancho-V Games

Of course it'd be great if they enhanced them just as they did so far with the returning old stages.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Jaybee23

@shani Hi Shani, most of the players seemed to be experienced with some levels reaching 30s + (video will show some of the higher levels). But I'm playing a lot more now on ranked battle, and it's becoming more challenging, which I'm enjoying!

Thanks

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

FlashBoomerang

Was be nice see some more stages from the first game in Splatoon 2.
Probably some of they will came wiith updates.

If you want know my Splatoon webcomic, check it:
www.splatzones.com

W90WBA

Loving this game! Even wish it lasted longer than 3 mins online, doing the offline stuff too which is fun

Is there anyway to skip the annoying video at the start after you’ve pressed ZL+ZR - does my head in

W90WBA

Maxz

@Shane17 Unfortunately not. It's perhaps the biggest legitimate criticism you could throw at the game; it takes so long to to trawl through dialogue before you can actually play it.

Once you start playing Ranked, the matches will go up to a maximum of 5 minutes, so it might feel a bit fuller.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

W90WBA

@Maxz that’s a shame, I find it such an annoyance just smashing A to try and get passed it!

Yeah it’s great finally won my first game just as I suck being on L2 currently! For someone like myself though I’m never top of the COD/BF games for killing, so a game like this where killing people or shooting them doesn’t matter as much as doing the objective i’ts brilliant!

W90WBA

shani

@Shane17 @Maxz I agree, I wish the news would only pop up once you enter the lobby. Or they could add a checkbox [ ] display news in the user settings, but I guess they want you to see the news at some point.

Still, it's better than in Splatoon 1, where you had to watch the news every single time you booted the game.
If you leave Splatoon 2 open (and put your Switch in sleep mode), you don't have to watch the news again. Unless it's a new day (or is it after 24 hours?).

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Alrighty then, bureaucracy threw me a curve ball again and as it turns out, I can only shoot my film at the main location during weekdays, until Fridays, not Saturday and Sunday, like actually planned. Only good thing in this is that I have now all the time of the world to participate in this weekend‘s Splatfest. Would really love to join with some fellow members from Team Gherk-Out and play some Team Matches.

@shani Huh, I leave Splatoon 2 always open and it only tells me the news when Salmon Run closes or opens.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Zyrac

News is only retriggered when there's new content or when Salmon Run opens (not when it closes).

Edit: Speaking of new content, this week's weapon is the Custom Goo Tuber with Curling Bombs and Inkjet. I feel like this makes more sense than the original Goo Tuber set (Suction Bombs and Splashdown). Perhaps it'll be a little less maligned now?

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

iLikeUrAttitude

Hello everyone I just got into Splatoon 2 and I been trying to sub strafe and it's not working for me. Has it recently been patched?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

GoldenGamer88

So in regards to Team Matches, SplatNet 2 tells me @NaviAndMii is at least Gherk-Out. Don‘t know for sure but @Zyrac also mentioned he‘d go Team Gherk-Out, I think. If both of you have time and are willing to join me, this would leave just one member. Btw, I could play from when the Splatfest begins until around 10 PM CEST on Saturday.

Zyrac

@iLikeUrAttitude It's still a thing. As long as you keep holding R you should be able to quickly change momentum while swimming by releasing ZL for a moment and pressing it again while holding a different direction. Unless you have Ink Mines, in which case it won't work.

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, I intend to pick Gherk-Out. I'm pretty available on Saturday so if we do get a fourth I should be able to take part.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Zyrac @NaviAndMii That‘s awesome! I already wrote to some german friends if they‘d like to join us tomorrow, though, neither of them has played Splatoon as much as any of us three have. So if any fellow Gherk-Out member on here could join us, I‘d be extremely delighted! Always meant to do some Team Matches and this is as close as I have gotten thus far.

GoldenGamer88

@Zyrac @NaviAndMii Guys, I got a fourth! He‘s from a german Nintendo fan site, where I‘m also an user. How does 7:10 PM CEST sound to you guys? Also, do we wanna voice chat over at the NL Inklings Discord? There should be a link to it over at the Multiplayer Match Organization Thread.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic