Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, the below match just ended up turning in to a squid party...

I really think that they should consider dropping some A.I. teammates in to the game (like they do in Rocket League) if something like that happens - playing with unbalanced teams just ins't that fun, especially if it's a 4v1! ..it feels like around 50% of matches suffer from drop-outs at the moment, so something needs to change

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii If they did something like that, they‘d better be a tad smarter than the Octoling‘s AI in the singleplayer. Honestly, if losses due to unbalanced teams didn‘t get counted into food/drink boosters or you received some kind of compensation like extra XP or money, I wouldn‘t be so annoyed by it. The few matches I‘ve had without DCs today were with almost everybody being in the double digits level-wise.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, that'd be another good solution - if you had a 25-30% boost in XP/Cash (etc) for each disconnected player in your team as compensation, it'd definitely go some way towards improving the experience...

Even, perhaps, if the rules changed in the event of a disconnection (eg. in a 4v1 on Turf Wars, perhaps you only need to get 20% coverage to win? ..or you win if you manage to cover ¼ of what the other team does, because you have ¼ the amount of players perhaps? - whatever the statistics show would be the 'fairest' way of rebalancing) ..at least that'd give some realistic hope of victory - and motivation to at least give it a go!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Zyrac

I'm really liking the Undercover Brella. Been waiting for them to put out a weapon I can feel completely comfortable using in Splat Zones, and I think this is it. Great fit for my aforementioned Quick Super Jump set, since it has Splashdown and I can use the quick shield for protection when landing, and besides that it just seems like a solid weapon that works as advertised. The shield is naturally quite fragile, but you can keep firing with it open as long as you have ink (which does last a good while), and it's quick to regenerate. I've been doing rather well with this weapon, although perhaps things will get a bit tougher once people are more used to dealing with it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

607jf

Trying to get the rest of my sub's special up. you guys got any tips other than splatfest tee grinding?

Also ive been in quite a few 3v4 really annoying. :/

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Zyrac

@607jf If you're grinding for a specific ability, be sure to use gear with the right brand, and of course drink tickets if you have them (they can be randomly obtained from Salmon Run). Unless you're using the Splatfest Tee, the third ability slot on a piece of gear takes as much experience to unlock as the first two combined, so it's more efficient to scrub after filling only two slots if you can spare the cash.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@607jf Yeah, Drink Tickets are definitely the way to go! I used to largely ignore Salmon Run when I first started playing the game but, since I've got my 'Pay Grade' up, the rewards roll in pretty quickly - and the Drink Tickets seem to make grinding for Chunks (and targeting specific Abilities) so, so, so much easier! ..and - as @Zyrac said - each clothing brand also has a specific Ability that it's 5x more likely to roll (as well as one that it's far less likely to roll) so, if you're really targeting one Ability in particular, wearing the brand it rolls most commonly with will make grinding much easier

Also, it's worth baring in mind that it takes a total of 60 Ability Chunks to max-out a gear item with one specific Ability (10x for the first slot, 20x for the second, 30x for the third) ..so I often wait until I've had a 'lucky' roll before visiting Murch - eg. I'm currently working towards completely filling my 'Paisley Bandanna' (in the below pic) with the 'Ink Saver (Sub)' Ability - luckily (thanks to a Drink Ticket) I actually managed to roll 2x Ink Saver (Sub) on that piece of gear, so now only need 30 Chunks to overwrite that one Special Power Up sub and complete the set!

Untitled

...it'll still take time - but only half as much time if you get a couple of lucky rolls like I did!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

607jf

Thanks for the tips guys, I should reroll and try and get at least 2. I have one right now. Also forgot you can get drink tickets in salmon run.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

GoldenGamer88

Whaaaaaaa?! Nobody ever told me Drink Tickets would increase the probability of rolling a specific ability! Always thought they'd increase the effectiveness of an ability during matches, e.g. drink a Swim Speed Up drink and you swim even faster than usually. Good thing I largely ignored them as I viewed them as cheating. Well, then time to use the hopefully plenty Main Ink Saver, Ink Recovery Up and Swim Speed Up drinks over the second half of this year!

Edit: Alrighty then, got 9 Ink Saver Main, 5 Ink Recovery Up and 6 Swim Speed Up drink tickets! I do feel a tad dumb now for just guessing their use instead of seeing for myself.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

young_mama

How many adults that plays Splatoon and here if you do can I add you

young_mama

young_mama

I only want adults to add me so who do want to add me

young_mama

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, it only took me about 200 hours to figure that one out! ..and I just discovered this on the Wiki as well:

"All drinks increase the number of gear ability points awarded after a match. In addition, each drink slightly increases the probability that, when a gear slot is filled, it is filled with the corresponding ability."

...so they actually help you to roll the gear slots a bit faster too! - who knew?!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii ... it was actually 450 hours on my part, lol! And considering I‘ve played in almost all Salmon Run periods since launch, I have known about Drink Tickets for a long time. They do kinda hide the Drinks menu in a submenu, though, so why would I feel invited to read up on them?

Btw, they just added the Octobrush Nouveau, coming with Squid Beacon and Tenta Missiles. No idea why they added it today and not Friday/Saturday like they normally do but yay!

ThomGee

Maybe they realized updates are trickling out too slowly and will release two weapons a week now? A man can dream.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

Does anyone know if Drinks work the same with Murch re-rolls? (eg. if you have an Ink Recovery Drink, then re-roll your gear with Murch, does it give you a better chance of rolling Ink Recovery? ..or is it just rolls after battles that are affected?)

GoldenGamer88

So one of my last matches for the day was over at Starfish Mainstage (not too big on most of the chances, especially those extra ramps up the stage are meh). We were pretty dominating and somehow one of my teammates managed to get over to the opposition‘s spawn, like he could walk up to their very spawn. Does anyone happen to know how he might have done it. Didn‘t see it for myself as I‘d rather stay back and make sure nobody slips by.

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 I think they use that sponge thing in front of the base...if they shrink it to a certain point, they can use it like a step to jump up in to the spawn area by the looks of things. I've never seen someone do it, but I've seen someone attempt to - and it looked like they shrunk the sponge a little too much which made the jump up to the spawn a bit too high - so I assume that that's how they do it.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Yeah, I figured as much. This must‘ve been real lucky, though, considering only the team the sponge‘s on can grow it and then shrink it down just right while evading enemy fire. And all that with a roller, too! I‘d say

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah! I don't know how precise you have to be with the sponge size, but it can't be easy to get it 'just right' with a Roller! ..impressive!

gcunit

I'm sorry to do this, being late to the party and all, but I have a couple questions as a newcomer.

Is it regional matchmaking? Cos I've not been matched with any Asian-style usernames yet, whereas in Wii U they were everywhere, and it seems to take a bit longer to find 8 players on Switch compared to Wii U.

Is there any way to adjust how you view the map? Default is that X toggles the map on and off, but I think I'd prefer it to disappear as soon as I stop holding the button. Plus I'd like to try it as a miniature overlay so I could see it all the time... if that's ever an option.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic