Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 5,014

Pazzo-TheFool

It's all in the wrist. Be sure to warm up in Turf War before any Ranked match, especially with chargers. I've had a lot of bad matches after using my Blasters going to Chargers.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

@yokokazuo Sorry for the late response, been to sleepy time junction for the past few hours. Anyway, I've been using the Squiffer whenever I felt like using a Charger, mostly due to its Ink Armor special. I've also tried the Splat Charger before because I thought the Splat Bombs could help me in close combat (seen many players pull this off successfully, kinda wish they were Burst Bombs, though). I don't really have a Charger I wanna learn since I haven't found one that, in my opinion, had the perfect kit. Gonna try the E-Liter today but I was more thinking about training my aim with Squelchers or Splattershot Pros before moving to Chargers. I know they're different beasts altogether but using those two helps me learn more ranged combat rather than taking the fight to the close quarters, where my bad aim isn't as influential as in ranged combat.

I prefer no scopes because the constant zooming in and out of the scope makes me feel disoriented for less than a second after the shot, and less safe since I can only see the little bit through the scope (that's also why I prefer Hanzo over Widowmaker in Overwatch). My sensitivity has always been set to 0 since S1 but I don't see a reason against experimenting with that for a bit.

Overall, I just wanted to thank everybody for being so supportive and helpful. I truly cannot thank any of you enough.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Pazzo-TheFool

@GoldenGamer88

No problem! Glad to help a fellow squid (kid).

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

Haha, just scored a Triple Splat with the Baller! It made one of them so made she ragequit (well, most likely since she vanished seconds after she was splatted.)!

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Maxz

I'm really starting to think the current Baller is the new Ink Armour of 1.3. I mean, apart from it being completely different and that.

But really, I think it's now just a little too durable. One reason the devs gave for the complete overhaul in Specials in the sequel was that they wanted to get rid of 'fixed period invisibility' Specials that could be tapped in a panic and provide the user with an immediate safety net. They also said they wanted the Specials to be potentially more deadly if used well, but more risky if used poorly.

The current Baller's incredible durability means you don't have to be all that sneaky or tactical to pull it off well, and it can provide the same sort of 'get out of jail free' card that the Kraken was abused for when staring into the face of death.

I think the damage and inking buffs were fair and necessary, but I reckon they've somewhat overdone the invulnerability aspect.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Invulnerability feels a bit high for Baller. But at least it has to stop before exploding. The Kraken couldnt be stopped and kept going until it hit you. Baller has a grace period.

Anywho, Im on right now if anyone wants to beat me senseless

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Pazzo-TheFool

Baller needs a little bit of a surprise factor, if I use it in front of the enemy team they destroy the special before I can use it.

But it's more or less still a top special. It's OK in Tower Control, but great in everything else. It'd rather have Sting Ray for TC.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Jazzer94

Apart from maybe slight change in baller health making it weaker the special is fine, I'd actually would rather it takes longer to charge as it's too frequent.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Skid

Yeah, noticed right away when they made the baller more durable. Honestly though, I've only been splatted by it twice though. Once someone sneaked up on me and I turn around when I heard something weird only to see the ink right at the top and exploding, and the second time I backed myself into a corner. I haven't been able to break one with out a teammate with me. I've basically been treating them like the chicken bombs and baiting them to explode, but I just feel they are invincible for to long right after exploding.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Maxz

@Jazzer94 Yeah, I think it's nearly there. It's certainly much closer to my idea of what the Baller 'should' be than the pre-update version (which was pretty pathetic).

I'm in the 'Tweak the Baller' camp, rather than wanting to outright 'nerf' it. It's not 'broken' by any means, but it can be a little annoying if the opposing team has (say) two Ballers, and you spend much of the match shooting at these annoyingly impenetrable spheres to no avail. The Ink Jet got made a fair amount more vulnerable and in need of cautious use, and Ink Armour got toned down too, but it's now pretty easy to use the Baller with impunity.

I wouldn't mind it if the 'detonation lag' were actually decreased slightly, in exchange for higher vulnerability and/or knockback. This would make it more deadly upon sneaking up on the enemy, but harder to sneak up if you were spotted. There's be more of a risk/reward element to it, rather than the current middling vanilla, where it's pretty easy to escape from, but almost impossible to shoot down, leading to long games of cat and mouse (like the Kraken in the old days). I like how the Ink Jet can be neutralised in an instant if not used carefully. With the Baller it just feels like you're playing the waiting game.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

Ballers issue is that they're too unstoppable at the moment. In higher ranks for example, players can easily take the Zones in SplatZones with one or two Ballers going in, and there is not much one can do because they're fast, very durable and have a huge explosion.

The best counter are super fast long range weapons like Splatlings and Bomb Rushes.

The Sting Ray should also be tweaked imo. In TC the thing basically stops any possible push a team can make.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

So we're just going to go back and forth with these special patches, or nerf them all into oblivion?

The Baller is fine. It's more difficult to stop outright except for strong close quarter weapons (or chucking bombs at them), but actually getting splats with it is still a challenge for the user (unlike the Kraken which could kill instantly with surprise). As for the Sting Ray in Tower Control, it was already good there pre-buff, and the Killer Wail in the original wasn't much different.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Skid

meleebrawler wrote:

So we're just going to go back and forth with these special patches, or nerf them all into oblivion?.

To be fair you can't only buff things(I mean, I guess you could). I think if it gets a buff and it makes it "too good" then it should get some kind of nerf. That is why it called balancing right? If you keep buffing things you are gonna tip the scales in the opposite direction, which isn't good either. For the most part I agree and think the baller is fine as is.

The best way to nerf it now, I believe, would be to just require you to get more points to get it. Durability could be somewhere between pre buff and buff, but closer too the buff; though I don't think that would be necessary like you said. Also, I find it easy to out run. Not gonna lie though, I said earlier I've only been splatted twice since the buff to the baller, but I got splatted four times in one match buy it during lunch. I kept getting stuck in ink with no ink in the tank. It was like being stuck on a train track with the train coming at you full speed, I couldn't help but laugh while thinking of my past comment.

Switch

Zyrac

If we're talking about things that might need nerfed, what does everyone think of the Octobrush? I've seen a few complaints about it, which seems reasonable as in my experience it's pretty prominent in ranked matches and tends to get a lot of splats. I dunno what I'd want them to do to it though.

Zyrac

Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Zyrac The only people still complaining about the Octobrush are players who haven't yet learned to treat enemy ink as hostile territory. Surprise attacks are all the main weapon is really good for, leaving them chucking autobombs the rest of the time. It's a good, well-rounded with those and the (nerfed) jet, but not anything outstanding.

Basically it's just really good at preying on impatience.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii Bait it. No really move in, and as they will have pressed the detonate button their speed slows, at which point book it in the other direction OR if possible lower terrain like down a wall. It goes off, problem solved.

Or, as I found out today...Splashdown cancels out Baller explosions. So get close wait for the ball to fill and use Splashdown

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GoldenGamer88

Tsurii wrote:

Geeze, that baller thing is serious horse**** lol
Any tips on how to deal with that besides booking it?

From what I can tell, most people, who don't use it as a safety net, try to charge into the enemy base with it. I try to follow them, wait until they eventually explode and shoot them. Should they have seen me, I usually try to lead them into an area, where I have the high ground and/or a large area of my color, causing them to lose my trail and explode sooner or later. And then splat.

Maybe a little health reduction but aside from being snuck up on, I rarely get splatted by Ballers.

Skid

@Zyrac What @meleebrawler said. I got impatient in rainmaker today and an octobrush let me have it.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic