Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 3,882

JasmineDragon

@NapalmPsalm Yeah, Splattershot Pro got crazy bumps. I want to try it tonight and see how it feels. I like the SSP already, but it's never felt perfect to me. Could be my new favorite after this update.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Stardew Valley

Zyrac

Just judging from a couple Turf Wars, it feels significantly easier to kill with the Splattershot Pro now. Honestly, this buff seems like it might be a bit much, although time will tell, I suppose. Is this weapon going to be popular now? I want it on record that I used it before it was cool.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Zyrac

Oh, and in equally important news, Marina's dialogue for Grizzco opening was changed, I guess to make the meaning of the announcement clearer. Apparently she likes to partake in Salmon Run herself, which seems kind of... beneath her? Well, it's good to keep in touch with the working class, I guess.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

Zyrac wrote:

Oh, and in equally important news, Marina's dialogue for Grizzco opening was changed, I guess to make the meaning of the announcement clearer. Apparently she likes to partake in Salmon Run herself, which seems kind of... beneath her? Well, it's good to keep in touch with the working class, I guess.

Nah, Marina is totally working class. Pearl has commented on how she must feel right at home in places like the Shipyard stage. Which is kind of mean, but I like to think their friendship is on that level where it's okay for them to joke about eachother's backgrounds without any hurt feelings. But if anybody's "slumming" by playing Splatoon and Salmon Run, it's Pearl.

meleebrawler

@JasmineDragon Does Pearl REALLY know what Marina did for a living before? Heck, does even Marina herself know? All we know for sure is she has a passion for machinery and is skilled at building... something most Octarians that we know of are quite familiar with.

Them working Salmon Run shifts does raise an interesting question: what is their opinion on Salmonids? Those fish have made contact and negotiated with Octarians before in order to get Gushers.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Fooligan

@JaxonH What side are we going to be in this Splatfest?

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

"Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai tabby chai!" - Pootie Tang

JaxonH

@Fooligan
I picked Werewolf.

So you know what to do 😆

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Fooligan

@JaxonH Of course, pick werewolf to help you get your first Splatfest win. Or pick vampire and sabotage the other team to help get you your first Splatfest win, hmm... 🤔

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

"Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai tabby chai!" - Pootie Tang

SMODomite

I went werewolf for my first splatfest, curious to hear what everyone's favorite weapon is in the game? I am very new to the game but so far have found the Splat Roller to give me the most coverage on the map

SMODomite

NapalmPsalm

I just wanted to post this video as a PSA. Sub strafing is great in Salmon Run to quickly turn around when picking up eggs and heading back to the basket (also a great place to practice the technique). Just thought some people would like to try using this if they didn't know about it yet.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: A | TC: A | RM: A+

JasmineDragon

meleebrawler wrote:

@JasmineDragon Does Pearl REALLY know what Marina did for a living before? Heck, does even Marina herself know? All we know for sure is she has a passion for machinery and is skilled at building... something most Octarians that we know of are quite familiar with.

Maybe not, but Marina definitely feels like the one who is more in touch with the real world. At least in my head-canon, Marina is the one who came from the streets and Pearl is the one who came TO the streets to play Splatoon. Marina took Pearl under her wing because she wanted to protect this daffy little rich kid with a passion for splatting and spitting. Also, Marina really needed a frontman for her musical projects because regardless of appearances, Marina is actually fairly shy, and Pearl takes all the attention off Marina so she can just do her thing on the turntables.

-Green-

They mutually benefit each other, but based on what Gaijin Hunter said from the Japanese version, Pearl is the leader/teacher. At least in regards to Inkling culture.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

GoldenGamer88

@NapalmPsalm Hmm ... I think whenever I‘ve seen people use that, I figured they just had loads of Swim Speed Ups (that‘s also how my aspirations of making my Mobility Set were born). Thanks for pointing this technique out to us, I myself am gonna try to use that more often.

Have a nice day/good night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-2433-9303
Currently playing: Xenoblade 2 (NSW), Splatoon 2 (NSW)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Jhena

Yeah thanks for the video. The game is really so much better in handheld mode. Now i can play nonstop without getting bored. Sploosh-o-matic is my new aerospray. I get more points and kills with it. Maybe its placebo but the aerospray doesnt feel the same after the nerf. The feel of covering the ground with the sploosh o matic is so satisfying and smooth.

Slow and steady wins the race, baby.

Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

GoldenGamer88

@Jhena Yeah, that's how I felt after the big bad Tri-Slosher nerf about my buckie boo, too. It took me a while to really pick it back up but once I did, it felt like the nerf never happened. Sure, you can't just outright go up to an Inkling in hopes of splatting them anymore - well, I mean you still can but your chances of success are rather slim. You need more flanking and surprise attacks to make that thing worthwhile.

As for the Aerosprays, I don't know, haven't really used them after the patch just yet but I certainly agree on the Sploosh. If only it had any other bomb than the curlies. I feel like those are rather situational and splatting someone with them comes down to pure luck imho.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Jhena

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah also not a great fan of curlings. A short while they were useful to get behind the enemy but nowadays everybody is careful and shoots behind the bomb. Especially snipers get really annoying with low range weapons and no bombs.

Slow and steady wins the race, baby.

Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

yokokazuo

https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/918759944400265216
Custom E-Litre 4K and the scope variant are coming today/tomorrow!
Has beakons and the Bubble Blower.

I’ve been really wanting this myself, will probably use some sub and special power up with it.

My backloggery
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: Canada 1340189847 Japan 7649035181
Fire Emblem Fates My Castle Address: 18070-29881-52164-62553
Splatoon 2 ranks: SZ: S+ RM: S+ TC: S+3
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo

Switch Friend Code: SW-0283-1179-7420 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

GoldenGamer88

Oh great, a Charger again! Hard pass. x(

Octane

Finally had the change to play Splat Zones, I'm waiting in the lobby, and it changed to Rainmaker...

They need to fix this, let us choose the modes we want to play.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic