Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,524

Grumblevolcano

@shani Well there are some factors involved. Like waiting for the right moment to get a Switch, some will have to wait until their birthday or the holidays to get one, some won't see much point in jumping over to Switch until Mario Odyssey at the earliest, etc. There's also the free online vs. paid online debate.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NapalmPsalm

@KirbyTheVampire @shani So basically what you are doing is while you're swimming press R which brings to to a complete stop with your trajectory showing. Instead of letting the sub go just press ZL again to go back in the ink and press another direction. So instead of taking a curving turn to the right you path will look more like a 90 degree angle. In the video he is doing it rapidly to show how fast you can go back and forth.
If you a 180 normally your inkling will have to slow down, a sub strafe will make you stop instantly. I hope that makes better sense. It's not something you're going to continually use in a match.

Edit: Well that took me forever to type between splatfest matches. I see it got better explained

Edited on by NapalmPsalm

Switch
Username: NaplmPsalm
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

Tsurii

@Zyrac got the second crack due to crappy internet now, hope it stays that way for now. These issues on the weekends are beginning to seriously **** me off. I have zero problems with that kinda stuff throughout the week but I can't play much at all then.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

shani

@NapalmPsalm Hm that sounds very intuitive, I actually like curving my turns, it's one of the many things that make Splatoon such a pleasant experience.

@Grumblevolcano Yeah that makes sense, I mean I wouldn't have bought the Switch in June myself without Splatoon 2 and ARMS on the horizon.
Anyway, even though I'm still critical of or unsatisfied with the Switch while also enjoying a few of its games, I'm quite certain the install base will increase for quite a while.
Nintendo just have to make sure everyone gets to know about the Switch in the first place. Because - just as the Wii U - it lacks visibility (at least here in Berlin). You don't see anyone with a Switch out there and similarly having a Switch with you doesn't generate any curiosity at all.
It was this curiosity that made the Wii such a large success and I'm afraid that - despite all the hype within the gaming community - the Switch and Splatoon 2 will stay niche products.
But I'd rather want Splatoon to become something mainstream that a lot of people know about (so basically more like in Japan).

My personal game of the year? Legend Of Marina: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant Legend of Zelda: Breath of the SPLATOOOOON!

Wanna play some Switch games together or just chat about games? Join our NL Inklings Discord serve...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

The new Grizzco weapon is a Brella. Funny thing is it doesn't open at all; it just fires really fast as long as you hold the button. I guess it would be particularly harsh on one's finger otherwise...

Edited on by Zyrac

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Pazzo-ZaFool

Team Vampire is the way to go. Great team mates, great matches, and some humor (Seen a Marceline and a "Fres havcado").

Wrryyy-ly great dudes.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

KirbyTheVampire

Hieronymus-E wrote:

Team Vampire is the way to go. Great team mates, great matches, and some humor (Seen a Marceline and a "Fres havcado").

Wrryyy-ly great dudes.

Agreed. Plus, team werewolf is pretty cringy with all the furry posts in Inkopolis Square.

KirbyTheVampire

JasmineDragon

Well, I had a howling good time, made it to Werewolf Queen.

Tried a few different weapons, didn't feel right with most of them, and in the end settled on the N-Zap as my new main as it's the only weapon aside from the Aerospray MG that I don't suck with. The N-Zap is just suited to my style and I usually end up in the top two slots in my team, as well as having a decent kill rate. With almost every other weapon I feel like I'm fighting the weapon almost as much as the enemy squad.

The only catch with the N-Zap is I can't really tell if my Ink Armor is helping anybody. Do you guys feel like Ink Armor is noticeably beneficial? I find it very hard to gauge these things. I figure that when I'm using the N-Zap I'm on the winning team more often than not, so it's got to be doing some good, but I wish there was a better way to tell.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

GoldenGamer88

7p away from the second superbonus!? Are you kidding me, Mr. Grizz? I think he must‘ve heard me because he gave me the Grizzco weapon in all three waves the last go-around. Absolutely love that thing. I don‘t know whether I wanna have these weapons in the other multiplayer modes. I mean, the fact that they can only be found in Salmon Run and then only in rare periods makes them so special. I do wanna see them return to Salmon Run someday, though.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

KirbyTheVampire

@JasmineDragon That's how it is for me, too. I used to absolutely dominate with the Tri-slosher, but after the recent nerfs, it just isn't the same. I don't know if it's just me or what, but either way, I've been doing way better with the N-Zap.

The ink armor is probably my favorite special, actually. Not only does it fully refill your ink, but I've survived close range grenade blasts with it, and you can definitely take a few extra shots before you go down, which is often the difference between life and death.

KirbyTheVampire

GoldenGamer88

Sweet, my little bloodsuckers did it! Congratulations to every single member of Team Vampire! Now give us that the theme as EU‘s November Splatfest!

JasmineDragon

Argh, first time my team has lost. Curse you, Team Vampires! Curse you forev - oh, wait.

Anyway, it was fun. Very nice to see a Splatfest about something you can actually get worked up about. Now, I have to go spend some snails.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

GoldenGamer88

Anybody wanna go for some Salmon Run rounds later today? Just can‘t get enough of the Grizzco Brella!

Octane

@GoldenGamer88 I'm up for that. Preferably tonight, but later this afternoon is fine too.

Octane

GoldenGamer88

@Octane Maybe 7 PM CEST like last week? Could do later, too. Hopefully we‘ll be joined by two some more peeps. Playing with randoms ain‘t as much fun.

Tsurii

@Octane I would but I won't be able to play a full round lol
I'll need to look into why the stupid flipping router is acting up. If I can get it to work as it should again, I'm in. If not, well, I'm not.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Knuckles-Fajita

@Octane @GoldenGamer88 I may as well join in. Just say when

Sign up for the NL Inklings Splatoon 2 Tournament on June 9th: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic