Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 5,014

Nicolai

@Spoony_Tech I've only been doing fine with it in Salmon Run because I've been practicing with it so much lately.

@Zyrac, I've had great success reviving some of my opponents from REALLY far away, even if they're behind a ledge. Which is really fun.

@meleebrawler Hmm, I haven't had the same success doing things like that. I don't seem to produce much of a disturbance, and I draw a ton of attention to myself that way.

Does anyone have a Camo Mesh Hat, by Firefin? It's the last piece of clothing I need. I think it's the only hat in the game that runs both Swim Speed and an Ink Saver.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Zyrac

@Nicolai Oh, I have that. So you can order it if I play with you while wearing it, right? I can be on about six hours from now if you're free then.

Zyrac

Twitter:

TuVictus

Yeah, me and a friend trying to kill a Stinger with the roller and sniper was such a mess. I love the roller itself, just wish there was a way to go straight to rolling since it uses so much ink on the splats

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

So, I've been using the Aerospray MG as my main weapon - and doing pretty well in most modes - but it's quite under-powered for close-quarters combat. The Aerospray kind of suits my preferred play style - but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a similar weapon (rapid fire) with better damage that I could perhaps try out next time I play? (..or aim for if, at level 23, I haven't unlocked it yet!)

Thanks in advance!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii Well, we were just talking about the Sploosh-o-matic, and that's pretty similar to the Aerospray, but with a lot more power at the cost of not being quite as good for coverage (the Aerospray has pretty much the best coverage in the game). N-ZAP '85 is also a nice choice if you want a bit more range.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Brill! Thanks for that! I've been building an outfit to suit the Aerospray style - but it'd be nice to have a couple of similar, but more powerful, alternatives for the more combat-focused game modes - but that'd still benefit from the Abilities of my chosen outfit! ..I'll check 'em out next time I'm on!

The Aerospray usually puts me near the top of the rankings in Turf Wars - but I find that it's often best to just run/swim away from combat situations because it's so under-powered! ..in Ranked Modes, that tactic doesn't really seem to benefit the team as much, so it'd be good to have an N-ZAP/Sploosh-O up my sleeve for competitive play if they're quite similar

On a side note, I was playing a bit of Turf Wars last night with a strange group of people - all high level (40-50ish) - but they weren't really contributing to the game - no matter what team they were on (even if they were on opposing sides) they'd all just congrigate together, jumping up and down on the spot spamming 'Booyah!' ..anyone else experienced anything like this?! Bizarre... :/

Edited on by NaviAndMii

ThomGee

@NaviAndMii I'd say try the Splash-o-Matic and the original Dualies as well. The Splattershots could also work, but I think they're a bit too different from the Aerospray.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

@Nintendoer I tried the Dualies, but seemed to do really quite badly with them - is there something I'm missing? (..maybe I was just in a tough lobby? ..or they just take a bit of getting used to!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Nicolai

@NaviAndMii My favorite is the N-ZAP. It's similar, but you get a narrower stream of ink and a slightly longer ranger. In close quarters, most weapons splat about the same, but because the N-ZAP is so narrow, it's more precise and you get that same splat time throughout its range. Because it's so rapid-fire and low powered, you get about the same amount of ink coverage if you waggle your reticle a bunch. The one drawback is that its easier for inklings to escape your fire, but I still get great results with it.

If you still want that "fanning" ink trail, the Sploosh-o-matic and Splat Jr. are very similar, just with varying degrees of precision and range, with Sploosh-o-matic being the shortest and Splat Jr being the "fanniest." It goes something like this.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Range - _ - Precision
Sploosh-o _ _ _ shortest _ _ medium
Splat Jr. _ _ _ _ _ short _ _ _ wide
Aero _ _ _ _ _ _ _ medium _ medium
Splash-o _ _ _ _ _ medium _ narrowest
NZAP _ _ _ _ _ _ _ longer _ _ narrow

Weapons like the Gals splat faster, but they require too much precision for me sure to their low fire rate. Plus, their ink coverage and efficiency plummets. Tri has about the same settings as the Sploosh, the standard slosher is as long as the NZAP, but with much more fan.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Zyrac

Oh, speaking of dualies, I've been liking the Dapple Dualies (Lv. 26 unlock) for close combat. They do more damage than the Splat Dualies and the super quick dodge roll is a real lifesaver. Bit awkward that they come with Beakons rather than any sort of bomb, though, not that Beakons aren't useful.

I think I'm the sort of gamer who's played enough action games with dodge moves that I just sort of instinctively understand rolling. So I'm not sure how well I could explain it, but I will say it's good for avoiding being trapped in enemy ink.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Nintendoer I dunno, maybe I've just used the Aerospray too much - the Dualies did seem to be quite similar (rapid fire/decent coverage), maybe if I stick with them for a bit I can adjust to the subtleties of them a bit more ..I just noticed that, on Turf Wars, my score just dropped from ≈1000 to closer to ≈650 when I switched to the Dualies - could be just down to a lack of practice I guess!

@Nicolai That's great - thanks! I'll have to get myself an N-ZAP and try it out - I'm pretty good at shooters (generally speaking) but, even so, I wouldn't want the aim to be too narrow - so seems like a good option! ..I'll probably try the Sploosh-O-Matic too but, with an ultra narrow spray, it sounds quite unforgiving!

@Zyrac Is there a dodge roll button? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong..? :/

Edited on by NaviAndMii

ThomGee

@NaviAndMii Press B and hold a direction to roll while shooting. You have to be shooting to roll.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

@Nintendoer Ahhhh!! Maybe that's why my score just fell off a cliff when I started using the Dualies! ..if I roll, the recticles converge and concentrate the blast on a single spot, don't they? ..might make all the difference - cheers! (..as soon as I learned how to roll in GTA:Online, it made a huge difference - I'll have to practice that when I play Splatoon later! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Namco

@NaviAndMii
Don't worry about your score dropping when trying out a new weapon. That's inevitable when you miss the needed experience. Like others said the kind of weapon you use should depend on your playstyle. To be honest my aim is not always on point. My playstyle is more of a strategic manner. I like to ambush the enemy. I often swim around players and shooting them in the back. That's why I prefer weapons such as the Sploosh-O-Matic, Tri Slosher and the Mini-Spatling because of their relative wide coverage.

The Splash-O-Matic is actually the one with the narrow spray. The Sploosh is much better in close-quarter combat.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Nicolai

Zyrac wrote:

@Nicolai Oh, I have that. So you can order it if I play with you while wearing it, right? I can be on about six hours from now if you're free then.

That would be great! If I remember to go online then... lol. I'll check in if I remember.

Got married.

NaviAndMii

@Sir_Anthony Thanks I'm pretty good with the Aerospray - probably about as effective I can be with it - I just don't like having to run away from close-quarters battles...feels kinda cowardly - but necessary all the same given how under-powered it is! ..I was just thinking of changing things up to get a weapon that I wouldn't have to be so cowardly with! I'd much rather front up than run/swim away! Haha!

The Sloshers look super-effective - but I don't really like the animation, so I think I'm gonna avoid using them if I can (same with the brushes - too 'thrashy' for my tastes!) ..but I'll test a few of the other weapons suggested at the weapon shop - stick with one - then hopefully pick up the little nuances as I go

Edited on by NaviAndMii

KirbyTheVampire

The Tri-slosher is my baby. The number of kills I get is usually cut in half when I try any other weapon, although I'm pretty good with the Octobrush as well.

Seems like one of the best weapons when it comes to sneak attacks and ambushing the enemy.

KirbyTheVampire

NaviAndMii

@KirbyTheVampire I've certainly fallen victim to many a Slosher/Brush attack - devastating!

I wasn't meaning to sound like I hate them, or hate the animations or anything (poor choice of words on my part) ..I think these weapons are genius really & I love how they fit with the overall theme of the game - nothing wrong with the animations either! (quite scary when someone's coming at you with one! - glad they're in the game!) ..just personal taste, that's all - more of a 'shooter' guy myself!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Zyrac

Interesting details on Run Speed Up have appeared on Inkipedia. Apparently there's some compensation for weapons that affect your run speed while not firing, but that isn't too important. What matters more is that we now have exact numbers for the boost you get when you are firing. Plus, there's a chart that shows the speed while firing for various weapons (mostly shooters). Splat Dualies, Dapple Dualies and N-ZAP are the fastest.

This was added a few days ago, actually. Gonna keep an eye out for more juicy stuff like this.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic