Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 5,014

ThomGee

@Zyrac The Forge has Suction Bombs as a sub. That makes it a pretty good kit.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Skid

@Zyrac Ah, that is true. I was just excited about a new salmon run map. I guess I'll wait patiently then... ugggggggh, need it now!

About the bubbler too, that is true using it as a distraction. I really do have hi hopes for it in tower control and splatzones. Not so much with rainmaker or turf war.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Nintendoforlife

-Green- wrote:

My gut tells me they won't change the news thing much. At most I suspect them to make it orderly as to when it will appear.

The penalty system in this game is awful as well. I absolutey hate it, and the stupid disconnect warning it gives.

It sucks but it's neccesary. People got away with leaving the game too often in Splatoon 1, so this is a welcome addition. I only wish Nintendo got their online more stable to go along with this.

Nintendoforlife

Zyrac

Perhaps it's a lack of experience with other platforms, but I've never found complaints about the stability of Nintendo's online to be very credible. Sure, I see people disconnect a lot in this game. But I myself have never been disconnected mid-match, nor have I seen much in the way of noticeable lag. So I really can only conclude that other people have bad connections.

Zyrac

Twitter:

TuVictus

Or maybe you just have a very good one / lucky? There's a great deal Nintendo needs to do with their online if they're going to charge for it. Let's not forget this might have flown on the wii and wii u but I hope people won't be so forgiving when they're paying money for it.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Zyrac It's pretty much that you need a better connection on Nintendo platforms to reach the same quality online experience on other platforms. So like if you test a connection with say Switch and Xbox One, you will have less online issues on Xbox One.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

The more often I see Off the Hook the better, so I like the news. I think a skip option would be good for those who don't like them.

As for disconnections, I think players who purposefully disconnect (rage-quit) need to be punished more efficiently. Though I wonder how Nintendo could differentiate them from the internet failing on players. Overall, I really do think teams, no matter how long they've played with one or more players disconnected, should receive a compensation of some sorts. My first guess was that they could give the team extra cash or exp but this could be exploited easily (just play with a friend and tell them to disconnect like 30 seconds before the match's over).

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Nintendoforlife

Zyrac wrote:

Perhaps it's a lack of experience with other platforms, but I've never found complaints about the stability of Nintendo's online to be very credible. Sure, I see people disconnect a lot in this game. But I myself have never been disconnected mid-match, nor have I seen much in the way of noticeable lag. So I really can only conclude that other people have bad connections.

I've had a Wii, Wii U, and now Switch. I've never had this many disconnects before.

Nintendoforlife

Zyrac

In the first game's squad mode, you could willingly play with a three-person team and be compensated with quicker respawn times. Maybe they should implement that for disconnects.

Zyrac

Twitter:

JasmineDragon

I always assumed Off The Hook was only partly an update for the players, and partly Nintendo's way of hiding a loading screen, and that was why you can't skip it. I could be wrong, but believing this makes the waiting less onerous.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

meleebrawler

There's only two things that cause a rotation to play the news: Salmon Run opening up or an update.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Skid

Here are the patch notes for tomorrow.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Haruki_NLI

So...LGBT posts on the Plaza now.

Who said what this time that the community decided to massacre?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

Nintendo certainly seems to be taking the ''buff first'' route in terms of patching, both here and in ARMS.

bluedogrulez

@NapalmPsalm : There is live gameplay of the Manta Maria stage on the Gamescom's feed NL posted (got to the 34 minute mark). It looks great . . . even more claustrophobic than Splatoon's Warehouse stage!!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Spoony_Tech

I ignore all drawings. I've seen a user name or to that needed to be moded though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Dev Wii U had multiple pages and topics to help dilute non-topical conversation... no such luck here.

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software From what I've seen, seems to mainly be the Splatoon 2 community being supportive given the horrible things happening in the real world (America especially). There's the odd people here and there complaining saying to keep the talk outside the game but most of the talk seems to be aimed at making people feel welcome in the community.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

From the notes I might be picking up the carbon roller again for some fun. I'll give the dynamo another look too.

Edit:
@bluedogrulez Thanks! I missed out on that article.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Its only jjst struck me as a problem because as a furry (yes.) And an LGBTQ+ individual....I like not having people do these argumengs in front of me when im unable to you know...shut em up. So far the posts have either been fine or "Lets remind you youre different"

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic