Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 3,795

NapalmPsalm

@Blue_Blur It was close! After watching you punish people with the bucket I made sure to watch out for you. Too bad we only bumped into each other when time ran out.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: A | TC: A | RM: A+

GoldenGamer88

Guys ... I‘ve finally made it. My Mobility Set Collection is finished! xD

https://twitter.com/golden_montillo/status/920229018594549760

https://twitter.com/golden_montillo/status/920229816548278272

https://twitter.com/golden_montillo/status/920230111969927168

https://twitter.com/golden_montillo/status/920230420880408576

https://twitter.com/golden_montillo/status/920231426678595584

I decided to spent most enough of snails on rerolls of my Splash Mob tee and got just enough Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up chunks to finish this ... but I was two Swim Speed Up chunks short. No chunks in gear I didn‘t need anymore. I was about to give up when I remembered I had ordered @Maxz‘s shoes last Sunday after our Salmon Run rounds and thank Iwata, both Swim Speed Up chunks were there. I seriously gotta thank you, Maxz (and Murch, too, I guess lol), for making this possible right here and now.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Have a nice day/good night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-2433-9303
Currently playing: Splatoon 2 (NSW), Stardew Valley (NSW)
Most anticipated: Xenoblade 2 (NSW), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Maxz

@GoldenGamer88 Hooray! I'm glad the power of my shoes lives on in your feet (in a different pair of shoes). It's a tenuous link, but I'm glad it made the difference.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

GoldenGamer88

@Maxz Actually, they were used in that pilot jacket from the first tweet.

Caldorosso-E

Spreading your subs over the gear is a much better way to do things. The only downside is the gear is locked to a certain set(s), but that's not much of a downside IMO.

Run Speed and Swim Speed are fantastic. Glad you got your gear, @GoldenGamer88

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

NapalmPsalm

@GoldenGamer88 In my best Liam Neeson voice "I see you like a particular set of skills. Skills you have acquired over a very short career. Skills that make you a nightmare for inklings like me. If I let the rainmaker go now will that be the end of it?"
Joke aside, I see why you go the cheap route with chunks. You pretty much use the same abilities besides the mains. Congrats on all the gear! Now excuse me while I torture myself with the long way...

Switch

Caldorosso-E

The stage release pattern looks like New -> Old -> New, so I'd expect a S1 stage pretty soon. Which do we want the most to return? I want Walleye Warehouse and Flounder Heights back. Something with perches for long range weapons.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

GoldenGamer88

@Hieronymus-E Well, judging from that datamine, I‘d say Blackbelly Skatepark should be up next, provided the pattern remains intact.. Personally, I‘d love to see Camp Triggerfish, Saltspray Rig and Arowana Mall (in that order) return, though I‘d like to see the stages after Hammerhead Bridge make a comeback since I‘ve stopped playing after that stage released.

Maxz

In order of preference, I'd like to see Flounder Heights (my favourite from the original), Camp Triggerfish (though with some tweaks such as ink rails or sponges to improve permeability between the two sides), and then Blackbelly and Arowana (both recent if not hugely remarkable stages). I wouldn't mind seeing Bluefin Depot, Musuem D'Alphonso or Ancho-V Games either, though I feel some of the ideas that made them tick have already been repackaged in newer levels. I'd rather now see Saltspray (the only space for open battle was after some ridiculous choke points), Wall-Eye Warehouse (choke points again), Saltspray Rig (long way from spawn to centre with often poor visibility and claustrophobic, narrow paths), or Mahi Mahi (opposite problem of being too open and vague-feeling).

It might sound a bit down on the old stages, but I like I think of it more as antentament to then way they've improved the new ones. Maybe if they pull a Port Mackeral on any of the maps I'm complained about I'll be happy. That took a very basic stages and made if way more dynamic, balanced and interesting. It felt like they were deliberately trying to build choke points into Splatoon 1, whereas Splatoon 2 had a good line in levels that offer creative opportunities to get yourself out of them.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

-Green-

If Saltspray returned, they would have to make it so the map is mirrored like all other maps are. The way it was mirrored in Splat 1 gave players on the Left Side an unfair advantage to those on the right.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

Question; Is it possible to max out every weapon during the single player campaign? You need those silver fish for upgrades, and I don't think they are infinite.

Octane

NaviAndMii

Well, I've just been rather silly...I decided to start working towards building another outfit to suit an alternative weapon - went ahead and spent 100,000G and 10 Sea Snails re-rolling/scrubbing (plus 40 or 50 Ability Chunks) to complete 7/9 of the subs - went to bed, woke up, completely changed my mind on what the outfits loadout should comprise of...so almost all of the above was a complete waste!

My new improved idea for an alternative outfit does have the same shoes - and one of the subs on those shoes is what I want too - but I'm now 8 (of 9) subs away from my (new) goal...I don't have enough Chunks left in any of the abilities I want, so can't add to my outfit - and now only have 7 Snails left and am clean out of cash as well! ..unless I get pretty lucky with ability rolls, I've got a loooooooong grind ahead of me! Oh gosh...now I feel like a complete dummy! Haha!

...learn from my mistake folks - even if you think you're 100% sure, sleep on it just to make sure you're sure you're sure!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

NapalmPsalm

@-Green- How so? I can think of things where starting on the right side is an advantage because you hold your gun on the right side so I would have more peeking points compared to the left side.

@NaviAndMii Yeaaah, that sucks man! I thought of a particular set for a week. So I'm not gonna back off of it even if it turns out it suck! XD

Switch

GoldenGamer88

@Octane If I remember correctly, you can only upgrade the Hero Shot, none of the other Hero weapons. And yes, there are more than enough Sardinium to unlock and upgrade everything.

@NaviAndMii Yeah, I‘ve definitely been there. Not in your exact situation but I‘ve definitely used them chunks in places I wouldn‘t have later on. For example, I wore those golden Aviator glasses with Last Ditch Effort and had an entire set with fitting gear built around them. Then I found out that Main abilities are more than triple the amount worth of subs so I ditched Last Ditch Effort (wait, ditched Last Ditch Effort ... AHAHAHA!!). Or the time I thought I‘d need a Special-focused set, wasted 10 Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up chunks on a jacket. Yeah, I think we‘ve all made terrible mistakes with our chunks usage before.

GoldenGamer88

@Zyrac "I haven‘t completed Hero Mode!? This cannot be!" (Immediately gets up to set things right. Runs out of eggs on the second-to-last weapon.) "NOOOOOOOOO!!" (stumbles to his knees, proceeds to play the first level over and over again until he has them eggs). Seriously, though, how could I ever miss that? Anyway, yeah, there is enough Sardinium to upgrade everything but you need every single Sardinium and some of them are hidden on the overworld.

On a side note, this gives me an excuse to play Fresh Start again. Such a good song. Brings a tear to my eyes every time.

Octane

@GoldenGamer88 @Zyrac I assumed I had to upgrade the other weapons twice too, and it seems there aren't enough Sardinium to do so, so I wanted to ask here before I committed to upgrading a certain weapon. But if you can only upgrade them once, there are enough Sardinium in the game to max out everything. So thanks for that insight! I didn't even realise that lol. In hindsight it makes sense seeing how all the other weapons require 1500 eggs, the exact same as the second/last upgrade for the Hero Shot.

Octane

NaviAndMii

@NapalmPsalm @GoldenGamer88 Haha! It wouldn't feel so bad if Chunks/Snails etc were a little easier to come by! ..oh well, we live and learn I guess!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

GoldenGamer88

Now my honor is restored, huzzah!

Still no idea how I could‘ve ever missed that. Also, once everything is upgraded and you, for whatever reason, still have tons of eggs, the option to trade 1500 eggs for a food ticket unlocks. Given that I already am at Level 50 and won‘t be in dire need for money in the near future, I think it‘s the final good-bye to Octo Canyon until we inevitably return there in Splatoon 3.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic