Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 5,014

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii That‘s okay. Next period‘s starting on Thursday, Feb 1, so we might get together then as well if more are interested (which is weird. Usually there‘s only 24-36 hours inbetween periods). Playing Salmon Run with friends more often would be great in general. More communication and less sucky teammates.

Anyway, like I was trying to write earlier but some backend fetch keeps failing, most of my gear is made from all those 'garbage' chunks I collected whilst farming for Ink Saver Main, Ink Recovery Up and Swim Speed Up chunks. Only a third of my entire collection is actually in active use, and that‘s prob an overestimation as well. But I have learned to appreciate some other abilities thanks to these garbage chunks like Run Speed Up, Special Charge Up, Special Power Up, Ink Saver Sub and Sub Power Up thanks to perfecting them.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JoyBoy

@YummyHappyPills Do you stream regularly? It did help to watch your stream for a bit; without the chaos you tend to learn new modes better

We should try and make this a regular thing, i’d be up for that.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haruki_NLI

@Spanjard I stream various things numerous times a week yep

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GoldenGamer88

@Zyrac If it‘s just the two of us, maybe we could play SR on Feb 1 instead, like I suggested to @NaviAndMii. Then we‘d at least have three people and maybe even a fourth. I‘d gladly join you if you insist on playing today/would play today anyway, though.

Zyrac

@GoldenGamer88 I'm fine with playing today anway if you are. I might be in for Thursday as well, depending on what else I've got going on.

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Zyrac Okay then, I‘ll be online in 20 mins. Maybe we could chat a bit on the NL chat?

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Jaybee23

I’ve only had the game 2 days and already hit level 10. It seems alot of people on my team usually go for the attack and don’t understand the concept of the game.

Have a quick vid here for newbies based on my experience. Might be useful 👍🏼

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

NaviAndMii

My new outfit seems to be working a treat! Since returning to Ranked Mode, I've already managed to Rank Up a couple of times - spamming Curling Bombs in to the Splat Zone was really helping me to dominate that mode at B Rank (now a proud A-! ) ..and I finally gave Clam Blitz a go and quickly earned a promotion to B Rank thanks to, well, mainly just knowledge of the rules! (..seriously, a lot of the time it felt like I was the only one who knew how to score points - so as long as I did, we'd usually win! :/)

I'm looking forward to giving Clam Blitz a go at higher ranks, though - I can already see the potential for interesting team play and more tactic-based battles! Can't wait to get stuck back in at B Rank - and hopefully bringing up my first ever S Rank in one (or more) of the other modes at some point soon! **fingers crossed!** ..just so, so pleased that I've finally got an outfit (with 3 slight variants now) that I'm confident in for Ranked matches!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

ThomGee

I finally reached S+ in a Ranked Mode for the first time, in Splat Zones. It was mostly luck.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

@Strix Congratulations! I had just about enough time to get myself up to Rank A in Splat Zones this morning, so I'm edging ever closer to the coveted 'S Ranks' ..hopefully some of your 'luck' will rub off on me! I'm on a pretty good streak at the moment though, so fingers crossed it won't be too long until I can compete with the big Inkling Boys and Girls!

Untitled

...!!!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Arowana Mall is coming tomorrow!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pazzo-TheFool

Yesss.... that's what I like to hear. Chargers, to arms!

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

Great, now that I am finally home on Fridays again and could play on Arowana, I am down with a nasty cold! Maybe a few matches ...

Zyrac

So is anyone up for Salmon Run this evening (i.e. the time range in my sig)? I'll be playing regardless as I think this weapon set (Junior, Undercover, Dynamo, Squiffer) looks fun, but it's also not exactly easy, so it'd be nice if I could have a player or three from here instead of randoms.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

Sp apparently Arowana Mall an additional pathway on the left? That's awesome!

Untitled

@Jaybee23 That might be because you were matched with other newcomers? Or what level did those players have? Anyway, welcome to Splatoon!

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

With Arowana Mall released today, we‘ve officially reached the amount of stages in Splatoon 1, which is 16 (not counting Shifty Station) This has brought up the question within me: We know we‘ll get at least a year‘s worth of update content, like our weekly weapons and monthly stages. With Arowana being a returning stage and the February stage, this leaves the April and June stages as returning ones (since it‘s always been new, old, new, old, new ...).
So, which ones would I like to return the most? My heart screams 'Saltspray' and 'Triggerfrish'. But my mind wants Triggerfrish and a stage post-Hammerhead (these being d‘Alfonsino, Mahi-Mahi, Piranha and Ancho-V). The reason for this is that I fell out of the original a bit after Hammerhead was released. I know, I could return to S1 right now and check them out and one day I will (who knows, maybe this weekend, still recovering from my cold so I can‘t play for too long anyway). But even without my hatred for the WiiU, I‘d never return to S1 long-term. So that‘s why I‘d like one of these four to return.

So which two returning stages would you like to see the most?

Edit: Also note that we‘ve got two stages in a month before (Snapper and Blackbelly in October) so who knows what‘ll happen, maybe we get more than the 21 stages (again, excluding Shifty) by the end of July?

Dogorilla

Do you think they'll port over every stage from the first game eventually? I'd like to think they will do by the time the Wii U's servers inevitably shut down, otherwise some of S1's stages will be lost forever. The 10 stages that are exclusive to the first game are:
Urchin Underpass
Saltspray Rig
Bluefin Depot
Camp Triggerfish
Flounder Heights
Hammerhead Bridge
Museum D'Alfonsino
Mahi-Mahi Resort
Piranha Pit
Ancho-V Games

Urchin Underpass and Museum D'Alfonsino are maybe a bit too similar to The Reef and Inkblot Art Academy respectively, so they might not consider those to be worth porting? Then again Urchin Underpass is in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so it's still relevant in that sense.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

GoldenGamer88

@Dogorilla It'd definitely be nice to see and play on them again eventually, though, this does sound more like a long-term thing and unlikely to happen in Splatoon 2 (no matter if they extend the content updates or not). Also leading members of Splatoon 2's dev team said not all of Splatoon 1's stages would return in Splatoon 2 in an interview I stumbled across whilst searching for something else ( http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/splatoon-2-developers-perfo... ). Considering ... well, WiiU's entire being, I doubt its online services will survive up until Splatoon 3, though, I could be wrong, of course.

I don't think Museum d'Alfonsino is too similar to Inkblot Art Academy. Sure, the settings are similar but it's the layout of the map that matters in the game and they don't seem too much alike in that regard. Urchin Underpass does stand on its own as well, though, I'm not a fan personally.

Dogorilla

@GoldenGamer88 Ah, I didn't know they'd said they wouldn't port all the stages. That's a shame but as you say they could bring them back for a potential third game.

I agree that those stages are different enough to warrant porting them to Splatoon 2, but the developers might not give them priority over other returning stages, as they probably wouldn't want to have too many aesthetically similar stages. I may be wrong of course.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic