Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 4,111

Blur_Escalation

Clam Blitz is slower than expected. It's probably the slowest of all Ranked modes. But if you don't pay attention the game can turn pretty quickly.
I had 3 team members in front of our goal that couldn't stop an enemy to burst the goal and throw some clams in it... for some reason. lol (B Rank) On the other hand I was able to sneak in and burst the enemy goal. We won with 1 point lead with 15 seconds left +overtime. ^^
Love the new mode. Voice chat would be great but only with a team you know. Best tactic would be to stack 9 clams and get the last one at the goal. Talking is very important. With strangers it would probably be chaotic, especially in Europe where not everyone is speaking English fluent enough or at all.

Blur_Escalation

Grumblevolcano

Slosher Deco and Walleye Warehouse are coming tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zyrac

Official English announcements have been much more timely as of late, which is nice. Would be even nicer if they said what sub and special that thing has, though.

Played Clam Blitz for a bit but haven't quite gotten out of the C ranks yet. It's a slightly frustrating task given that half the players have no idea what they're doing. A mode with rules this complex could really use a proper tutorial; you can't trust people to learn by themselves before jumping in.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

NapalmPsalm

Bout time we get walleye warehouse. I can't wait to play it. I still haven't had a chance to play CB. My schedule yesterday just didn't want it to happen.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: A | TC: A | RM: A+

Blue_Blur

Finally, I've been waiting for the Slosher Deco! I'm curious to see how the sprinkler will work with it. Walleye Warehouse is one of my favorite stages, too! Great news!

About Clam Blitz... even though I haven't done that many matches yet, I can see that it's already going to be one of my favorite ranked modes. Went from C- to B- within that time, and I definitely noticed a difference in teamwork between the ranks. S and S+ matches will be crazy! ...but then again, that's for any ranked mode. It's definitely the slowest ranked mode, but I certainly don't think that's a bad thing! I do agree that a tutorial would be helpful.

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

Maxz

@Blue_Blur That was my impression too. I had game after game where neither team would get nowhere near the knockout quota.

But then this happened yesterday and made me wonder if the previous results were just a result of being in the lower ranks with a new game mode and people generally being clueless:

Still not as quick as a Rainmaker whitewash, but the fact you can clean the match up in a single assault on the opponent's basket does make me think that it won't neccesarily be the neverending 'tug-of-war' more I thought it might be.

It'll definitely be interesting how things develop in the higher ranks though! Lots to learn.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+ | CB: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Blue_Blur

@Maxz Yeah, I think people just need more time with the mode to figure out what works best. Teamwork is definitely key, and the higher up in the ranks I go, the more the team seems to work and stick together.

Most of my C rank matches followed the pattern of someone opening the basket, and everyone goes for it, regardless of if any opponents were around or not. The majority of one team would get splatted, and then it would be the other team's turn to do the same "strategy". In B rank, I already notice that people are beginning to get rid of any nearby threats before focusing on the basket. Simple strategies like this make getting knockouts much easier. I feel that knockouts will become more frequent... like you said, it's just a lot to learn!

My Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

Maxz

@Blue_Blur Yeah, I noticed a massive difference between C- and the B ranks, and I think it's probably because the people eager enough/good enough to have jumped to the Bs on the first day are actually all S/S+ rank in every other mode. I certainly spotted a lot of over level 60 players, anyway, and the Splat Power of the team was usually over 1800, which is pretty stardard for S+. So it'll take a while for the ranks to settle too! So much newness!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+ | CB: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

YummyHappyPills

So getting back into Splatoon 2 slowly (Sorry Ive been absent from NL Squad stuff!) And gotta say, Clam Blitz had a match last night that went for 10 minutes in Kelp Dome because no side ever scored.

But my first match was a sweep. Interesting to see a mode based solely around combat.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Twitter: @BritishPlaying

Caldorosso-E

I need to remember to throw my Power Clam backwards when I'm caught. Gives someone else a chance to pick up the score.

Also, apparently you can splat other players with the Power Clam throw.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

YummyHappyPills

So uh, I've been out of the loop as you know. When did the ramp at base and the ramps to the mainstage get added in Starfish Mainstage?

GoldenGamer88

Hmm ... Walleye looks relatively unchanged. Maybe they did something to that little tower in the middle, maybe they didn‘t, I can‘t remember how it looked in S1.

@YummyHappyPills Saw them for the first time just now, too, so they gotta be pretty new additions. Probably from that 2.1.0 patch where they did mention they tweaked the stages a bit. The small tower in the base got a bunch of extra blocks now, too, as well as sponges so one can go back closer to the own spawn without super-jumping. Interested to see how other stages got changed but I‘m still firmly in Xenoblade territory to return to Splatoon for long just yet.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Have good day/night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88
Currently playing: Splatoon 2 (NSW)
Most anticipated: Monster Hunter World (PS4), Dragon Ball Fighter Z (PS4)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

YummyHappyPills

@GoldenGamer88 The side ramp down from your base has blocks by the blind spot at the end now, giving you a little cover as you enter the main area. That's all that is new for Warehouse.

And yeah I thought the sponge, base ramp and stage ramps were new...

Blue_Blur

The Slosher Deco is better than I expected it to be, but I'm still going to main the vanilla Slosher. For me at least, I find the suction bombs to be much more useful compared to the sprinkler, and I love how the tenta missles can also be used as a quick echolocator. I can see the Deco being real effective in Splat Zones, though.

Even though I won't be using the Deco too often, it's nice to finally have another regular type of Slosher avaliable. Also glad that Walleye didn't change much at all. Now all I need is Camp Triggerfish, and then all my favorite stages will be back!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

My Mario Maker Levels

Grumblevolcano

I hope all the Splatoon 1 stages come back eventually but I don't think that'll be possible with the 1 year support announcement in one of the Directs pre-launch. We'll probably get 2-3 more Splatoon 1 stages after Arowana Mall unless Nintendo extends the support.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano I thought they said it getting 2 years of support this time?

Edit ; Just checked, I was mistaken. It's 1 year of fresh content and 2 years of Splatfests.

I'd really love to see Moray Towers come back. That was my favourite overall map, as I enjoyed all 3 ranked modes on it. The other maps always had one or two modes I didn't like to play on it. Glad Walleye is back though, I like the simplicity of it. It's pure Splatoon.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie 1 year of content, 2 years of Splatfest.

Grumblevolcano

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano Cheers, I'd just edited that into my comment.

Apparently the next Splatfest will have a new shifty stage. I've been completely out the loop with the sequel. Going to have a good session on it tonight though.

OorWullie

@Blur_Escalation Yep just realised my mistake. Flounder Heights I meant.I do love Moray Towers as well though so was very happy to see it make a swift return.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic