Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 3,816

GoldenGamer88

Man, this SR period's weapon selection is utter garbage. None of them are built with close quarter combat in mind and you can pretty much tell your chance at survival good-bye if it's high tide. Also I've had 'the Salmonids are restless' three times, we were destroyed every time. I hate it when they try something funny/weird with the weapons selection in SR.

Have a nice day/good night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-2433-9303
Currently playing: Splatoon 2 (NSW), Stardew Valley (NSW)
Most anticipated: Xenoblade 2 (NSW), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Maxz

@Hieronymus-E This complaint has confused me too. I mean, you know what maps and mode you're using before you even start. You may as well pick something you feel will work for however much of that two-your slot, and stick with it. And if you decide it's the wrong weapon, it barely takes any more time to change weapons outside of a lobby that it would within it. Seconds at best. The fact that you're rematches with similar teams may also stop people from trying to outwit each other by choosing weapons based on the other players. And I imagine having people 'commit' to a weapon when they enter a lobby makes matchmaking and weapon balancing easier, as game probably has checks against throwing eight snipers into the same room.

It's always seemed a strange reason to bring up against buying the game, as you're unlikely to change weapon all that much on a given mode and given pair of stages, and it would only take a few extra seconds if you did want to. Measure that against the (potentially) hundreds of hours of actual playtime that the game would grant you, and it seems rather trivial.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Caldorosso-E

Eh, folks just like to complain. Speaking if changing gear, I like the insta-change feature in the Splatoon amiibo. It saves me a few seconds I could be procrastinating.

Edited on by Caldorosso-E

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

16bitdave

A few times when I started a room sometimes no one would join so I went at it alone. Only needed to collect 3 golden eggs when playing alone but still can't keep all of those bosses at bay when it's just me. @Scrummer

Nintendo Switch friend code SW-4349-8419-7001
3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

ACK

Yay, they fixed the Goo Tuber! Was a joke how it would hold a charge unintentionally, preventing from recovering ink. Now It's actually usable again, yay!

However, last week's Splattershot Pro buffs made sniping even more tenuous...

ACK

Twitter:

Strix

The Range Blaster is being added into the game tonight. I'm pretty sure it has Curling Bombs (the Google Translated post called them Cuban Bombs) and the Ink Storm (which somehow becomes Aplysia when translated, I have no idea how).

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

GoldenGamer88

@Strix Ugh, I hate that thing. Pass. Again.

NapalmPsalm

@Strix I think the "cuban bomb" is actually the suction bomb. I wish it was the curling bomb though. I'm also going off the datamine which hasn't been wrong on the sets yet.

I was actually expecting this or the hydra this week. I'm actually kinda excited about this weapon. There has been something I've been wanting to try with the drop roll ability buff.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: A | TC: A | RM: A+

Caldorosso-E

Drop Roller is really neat right now. Originally it wasn't very good, but it's been buffed to let you move as soon as you land. Chargers might not get a ton out of it, but close range weapons can have a ball.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

NapalmPsalm

@Hieronymus-E That and now you can roll in any direction. It is nice being able to roll back from the way you came. Normal blaster just doesn't have enough range to capitalize on this if someone is sitting there waiting unless you roll toward them, and rapid blasters just don't get the OHK you need. I'm hoping the range blaster energizes well with this ability.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: A | TC: A | RM: A+

xPH03N1Xx86

Had a horrible streak in Tower Control, and lost my rank. It's so demoralizing to go from S+3 to S+0 because of a single rank down.

Edited on by xPH03N1Xx86

Meow. :3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Maxz

If any1'z up for a cheeky Sunday Splat (League) at some point, lemme know!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Tsurii

At which level does the range Blaster unlock? Haven't fired up Splatoon since Thursday because of FEW but I think I'm gonna play some today, and getting to check that new weapon out would probably only help with getting back into it for a little.

edit: done testing the thing for now. Any tips from people who used in the first game? I think I like the ranged Blaster, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong tbh.

Anyway...some of you up for Salmon Run later today?

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

16bitdave

Ever do Salmon Run alone without 3 other players? It's chaos. Here's a clip from when it happened to me.

https://youtu.be/BnDX3oCISj4

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

GoldenGamer88

https://twitter.com/golden_montillo/status/922117559603695616

Has something like this happened to you before? I‘ve been having the weirdest kinds of lags this session. Golden Eggs floating still in the air for seconds until they come to me, teammates running beside me at what feels like twice the speed. Outside of those occassions, no issues whatsoever. Even managed to haul in 83 Golden Eggs, which is another personal record to me.

16bitdave

I'm having no lag at the moment

Dev

Yikes; Pearl vs. Marina is going to be savage. It'll make Callie vs. Marie look tame!
Untitled

@GoldenGamer88: The only lag I've encountered was when my crew mates floated for a split second in squid form when we landed on the battlefield to start.

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic