Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 5,014

ThomGee

Oh man, I feel so powerful with all these newbies starting out. It makes me happy that I got the game at launch. It'll be a few weeks until the lobbies return to high level players who will kick my butt, so that's exciting.

In other news, while I was pretty underwhelmed by the Squeezer at first, after trying it out I think I'm in love with it. I still really dislike its sub and special though.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

MarcelRguez

I must have had terrible luck, because I've found myself trying to carry my team of newbies with a rapid blaster of all weapons, and losing most of my matches as a result.

That said, I swapped it for the N-Zap 85 on yesterday's session and I've been doing better. Still sitting at 24W/26L, but it's an improvement. And on a related note, I've had lots of people disconnecting mid-match too, which is annoying.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

MarcelRguez wrote:

And on a related note, I've had lots of people disconnecting mid-match too, which is annoying.

Yeah, me too - I got kicked off the network a little while ago 'for maintenance', which could be related? (stability?) ..although I haven't actually disconnected myself, so we may have just had a spike of rage-quitters instead :/

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@NaviAndMii The eShop went down for a good while, so I'm guessing there was a lot of stress in the whole network. I didn't get kicked out myself either, but in one match we were down 2v2 on Kelp Dome shortly after beginning the match. A solid 45-60 seconds went by without me encountering any other players, it was the weirdest thing.

MarcelRguez

NaviAndMii

@MarcelRguez Yeah, I know what you mean!

I sadly ended up in a 1v4 earlier - I managed to hold on to one little section just outside my base, which felt like a mini-win - but hopefully things will stabilise again soon, because games with unbalanced teams are rarely fun (for either team really)

..but, yeah, you're right, when you end up in a 2v2 or something like that it's pretty surreal! Every now and again you might overhear something else going on in some other corner of the map, but otherwise you're pretty much just walking around spraying ink 'til your hearts content! ..and its surprising how much of the map doesn't get inked when you halve the number of players - huge gaps all over!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

GoldenGamer88

It certainly feels refreshing to not have to rage against Chargers and Splatlings as much. Though, there are also those young Inklings who take the task of Turf War a bit too literally and color in every inch of their base before moving to the real splattlefield. I‘m certainly looking forward to playing Splatoon again once I‘m done with Xenoblade this week.

On a slightly unrelated note, I‘ve managed to get 41 Golden Eggs in one round. Don’t know how many we’ve got overall because my stupid dad kept calling me the entire wave. Also, I freakin hate the Hydra! How is anybody supposed to work with this during Salmon Run!?

Edit: Immediately after posting this, I got into a match that started out 3v4 but ended 1v4, just like @NaviAndMii. I did put up quite a fight, though. Even managed to splat all of them in my base.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NaviAndMii

I feel like I've been looking for the 'Black Polo' shirt (below) for ages, but can't ever seem to find it! I've seen a long-sleeve top with a similar design quite a few times, but never the 'polo' variant (with Ninja Squid) ..it's listed on the Wiki - but I'm beginning to doubt that it actually exists! ..anyone ever seen it?

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii I have that:
Untitled
If you wanna get your hands on it, I could play a match with you while wearing it so you can then order it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@Zyrac Man, that's a good-looking gear combo. Aren't all those run speed up a bit overkill though? Or does your weapon slow you down that much?

MarcelRguez

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Phew! I'm not going mad then! That'd be great if you could! I can drop online in maybe 10mins or so for a quick match? ..if not, at least I know it does actually exist! ..it was starting to drive me crazy!

Zyrac

@MarcelRguez The Dapple Dualies are very light, actually, so the run speed with this set is really fast. I do find it pretty useful; it helps when inking with a short-range weapon and when strafing in fights, and it lets you get across grates and the like much quicker (particularly fun on Kelp Dome).

@NaviAndMii Sure. I'll drop you a friend request and watch for you to come online. Just go into Turf War and I'll try and join you.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Booyah! Thanks very much! I've been looking for that everywhere!

EDIT: Ha! What are the chances?! I just dropped back in to Inkopolis Square to order that shirt off you and bumped in to this fresh lookin' squid as well!

Untitled

I've spent ages looking for that top! I quite like the Ninja Squid ability, but wasn't really feeling the Zekko Hoodie or Matcha Down Jacket - so I was really happy to see the Black Polo and Green Stripe LS added to the game...I found the Green Stripe LS in next to no time, but couldn't find the Black Polo anywhere! ..really appreciate it!

..just need some Sea Snails now! ..and some Ability Chunks ..and quite a bit of cash!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

MarcelRguez

@Zyrac That does sound useful. I was asking because I thought you'd have max run speed with that combo (more than you might need, I mean), but Loadout Ink tells me you're almost there. Sounds like fun stuff, I might give it a try.

MarcelRguez

NaviAndMii

@MarcelRguez @Zyrac Yeah, me too - I'd love to have a max. Run Speed set one day! I've encountered some players with a similar loadout that have been darn near impossible to splat!

The other day, I also came across a player who'd maxed out their Quick Super Jump stat - and had obviously mastered the button combo to jump whenever there was the slightest hint of danger - and I couldn't get close to them either! ..definitely another set I'd love to build one day!

I'm currently trying to grind for a couple of stealth builds and was hoping to get the Angry Rain Boots (from Salmon Run) with Stealth Jump main - but haven't had any luck so far - I take it is is possible to 'roll' it? (as with any other shoe main?) ..if so, I'm fast running out of time before the month is over! Oh well!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii I have a Quick Super Jump set as well, although it's only around halfway to the maximum; with the diminishing returns it generally doesn't seem too worthwhile to me to take an ability much farther than that. The other abilities on that set are Special Saver and a bit of Special Power Up, the idea being to abuse Splashdown to its fullest.

I'm afraid that according to loadout.ink it is not possible for Salmon Run gear to roll unique abilities like Stealth Jump. I don't really get why that would be the case, but there you go. Incidentally, I'm still not clear on how far away opponents have to be for Stealth Jump to activate, so I remain unsure of how useful it actually is...

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Aww, that's a shame - I thought it might be pretty cool to have a Ninja Squid/Stealth Jump/Cold Blooded combo for maximum stealthiness...but I'm sure I can make it work with the Green Wellies (or whatever they're called) instead!

I probably won't use the specific combination all that often anyway (as you say, I'm not 100% on its effect either!) ..and I think that Super Jumping backwards (to safety, where a stealthy landing shouldn't be required) is often more effective than jumping in to the central 'splattlezone' anyway! ..but I'm trying to build the set with interchangable shoes (for different boosts/requirements) any how - so no big deal, I'll make it work! Thanks for letting me know!

GoldenGamer88

Either all of these newbies have a really bad internet connection or those big babies are ragequitters. The amount of dcs in the last minute or so I‘ve seen today (and mind you, I‘ve played little over an hour) is frightening and it honestly robs the enjoyment of the game for everyone involved.

Grumblevolcano

@GoldenGamer88 I think it's bad connections as it's so easy for even a good internet connection to give bad Switch connection stats.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

@Grumblevolcano I think so, too, but the shere amount was just shocking to me. 3v4s, I can deal with and they can be fun because you lose the competitive drive of trying to win. 2v4s, let alone 1v4s, ugh ... if they didn‘t splat me, I‘d rather Squid Party with them.

ThomGee

The umbrella shown in the trailer for the giant Splatoon update is releasing tonight. It has a shield with very low durability, but you can attack while using it. I assume it has Ink Mine, which is "trap" in Google Translate, and Squid Armor, which is called "Super Chiaki" in Google Translate.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic