Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 5,014

Skid

@meleebrawler I don't know. I slowed down the video to 0.25 and watched it. The player walks out, shoots, brella opens, and then it shoots again before a single n-zap shot hits it. It is very brittle from that video. What, it took 3 or 4 shots from the n-zap? Does object shredder effect the brella shields? If it does that sucks from this brella, incoming one shot breaks from chargers.

Edit: Rewatched it in slowmo again the second time it shows the brella break. I counted 9ish shots before it broke. That makes me feel better on the durability. Still weak though.

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Maxz

You can now play as K-Pop:

Untitled

Best get practicing those razor sharp synchronised dance moves.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

@shani I think salmon run is the perfect mode for local multiplayer. I would go as far to say no having the option is a big letdown. All other shooters I have played recently my wife and I have been able to sit on the couch and waste hours into local multiplayer. As far as the loadouts I do feel they should give us the option to customize in some form. Maybe have a hardcore mode for those players that want that experience and are over a certain level. To me this is a way to entertain those that want a more traditional and core experience. These are just my opinions I know they will never happen. The franchise is popular and profitable as is. I just now know that it isn’t an IP for me and wont spend my 60 dollars on it again.

Qwertyninty

Maxz

Walleye Warehouse is back! Seemingly with relatively few changes job design. I wonder if it'll be as prone to spawn trapping and general pinch point abuse...

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

GoldenGamer88

Man, today‘s SR weapon selection is absolute garbage against Steelheads. Only the .96 Gal can hit them reliably and if the one wielding it is absolutely clueless, they just keep piling up. Had one round where we had three of them right at the basket just because the .96 Gal had disconnected.

Speaking of which, I do hope we get new Salmonid bosses sometime.

Edit: Also this.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Skid

How about this clean outfit we will get this Friday?
Untitled
Link
Link
Link

Switch

Skid

@NaviAndMii Haha, that is true. My understanding is it will be with all the other shop gear, so I'm sure it is safe to assume you can get alt abilities for it.

Switch

-Green-

Crusty Sean has a new option for a 2.5 multiplier in the new update.

Edit: Hydra's coming on the 25th as well (JP time).

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ACK

I can't get over the idea that Inkling culture has a pop band churning out hits in the form of acid elevator music (re: Ink Theory).

@-Green- I'm most interested in the ability to use the tickets I have to wipe my butt or whatever slight form utility can be otherwise coerced. I groan every time I get a food ticket superbonus because this special reward is essentially useless to anyone interested in using drink tickets and you will quickly accumulate enough to last beyond the lifespan of S2.

@GoldenGamer88 Carbon Roller is about as deadly as it gets against Steelheads, just gotta time those vertical slashes right... So, yeah, probably rendered useless in the hands of most shift mates. The key is timing the first slash as welling as proper distance and angling. Also the other weapons are all pretty ideal for keeping .96 gal secure as long as positioned well.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

Maxz

@ACK Acid elevator music! That's exactly what it is! And then we've got punk-shanty-metal from the other band. And I think some other stuff too.

They're both a pretty big jump from the math rock-tinged pop-punk of Wet Floor (which I really like). I wonder if there'll be options to edit the likelihood of head track/band coming up, like job Smash Bros.

Not likely, given there wasn't in the first game, but it'd make some sense given the breadth of styles now available.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

-Green-

The balance changes in this patch seem really lackluster. They needed to do more in order to address significant balance issues in the game, but I supposed this was a content focused patch.

Edit: Trislosher was buffed too. Now it's close to release state, with 62 damage and 190 required.

Edit: Perhaps they plan on having the recovery buff help combat against chip damage, which is heavily prevalent. If so, that could be pretty significant. Also, they may just want to be more conservative with changes in order to prevent over buffing and nerfing weapons. Which has been a notable occurrence in Splat 2.

Edited on by -Green-

GoldenGamer88

-Green- wrote:

Trislosher was buffed too. Now it's close to release state, with 62 damage and 190 required.

Yes, baby, my Buckie Boo is back in town!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Zyrac

Guess they decided the Tri's range nerf was enough (it was the most significant change anyway). Honestly, if I've one criticism of the balance patches in this game, it's that they tend to pile on unnecessary special gauge buffs/nerfs to things they're already buffing/nerfing in other ways.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

Is the update live? There was no specific time mentioned in the NL article and when I checked at midnight it wasn't...

@NapalmPsalm Without knowing for sure, I'm pretty certain fhat object shredder applies to the brella's shield. It's an object, after all.
Remember that OS even applies to Ink armour (which is an invisible object), so there should be no reason to think otherwise regarding the brella's shield.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

@shani Inkipedia has a pretty detailed page on Object Shredder, and it doesn't say anything about brella shields.

The update is totes live. People are playing on Salmonid Smokeyard right now.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

@Zyrac Huh, that's surprising. I wonder if it's just missing or actually not affected?

Awesome, can't wait to play when I'm back home. But where's all the new gear? When I checked at midnight, there was only old gear in the shops. And Splatnet also only offers old gear...

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

meleebrawler

The Smokeyard... it's pretty brutal at high tide if long-ranged Salmonids crowd the opposite end, but at other points the varied vantage points make Flyfish and even Grillers surprisingly easier to deal with.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

-Green-

I find the new Salmon map to be quite dull. It doesn’t really stand out beyond the division in the center with the platforms. They could try a bit better with making these things actually look interesting.

Outpost was decent with the central house with salmonid decorations on it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic